PDA

View Full Version : SCA Fathers day specials

threedogs
26th August 2015, 01:22 PM
Just noticed SCA have diesel injector cleaner for $1.99 on Saturday 6th of September, limit of 6 per customer
I buy this normally at $12 a bottle , so a good saving IMO

http://catalogue.supercheapauto.com.au/offer/lubricants/calibre-petrol-or-diesel-injector-cleaner/53qnpavi6.html?source=catalogue&pageview=two&pid=%28featuredCatalogue%29Calibre+Petrol+Or+Diese l+Injector+Cleaner

Cuppa
26th August 2015, 05:08 PM
TD42 owners - can you comment on whether you reckon it’s worth me getting a few bottles? Have never used any injector cleaner before.

DX grunt
26th August 2015, 08:07 PM
TD42 owners - can you comment on whether you reckon it’s worth me getting a few bottles? Have never used any injector cleaner before.

Me neither.

threedogs
27th August 2015, 07:25 AM
I usually put one bottle per tank [95] say going up the Murray [250k]
Its designed for diesel engines so cant see how it can harm anything.

garett
27th August 2015, 07:33 AM
its been used in my td42 for many years and never had any issues with dirty injectors or blocked filters, fuel economy has stayed the same, so yeah i think its worth while
after the first tank or so with cleaner i might think about changing the filter just in case.

Cuppa
27th August 2015, 11:44 AM
At $2 a bottle I’ll give it a go. Might be a good move with the 2T I mix in with the diesel.:)

blocko05
27th August 2015, 01:23 PM
what a great price. Cant beat 80% off. I will get some as well. Thanks TD

Cuppa
27th August 2015, 03:08 PM
Well I bought some & put it in...... then came home & googled ‘How does Fuel injector cleaner work’ only to be confronted with a whole lot of stuff about fuel additives being a waste of time & primarily a ‘feelgood’ factor for the unwitting owner. Like garett I’ve never had any injector or filter issues & that is without adding anything. .

Damn the internet ..... why couldn’t I have spent my $12 on 6 bottles & at least enjoyed the feelgood factor?! :1087:

jack
27th August 2015, 03:37 PM
Damn the internet ..... why couldn’t I have spent my $12 on 6 bottles & at least enjoyed the feelgood factor?! :1087:

Wait till they go back to their original price and offer them as special on the Forum (win, win)

Bloodyaussie
27th August 2015, 03:47 PM
Well I bought some & put it in...... then came home & googled ‘How does Fuel injector cleaner work’ only to be confronted with a whole lot of stuff about fuel additives being a waste of time & primarily a ‘feelgood’ factor for the unwitting owner. Like garett I’ve never had any injector or filter issues & that is without adding anything. .

Be careful of Doctor Google mate.. it will screw with your head!!!

threedogs
27th August 2015, 03:49 PM
Does that feel good factor have a happy ending,
If it did nothing there would be heaps of law suits
I would think,
My motor had a rough idle for a while ,,a bottle of Wynnes injector cleaner
sorted it out, and I only do one fix at a time

Bloodyaussie
27th August 2015, 03:53 PM
I was actually thinking my problem might be a dirty injector as I have vibration at idle and only replaced my mount a month ago..

Might give it a try as it is cheap enough.

Bigcol
27th August 2015, 07:16 PM
the problem with diesel is - there is a fungus that grows in it
http://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp-country/en_au/media/fuel-news/microbes-in-fuel.pdf

any additive that has a "biocide" in it is good to use

Caltex used to market a good one, but for the life of me I cannot remember its name - used to be (going back 15yrs) $2.00 for a 100ml bottle
I used to have a 100l reserve tank in my 4wd at the time, and when I filled the main tank, I used to put $5.00 worth of diesel in the reserve (diesel was $0.65 per litre then) - after a couple of weeks, had a "fuel free" week of driving, or when I was saving to go away on a trip
1 bottle per tank full of diesel

never had a problem