PDA

View Full Version : Please loan me your maxtrax

lachiek
2nd September 2015, 08:28 AM
Hey guys I'm looking for a loan of some Maxtrax in Sydney.

I'm doing a one-of trip to Fraser. I never drive on sand otherwise so don't want to buy and store Maxtrax so thought I'd see if anyone in Sydney would be up for loaning me theirs from 12 - 27th Sept?

With this forum as my witness if they don't come back I'll buy you a new set. I'll leave you a $100 deposit and open up all my 4x4, welding, camping, rock climbing, mountain biking or sailing gear you might want to borrow off me some time.

Ideally you'd be located in Sydney so its easier to return the favour but I'll borrow maxtrax off anyone between Sydney and Inskip Point!

Cheers, Lachie

Bloodyaussie
2nd September 2015, 08:56 AM
I was actually thinking the same thing for my trip too Robe next week....

Cant afford to fork out for a set right now.

mudski
2nd September 2015, 09:11 AM
Lol. Too. Going to Fraser or Moreton, or both, in two weeks. Another thing to sort out...

lucus30
2nd September 2015, 10:21 AM
I was actually thinking the same thing for my trip too Robe next week....

Cant afford to fork out for a set right now.

You can borrow mine mate. They aren't max tracks but still recovery boards.
You are welcome to them. Though somehow I don't think bruce will get bogged

Bloodyaussie
2nd September 2015, 10:53 AM
You can borrow mine mate. They aren't max tracks but still recovery boards.
You are welcome to them. Though somehow I don't think bruce will get bogged

Thats great mate...... now to try and meet up???

lucus30
2nd September 2015, 10:58 AM
Thats great mate...... now to try and meet up???

When are you going? I don't have any time this weekend though on Friday I will probably have a few hours spare

Bloodyaussie
2nd September 2015, 11:13 AM
When are you going? I don't have any time this weekend though on Friday I will probably have a few hours spare

Next weekend.... and will be at gippsland this weekend??

Crazy !!!

Sorry for the hijack by the way.

lachiek
2nd September 2015, 05:21 PM
@Bloodyaussie I'm glad this helped you out!

@mudski if you go to Fraser keep an eye out for a silver SWB Pajero. A bogged one with no maxtrax...

lucus30
2nd September 2015, 06:21 PM

@mudski if you go to Fraser keep an eye out for a silver SWB Pajero. A bogged one with no maxtrax...

ha ha yeah sorry mate. We are in VIC. If you were local you'd be more than welcome also

mudski
2nd September 2015, 08:35 PM

Haha! Maybe we can get bogged together with no trax! You won't miss me. My rego is mudski and a white GU.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

AB
2nd September 2015, 08:46 PM
You blokes will be ok, bring your shovels and watch the tides and concentrate on crossings.

MudRunnerTD
2nd September 2015, 09:27 PM
Aldi have them for $129 this week.

mudski
2nd September 2015, 09:58 PM
Aldi have them for $129 this week.
Yer dunno if I'd trust those. Buuuut ill check them out anyway. Im curious to see...

Hodge
3rd September 2015, 07:55 AM
I saw them and held a set the other day. They feel quiet good . I'm not expert but for the price...

mudski
3rd September 2015, 09:01 AM
Yeah I know, but I am very wary of these. Having said that I haven't seen them myself, only the maxtrax. Theres a mob in Bayswater selling them for $109 a pair. IF, I get my car back today, tomorrow I might go for a drive out to Bayswater and have a look see. I don't really want to be spending anymore $$$ right now, but I don't want to run the risk either of beaching the car. I have a shovel, which I'll take. I have never driven on sand before so I kinda want to be prepared.

gaddy
3rd September 2015, 09:19 AM
Drop ya tyres to 18 psi and you will go any where , 20 years of going there , only been stuck once at inskip , towing 2t and bad gear choice and first time with the diesel, was used to petrol , i use high range pretty much everywhere , nigala bypass is the only bit that gets ordinery , indian head is a walk in the park with tyres at 18 , i avoid eli at high tide as the salt washes up the creek to where the cars park ,

BillsGU
3rd September 2015, 12:55 PM
Join a 4WD club. Most clubs (like ours) have a collection of equipment that you only need once in a blue moon, that members can borrow for free. Saves having all that junk piled up in the shed (just in case) that you may never use again.

lachiek
3rd September 2015, 04:04 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys. I've driven on sand plenty of times before and I agree its low probability of getting bogged but I've recovered that many clowns in the Blue Mountains over the years I just never want to be that bloke with NFI that can't help himself out of a jam.

BillsGU thanks for the club tip. I've been meaning to get around to joining one.

lucus30
3rd September 2015, 06:04 PM
Yeah I know, but I am very wary of these. Having said that I haven't seen them myself, only the maxtrax. Theres a mob in Bayswater selling them for $109 a pair. IF, I get my car back today, tomorrow I might go for a drive out to Bayswater and have a look see. I don't really want to be spending anymore $$$ right now, but I don't want to run the risk either of beaching the car. I have a shovel, which I'll take. I have never driven on sand before so I kinda want to be prepared.

stop past for a beer

Actually you don't live that far from BA's do you? Maybe i should give you mine so he can grab them off you

mudski
3rd September 2015, 08:44 PM
stop past for a beer

Actually you don't live that far from BA's do you? Maybe i should give you mine so he can grab them off you
Yeah! Lol. And then ill forget to give them to him and take them with me![emoji48]
And last time i had a beer with you i near pissed my pants in the troll onmthe way home, as the was a stack on Eastlink and i was stuck idle in traffic. I just had to bail on the freeway, jump the barrier and go. I got a few looks from the cars too. Lol.

lucus30
3rd September 2015, 08:53 PM
Yeah! Lol. And then ill forget to give them to him and take them with me![emoji48]
And last time i had a beer with you i near pissed my pants in the troll onmthe way home, as the was a stack on Eastlink and i was stuck idle in traffic. I just had to bail on the freeway, jump the barrier and go. I got a few looks from the cars too. Lol.

LMAO too funny