odin
2nd April 2011, 12:13 AM
Hi can anyone tell me where to find the paint code on a gq wagon. Odin

Clunk
2nd April 2011, 12:23 AM
hey Odin, on mine it's on the drivers side plate on the bulk head

robbo0001
2nd January 2012, 06:41 PM
After doing a search, this was one of two threads that mention paint codes....

Can anyone tell me the lower trim paint code on our Patrolr? I tried to match it via the usual sources, but ender up with a metallic grey. The original lower exetrior bumpers are grey/ silver with a mettalic gold fleck through it, the paint code in engine bay is DK2K...i think the trim colour refers to the interior grey, not the extrerior colour.

The body of the vehicle is "apple" metallic green, but the guards colour I can"t find at all.

surely there is a Nissan paint refernce online somewhere....I cant seem to find one.

edit the colour code is actually DR2 Jade Trim K
Cheers

robbo0001
3rd January 2012, 08:09 AM
Think I have found the colour code.....KJ1 "yellowish silver."

I will hit up Autobarn and other paint suppliers and see i they can make me a pressure can (if its on their system, otherwise I will have to either do a few experiments, or respray every external lower panel, greyish silver...yuck)

robbo0001
3rd January 2012, 05:05 PM
Bit the bullet and took one section of the front bumper to an automotive paint shop at Brendale...getting the grey/gold and the green in a can each, 30 bucks a can.
Pretty expensive, but I guarantee I will need the silver again.
And I intend on sanding and respraying the gutters, once the roof rack is hanging back up in my shed next week, bit of surface rust that needs a sand, killrust and prime/paint.

Cheers to Todd for your assistance via email mate....much appreciated!:bigthumbup:

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2012, 06:02 PM
No worries Dave, sorry I couldn't tell you what you wanted 2 know.

Even though there are "base" Nissan color codes, I think the quickest, easiest and best way of matching up paint is by just going 2 an Auto paint shop and getting them 2 match it anyway

Good luck with the respray

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2012, 06:03 PM
Odin, how did you go with finding the paint code, All sorted now???