PDA

View Full Version : Intros getting in the way.

Chubba
31st August 2015, 02:35 PM
This is just a question and I under stand that all new members need to be welcomed to the forum and this is important but is it necessary for all of the welcome post to go to the " what's new " page. At times the" what's new " pages are awash with nothing but introductions. And the normal discussion aspect of the forum ceases. Or is there a setting we can adjust? Just something I have noticed. I like to log on and scroll through the " what's new " pages to see what has been happening.

happygu
31st August 2015, 02:56 PM
Chubba,

There is only one problem with having them not show up on the 'What's New' page, and that would be that no-one would then ever look at them - defeating the purpose of having these type of posts in the first place..... and making people feel welcome and valued is what keeps people posting.

I know it can be a pain sometimes, but it isn't the norm to see only Intro Threads on the 'What's New' page, and you can click past them easily if you like, as they are normally labelled as Intro.

If you want them to disappear then continue to post to other threads, which puts them at the top....:o

Clunk
31st August 2015, 03:14 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/08/372.jpg

bvwahahahahahahaha

lucus30
31st August 2015, 03:40 PM
It's all clunks fault

Clunk
31st August 2015, 03:44 PM
It's all clunks fault

I blames Growler and BA

MudRunnerTD
31st August 2015, 06:20 PM
It's not normally as bad as the last couple of days but a few of the guys have felt particularly welcoming!

Clunk
31st August 2015, 06:25 PM
It's not normally as bad as the last couple of days but a few of the guys have felt particularly welcoming!

well you can't welcome one person and leave someone else out can you...... it just wouldn't be right, they might feel left out

Bloodyaussie
31st August 2015, 06:25 PM

Unlike you ya unsocial prick..... cman daz get with the welcoming spirit...ha ha ha

Rocket55
31st August 2015, 06:34 PM
Welcoming posts are important as it sets the tone of the forum for the newbie. Nobody likes to jump into a crowded room and shout out "hello" and not get any answers back.... Well some might.. It's not that hard to scroll past them if your not saying hello.

mudski
31st August 2015, 07:53 PM
Not sure if it can be done. I notice a lot of newbs dont do an intro. Personally im not fussed about it. I can see why they are asked, its the courtiess thing to do, if thats hoe you spell it lol. But if they start asking a question in there first thread and someone says to give an intro first. Is there a way to only let them into the intro section for their first post? Then they can post as they wish?
It might just save people telling them to do an intro first. ..
Food for thought.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

AB
31st August 2015, 07:58 PM
Not sure if it can be done. I notice a lot of newbs dont do an intro. Personally im not fussed about it. I can see why they are asked, its the courtiess thing to do, if thats hoe you spell it lol. But if they start asking a question in there first thread and someone says to give an intro first. Is there a way to only let them into the intro section for their first post? Then they can post as they wish? It might just save people telling them to do an intro first. .. Food for thought. Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk It is a good idea mate I've thought of that myself a few times but there are a lot of people who really don't understand the basics of computers let alone signing up to a forum and asking a question.

You wouldn't believe the amount of emails I get on questions about patrols or how do I ask a question, sign up, manuals etc.

I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for people to sign up and ask a question and that extra restriction may be too much for the average joe.

Maxhead
31st August 2015, 08:04 PM
Just ban Clunkster and Growler and there won't be a problem,....easy...lol

Sir Roofy
31st August 2015, 08:41 PM
Just ban Clunkster and Growler and there won't be a problem,....easy...lol

No Way mate GROWLER IS CATCHING UP after his break and CLUNK IS JUST CRUISING

Bloodyaussie
31st August 2015, 08:51 PM
Welcome aboard mate........

NissanGQ4.2
31st August 2015, 09:05 PM
This is just a question and I under stand that all new members need to be welcomed to the forum and this is important but is it necessary for all of the welcome post to go to the " what's new " page. At times the" what's new " pages are awash with nothing but introductions. And the normal discussion aspect of the forum ceases. Or is there a setting we can adjust? Just something I have noticed. I like to log on and scroll through the " what's new " pages to see what has been happening.

Just do what I do, make a bookmark to the forum on your browsers quick link bar and chance its properties location 2 this"nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=2amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post"

Just add www. infront of nissanpatrol.com.au

Edit: And vBForum is one word not sure why it is showing a space

that way you can choose when and if you want 2 see new intro's

Clunk
31st August 2015, 09:17 PM
Welcome aboard mate........
Idjut .........

mudski
31st August 2015, 09:28 PM
Idjut .........
I think you mean. Idgit.

Clunk
31st August 2015, 09:34 PM
I think you mean. Idgit.

Nope, I meant idjut

mudnut
31st August 2015, 09:35 PM
When I first joined
the welcomes gave
me the warm fuzzies,
until I found out what
lot are really like.. LOL.

Bigcol
31st August 2015, 09:38 PM
Nope, I meant idjut

he's Welsh

ya have to have the accent

pronounced

Eeeeejut

Clunk
1st September 2015, 12:10 AM
he's Welsh

ya have to have the accent

pronounced

Eeeeejut

That's Irish man, get it right!!!!!! hahahahaha

Bob
1st September 2015, 09:50 AM
Just do what I do, make a bookmark to the forum on your browsers quick link bar and chance its properties location 2 this"nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=2amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post"

Just add www. infront of nissanpatrol.com.au

Edit: And vBForum is one word not sure why it is showing a space

that way you can choose when and if you want 2 see new intro's

And it works a treat

Irish
15th September 2015, 07:04 PM
That's Irish man, get it right!!!!!! hahahahaha

Christ on a bike, Clunks right, and it's pronounced eejit!

:trink13:

Clunk
15th September 2015, 07:24 PM
Christ on a bike, Clunks right, and it's pronounced eejit!

:trink13:

There comes a time, once in someones lifetime, that I speak true ;)

growler2058
15th September 2015, 07:53 PM
I blames Growler and BA

Get stuffed!

Chubba toughen up dry ya eyes princess!!

Clunk
15th September 2015, 08:08 PM
Get stuffed!

who let you crawl out from under my bed?

growler2058
15th September 2015, 08:38 PM
who let you crawl out from under my bed?

Sorry mistress!!

Chubba
15th September 2015, 08:41 PM

Quiet! You.

growler2058
15th September 2015, 08:44 PM
Quiet! You.

Head down to Priceys site and chuck ya gob on the chute of a twin steer agi n' get 7m3 intaya

Dman2603
23rd September 2015, 04:46 PM
There comes a time, once in someones lifetime, that I speak true ;)
So everything from now on is just ballock again!! :tease:

Clunk
23rd September 2015, 05:18 PM
So everything from now on is just ballock again!! :tease:
And everything else that I've said previously