PDA

View Full Version : Gawler Rangers Meet Up May 2016 South Australia

Pages : [1] 2

Chubba
25th August 2015, 10:34 PM
This is what I'm thinking of guys some time next May or June. We could meet up in Port Augusta (BP truck stop Hwy 1) Sat afternoon then make our way to Pildappa Rock (about 3 hours west on Eyre Highway) to set up camp for the night. Need to go through Wudinna before 10:00 pm so we can juice up before the servo closes. Day 2 Head towards Gawler Rangers and set up camp in the national park probably Kokodo camp(about 40km) Explore the park for rest of the day. Day 3 head to the east of the park till we get to the boundary (about depending on where we go) and drive along Public Access Route 11(about 85km) This will lead us to Drekurmi Rd. Where we head north to Public Access Route 23(about 40km) This we lead us north east to Nonning. Hear we can follow the Nonnung Rd South East all the way to Iron Knob(about 72km). From Iron Knob it's up to you what you do. Head home or stay at Iron Knob, Whyalla (about 50km) or Port Augusta (about 70km) for the night to head home the next day. A lot of driving in a few days but that's what we do.
Any feed back welcome.

Update;; MAY Sat 14th, Sun 15th and Mon 16th possibly going into Tue 17th depending on your situation

growler2058
26th August 2015, 05:05 AM
Sounds good cock. I'll let you know when I'm going away again

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

blocko05
26th August 2015, 05:33 AM
sounds like you have a good plan there mate. If I was in SA I would join you. Hope it goes well for you and all that go

TPC
26th August 2015, 08:27 PM
I am interested in this but would depend on when it is, I am going away in June already for a couple of weeks.

Softy
26th August 2015, 08:29 PM
Would be keen.. but 10mths away.... Depends how many motors i have to replace between now and then.... lol

Chubba
26th August 2015, 08:41 PM
I am interested in this but would depend on when it is, I am going away in June already for a couple of weeks.
April is a possibility so long as not in the heat of summer.

growler2058
26th August 2015, 08:42 PM
Sounds good for an outback road trip! May would probably be preferable for me but 100% your call. I'm out from mid June will be eating bugs and pigs intestine in my second home

AB
27th August 2015, 03:17 PM
Poll added Chubba....

BigRAWesty
27th August 2015, 07:37 PM
Sounds a great trip. Wife has just started work and is required for weekends.
So we are a very maybe. But we did make the high country happen

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Chubba
27th August 2015, 09:39 PM
Poll added Chubba....
Thanks mate

Rock Trol
28th August 2015, 11:36 AM
Sounds like a great trip. I have no plans that far in advance. I am keen to put my name down for it.

jack
28th August 2015, 01:30 PM
OK this is a possibility, working on it already.

Ibbo
28th August 2015, 02:07 PM
Sounds good, i will be keen if the pieces fall into place.
What is this poll you speak of? Is it compatible with crapatalk?

Chubba
28th August 2015, 02:12 PM
Sounds good, i will be keen if the pieces fall into place.
What is this poll you speak of? Is it compatible with crapatalk?

No mate it only comes up on the full site version. It's to gauge interest.

Chubba
28th August 2015, 06:51 PM
Just a little bit more info for our trip.
Last fuel stop is Wudinna (ULP, LPG and Diesel) closes at 10pm so we will be there in plenty of time this is about 50km from our first camp. Longest distance with out fuel, allowing for park exploring could be up to 550km or with a 40km detour to Kimba (7am - 8pm ULP, LPG, Diesel) that could be brought down to 410km.
What ever people are comfortable with.

Chubba
30th August 2015, 08:32 PM
Public Access Route 23
This track is only suitable for 4WDs and links a popular route from the
Gawler Ranges Mail Road to Kimba in the south. From Nonning to Kimba is approximately 85kms, with the PAR crossing through a working pastoral lease for 55kms in the southern Gawler Ranges region.
The northern turn-off is 72kms north west of Iron Knob, about 1km past the Nonning Homestead. To access the track from Kimba, travel 8kms along the Buckleboo Road to Drekumi Road, then north for 20kms.
Camping is permitted within 250 metres of the track but not within 500 metres of a stock watering point or within 1km of a building.
Please respect any stock or infrastructure that you may encounter along the route.
This is a remote area – ensure you are self-sufficient with adequate water, food, fuel and medical supplies. Also ensure your vehicle has spares and reliable communications.
This is one of the PARs we will be doing on the trip. Sounds good.

Chubba
1st September 2015, 10:08 AM
This is where we will be going61009

Ibbo
1st September 2015, 06:48 PM
It will be hard to resist a detour to the coast after heading that far west. Might have to squeeze a couple more days of leave.

Chubba
13th September 2015, 12:53 PM
Any more interest ?

dave97
13th September 2015, 05:15 PM
I'm interested but don't know if it will happen fingers crossed things go right and ill be in.

BigRAWesty
20th September 2015, 09:36 AM
Yea I'm still keen.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Chubba
7th October 2015, 08:33 PM
OK I've come up with the dates for this little jaunt of ours. MAY seems to be the winner so MAY it is Sat 14th, Sun 15th and Mon 16th possibly going into Tue 17th depending on your situation. Theses will be the dates so anyone still keen and able to make it let us know so we can work out details. There will be at the minimum of two, Me and Pat (my brother )so it is a goer. Cheers lads.

Chubba
8th October 2015, 07:27 AM
..................bump.............

BigRAWesty
8th October 2015, 07:58 AM
Was there a poll?? Missed that lol.
But good to have a date to work for.
Still keen but that's ages away.
By the way it's shaping up next year I may have one of the girls..
Is that sa school holidays??

growler2058
8th October 2015, 09:20 AM
I'm gunna try hard for this Chubbs. Should be either back at LL or on a new project by then so should be able to line something up. It's a month from me going to Thailand but I'll do me best

Chubba
8th October 2015, 03:23 PM
No it's not SA school holidays. It's about week three of term two. Anyway the dates out there so lets see who can make it. Plenty time to work something out if you'd keen.

Ibbo
11th October 2015, 10:17 PM
Is it a wives and kids trip or boys trip?

Chubba
11th October 2015, 10:54 PM
Is it a wives and kids trip or boys trip?

It will just be me in mine and Pat will be solo too lbbo but who you put into your car is completely up to you my man.

BigRAWesty
12th October 2015, 07:03 PM
At this stage I may have my little one.
Either that or solo. Doubt wife will be there and she'll probably have eldest at kindy

Ibbo
13th October 2015, 10:29 PM
No worries, will see how we go, if the family is not keen might just see if i can find a mate keen to jump in for the trip.

BigRAWesty
14th October 2015, 07:08 AM
Well we can probably all convoy. I'll be coming threw from the mount and make Adelaide an over night stop.

Chubba
15th October 2015, 11:55 AM
Ok. Well originally I said meet at Pt Augusta but if most of us are coming from Adelaide we could join up at some place on Main North Rd.

BigRAWesty
15th October 2015, 12:47 PM
Well up to you boss. Your trip.

Chubba
15th October 2015, 01:28 PM
No no mate. We are all flexible here.

TPC
15th October 2015, 02:59 PM
I have been told that as I am already doing a 2 week blokes only desert trip next year I am not allowed to do this one, I am currently working out how to change her mind.

BigRAWesty
15th October 2015, 03:48 PM
I have been told that as I am already doing a 2 week blokes only desert trip next year I am not allowed to do this one, I am currently working out how to change her mind.
Leave her behind 😂

Chubba
15th October 2015, 07:43 PM

who said it was blokes only? just because me and pat are solo doesn't mean everyone else is.

TPC
15th October 2015, 09:29 PM
who said it was blokes only? just because me and pat are solo doesn't mean everyone else is.

If I go on my own I swag it and pack in 30min, if the misses comes I take the camper and take a week to pack.

Chubba
15th October 2015, 09:38 PM
If I go on my own I swag it and pack in 30min, if the misses comes I take the camper and take a week to pack.

I hear yah mate......

BigRAWesty
16th October 2015, 11:01 AM
Ain't that the truth lol.

BigRAWesty
17th October 2015, 07:35 AM
OK I've come up with the dates for this little jaunt of ours. MAY seems to be the winner so MAY it is Sat 14th, Sun 15th and Mon 16th possibly going into Tue 17th depending on your situation. Theses will be the dates so anyone still keen and able to make it let us know so we can work out details. There will be at the minimum of two, Me and Pat (my brother )so it is a goer. Cheers lads.
Just asking. What is the chance of making it the school holidays??
I'm not overly fused as my eldest will only be reception and will probably learn more on the trip. .

And also is this a tour type trip or base camp?

TPC
17th October 2015, 10:25 AM
Just asking. What is the chance of making it the school holidays??
I'm not overly fused as my eldest will only be reception and will probably learn more on the trip. .

And also is this a tour type trip or base camp?

The OP shows it as a tour trip.

BigRAWesty
17th October 2015, 10:30 AM
The OP shows it as a tour trip.
So it does..
So van or tent... hmmmmmmm

TPC
17th October 2015, 11:12 AM
So it does..
So van or tent... hmmmmmmm

How good is your van off road?
I have been into Gawler Ranges once before and there were some interesting cross axle sections which needed good ground clearance, I had my camper trailer on and that handled it fine.
That was in 2008 and I assume it is still the same.

BigRAWesty
17th October 2015, 11:20 AM
How good is your van off road?
I have been into Gawler Ranges once before and there were some interesting cross axle sections which needed good ground clearance, I had my camper trailer on and that handled it fine.
That was in 2008 and I assume it is still the same.
On 31" tyres..
It's going up another 50mm when I do the chassis mods.. currently 500 to underside of body..
Will have treg hitch on front by then too.. And eye to eye springs not slipper

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/10/206.jpg

Chubba
17th October 2015, 12:15 PM
Here I am boys. Sorry Kallen dates are set man. School holidays don't work for me and this is the thing I wanted to avoid or a date would never be set. Anyway as for the camper I don't really now the state of the tracks as they are PARs. It may well be fine but for the sake of one night at the rock and another night in the park with the rest of the time driving bush tracks do you think it would be worth dragging it behind you the whole way. Just a thought.

BigRAWesty
17th October 2015, 03:43 PM
Here I am boys. Sorry Kallen dates are set man. School holidays don't work for me and this is the thing I wanted to avoid or a date would never be set. Anyway as for the camper I don't really now the state of the tracks as they are PARs. It may well be fine but for the sake of one night at the rock and another night in the park with the rest of the time driving bush tracks do you think it would be worth dragging it behind you the whole way. Just a thought.
Na fair enough bloke. I didn't see the poll so didn't know if it was flexible.
As I said the kids will probably learn more from the week of than being there..
And yea probably not worth the camper. I'll see if I can grab the inlaws canvas tent. Ours is too big to setup by ones self for one night.

Chubba
3rd January 2016, 02:07 AM
G'day all and happy new year to you all. Xmas and new year are done and dusted now so I thought I would put up this reminder for anyone still interested in this trip in May. We have three cars at the moment. Myself and two of my brothers. Kallen , Growler are you still keen?
MAY, Sat 14th, Sun 15th and Mon 16th possibly going into Tue 17th depending on your situation.

BigRAWesty
3rd January 2016, 10:50 AM
G'day all and happy new year to you all. Xmas and new year are done and dusted now so I thought I would put up this reminder for anyone still interested in this trip in May. We have three cars at the moment. Myself and two of my brothers. Kallen , Growler are you still keen?
MAY, Sat 14th, Sun 15th and Mon 16th possibly going into Tue 17th depending on your situation.
I'm still keen.

BigRAWesty
3rd January 2016, 10:54 AM
Is pildappa rock to much to ask on a Friday night?

growler2058
3rd January 2016, 10:58 AM
I dunno what job I'll be on yet cockO. I rekon only 25% chance of making it

Chubba
3rd January 2016, 11:00 AM
Cooooool Kallen in yah new bus?
Growler thought as much pussy.

Chubba
3rd January 2016, 11:08 AM
Is pildappa rock to much to ask on a Friday night?

Ummm. Dose that mean is it too far for the first day or you would prefer to leave Fri night?

BigRAWesty
3rd January 2016, 11:13 AM
Scratch that idea. It's 600k for you guys after work Friday night.
That's a bit much

NigeP62
3rd January 2016, 11:53 AM
How challenging is this likely to be?
A few things need to fall into place before I could commit but being pretty much a beginner at 4x4 I wouldn't want to be a pain on what looks like a top trip

growler2058
3rd January 2016, 12:04 PM
A few things need to fall into place before I could commit but being pretty much a beginner at 4x4 I wouldn't want to be a pain on what looks like a top trip

It wont be "hard". But you will have Chubba as group leader and i vouch for him. He knows what hes doing. Nowhere as good as me of course hahahahhahaa

Chubba
3rd January 2016, 05:46 PM

It won't be extreme stuff. The odd creek crossing but it will be remote. Make sure your car is up to it and take the min spares. Such as radiator hose hose clamps. Fan belts, a couple of litres of oil for motor and trans. Coolant top up etc. two spare wheels. A snatch strap and a couple of shackles if you can. Vehicle prep is the big one here.

Chubba
3rd January 2016, 06:09 PM
It wont be "hard". But you will have Chubba as group leader and i vouch for him. He knows what hes doing. Nowhere as good as me of course hahahahhahaa

Don't speak too soon mate.

BigRAWesty
3rd January 2016, 06:13 PM
It won't be extreme stuff. The odd creek crossing but it will be remote. Make sure your car is up to it and take the min spares. Such as radiator hose hose clamps. Fan belts, a couple of litres of oil for motor and trans. Coolant top up etc. two spare wheels. A snatch strap and a couple of shackles if you can. Vehicle prep is the big one here.
Wow really.
Maybe it'll be in the gq..
Got nothing for the gu yet..
But I've just taken the winch off too.. dam it..

growler2058
3rd January 2016, 06:29 PM
Don't speak too soon mate.

What!!
you dont know what youre doing???

Chubba
3rd January 2016, 09:15 PM
What!!
you dont know what youre doing???

Never said I did. It's just that anyone next to you looks like they do.

growler2058
3rd January 2016, 09:36 PM
never said i did. It's just that anyone next to you looks like they do.

hah! @#!%&*?$

BigRAWesty
3rd January 2016, 11:09 PM
So are you dead set about all the spares etc?? Or is that being cautious..

Chubba
4th January 2016, 01:46 AM
I like the peace of mind it gives me. I have a box with all my spares in it that's stored in the shed and gets thrown in the car for anything over a day trip. A set of belts and hoses don't take any space up. I would have thought that they would have been a minimum. As long as you are confident in your vehicle and it's had a good once over.

This probably should be in another thread but my spare box has
Set of belts
Set of radiator hoses
Various size heater hoses and clamps
Set of plugs
Leads
Disy cap and rotor button
One wheel bearing kit
Grease
Top ups of all fluids.
Fuel filter
Gasket goo
Various globes
One shocker
Service manual
Roll of 100mph tap
And o roll of tie wire.

It did take a while to get together.
Not all of it brand new. For example the distributor cap is the old one from the last tune up and so on.

Roosim
5th January 2016, 10:52 PM
Hi, another beginner interested in this trip. Hopefully a stock DX GU7 is up for it?

Ibbo
5th January 2016, 11:22 PM
I am still keen depending how it fits in with the footy season.
Plus it would be good to see if you blokes are as weird in real life as you seem on the forum [emoji6]

BigRAWesty
6th January 2016, 06:07 AM
Plus it would be good to see if you blokes are as weird in real life as you seem on the forum [emoji6]

You know that's a yes..

Chubba
6th January 2016, 06:26 PM
You know that's a yes..

Absolutely. Weirder. Well me anyway

Chubba
6th January 2016, 06:30 PM
Hi, another beginner interested in this trip. Hopefully a stock DX GU7 is up for it?

As long as your car is in good condition. What tyres you got?

Ibbo
6th January 2016, 06:49 PM
Absolutely. Weirder. Well me anyway
Good. I should fit right in.

BigRAWesty
6th January 2016, 08:19 PM
I'm only running 31" dualers. About 50% tread.. hope that's ok..
Unless I bring gq..

Roosim
6th January 2016, 08:28 PM

Have new Maxxis AT's. Car seems in reasonable nick, regular services etc and have had it checked out by some people that 'seem' to know what they are talking about.

Chubba
7th January 2016, 01:38 AM
I'm sure you'll both be fine.

growler2058
7th January 2016, 06:00 AM
Take a tyre plug kit

BigRAWesty
7th January 2016, 06:17 AM
Take a tyre plug kit

I'll be taking a tube, tyre pliers and levers.. that's my second spare.

TPC
7th January 2016, 06:55 AM
I'll be taking a tube, tyre pliers and levers.. that's my second spare.

As Growler said, take a tyre plug kit too, on desert trips we have done most puncture repairs without taking wheel of car. You want to avoid using tubes.

BigRAWesty
7th January 2016, 07:41 AM
As Growler said, take a tyre plug kit too, on desert trips we have done most puncture repairs without taking wheel of car. You want to avoid using tubes.
Ow absolutely agree. The tube is if you slash a tyre and last resort only

growler2058
7th January 2016, 10:19 AM
Ow absolutely agree. The tube is if you slash a tyre and last resort only

Use 10 plugs. We've repaired bobcat tyres with lotsa plugs. Big slash and a tube is useless unless you patch it on the inside of the tyre first

BigRAWesty
7th January 2016, 05:51 PM
So put the leave application in today. See how we go

Chubba
7th January 2016, 06:35 PM
So put the leave application in today. See how we go

Cool........

BigRAWesty
7th January 2016, 09:05 PM
Cool........
Well wife has given approval and said dont worry about the girls..
So that's the hardest hurdle lol..
Still might bring the young one..
Although it's only 2 maybe 3 days off school so may bring both. .

So thinking about it..
I'll make Adelaide Friday night.
Parents have a house in port Adelaide so can crash there for the night.
Then of to port'a'gutta in the morning with the convoy..

katwoman
8th January 2016, 09:11 AM
Seeing as G can't go, I might look at my dates, and see if we can make it.

BigRAWesty
8th January 2016, 10:06 AM
Seeing as G can't go, I might look at my dates, and see if we can make it.
When was that announced??
But would be wicked to get some Victorians over.. be a big trek for you

Chubba
8th January 2016, 11:16 AM
So just to sumerise
Definite

Chubba
Pat
Mark
Biggqwesty

Maybe

Katwoman
Ibbo
Roosim
Growler 25% chance of going (pussy in my books).
And TPC

And to add. As has been mentioned, tyre repair kits, Spare tyres Very important.

BigRAWesty
8th January 2016, 11:45 AM
Well I'm 100% in. Leave approved..
G man 99% pussy..

TPC
8th January 2016, 11:57 AM
I am a Maybe too.

Ibbo
8th January 2016, 12:04 PM
I am 80% (definite - not pussy - in my opinion).
Only got one spare tyre but will try and get hold of another stock GU rim before May or pack extra plugs or pack it with spinifex bush mechanic style and limp back to civilisation.

Roosim
8th January 2016, 01:15 PM
Sounds good to me, holidays sorted so I'm in. Should be able to sort a couple of spares by May.

NigeP62
8th January 2016, 05:31 PM
I'm probably a 50% chance.
Will be up for new tyres before then.
Will keep an eye on the thread and advise when I know either way.

growler2058
8th January 2016, 05:31 PM
Im OUT!
Probably gunna be out of work for upto 6 weeks, then be taking a month off without pay in Jun/July

TPC
8th January 2016, 05:39 PM
Im OUT!
Probably gunna be out of work for upto 6 weeks, then be taking a month off without pay in Jun/July

Maybe you could jump in someones passanger seat.

growler2058
8th January 2016, 06:39 PM
Maybe you could jump in someones passanger seat.

Its the potentially 10 weeks without $'s thats the show stopper. Oh well next time

katwoman
13th January 2016, 06:02 AM
When was that announced??
But would be wicked to get some Victorians over.. be a big trek for you

Not really. We'd planned on 4 weeks in Tassie next month, but thats been put off for 12 months. So we are now discussing this. Maybe throw in the border track, drop in to Port Lincoln as well. And it's given the old boy the incentive to get the PIG on petrol and chuck on the roof top tent.

BigRAWesty
13th January 2016, 07:27 AM
Not really. We'd planned on 4 weeks in Tassie next month, but thats been put off for 12 months. So we are now discussing this. Maybe throw in the border track, drop in to Port Lincoln as well. And it's given the old boy the incentive to get the PIG on petrol and chuck on the roof top tent.
That sounds like a good trip.
Boarder track will be open and hopefully greening up again by then..

BigRAWesty
23rd January 2016, 08:02 PM
Fark I'm keen..

snicko
26th January 2016, 10:42 PM
I'm in!!

Tappa Tappa yappa yappa

BigRAWesty
26th January 2016, 11:57 PM
I'm in!!

Tappa Tappa yappa yappa
Nice one mate.
Be good to meet some unfamiliar faces..

katwoman
27th January 2016, 07:03 AM
i'm in!! Tappa tappa yappa yappa

woohoo !!!!

my third 256
27th January 2016, 07:47 AM
are you guys still concidering a join up point in adelaide
im sure you will meet a lot of members who are not going
maybe stratco car park on main north road cavenor the new otr servo port wakefield rrboliver they have a crispy creem store there
and we know how some of you like them
stephen
ps even growler might turn up i'll pay for his coffee
he might donate a bottle of chillee for the trip

BigRAWesty
27th January 2016, 09:40 AM
Yep I'm happy with that..
I'm thinking I might swag it at 42 mile Friday night.
The cruze on in sat morning..
What time are you think we depart from Adelaide?

katwoman
27th January 2016, 12:24 PM
Question time.
What sort of weather/temps can we expect ?
What sort of terrain ?
Which maps ( paper) best cover the area ?
Our ( very) loose plan will be: border tk, gawler, Farina, loveday. Over 2-3 weeks.

my third 256
27th January 2016, 07:09 PM
Yep I'm happy with that..
I'm thinking I might swag it at 42 mile Friday night.
The cruze on in sat morning..
What time are you think we depart from Adelaide?
im not going but its upto you mob that want to meetupin adelaide and when you want to depart

BigRAWesty
27th January 2016, 08:12 PM
Or we can do a Friday night thing??
I'm really easy with what happens..

Chubba
27th January 2016, 09:33 PM
Question time.
What sort of weather/temps can we expect ?
What sort of terrain ?
Which maps ( paper) best cover the area ?
Our ( very) loose plan will be: border tk, gawler, Farina, loveday. Over 2-3 weeks.

The region enjoys a mild Mediterranean style climate, a couple of degrees cooler than Adelaide in summer and a degree or two warmer in the winter.

A good map is the Carto Graphics "Eyre Peninsular"

Terrain will be varying between sand, rock and a bit of mud I spose if it rains. We will all be learning as we go.

So we have

Chubba
Mark
Pat
Kallen
Kat
Snicko
Roosim

Maybe
Ibbo
TPC

katwoman
27th January 2016, 09:36 PM
Map attachment is not working for me

Chubba
27th January 2016, 09:40 PM
Ok what about this

BigRAWesty
27th January 2016, 11:06 PM
They mount gambier has a "Mediterranean style climate"..
Yet to see it lol..
It either hot as hell, humid as fark.. or pissing down with rain and doesn't get above 12 degrees lol..

Potsy
27th January 2016, 11:40 PM
Careful camping at 42 biggqwesty, if the Mullies are on you might not make it to Adelaide....
Have just noticed this thread and may be keen to get involved but need to stock up on brownie points as this is around the missus' birthday. Will let you know. If not would still be keen to drop past a meet up point if a few others are and kick tyres, see you all off etc.

BigRAWesty
28th January 2016, 01:03 AM
Careful camping at 42 biggqwesty, if the Mullies are on you might not make it to Adelaide....
Have just noticed this thread and may be keen to get involved but need to stock up on brownie points as this is around the missus' birthday. Will let you know. If not would still be keen to drop past a meet up point if a few others are and kick tyres, see you all off etc.
Haha.. Yea if..
I've taken rods over 5000k and yet to land a fish lol..
I just stick to welding lol

BigRAWesty
28th January 2016, 06:42 AM
ps even growler might turn up i'll pay for his coffee
he might donate a bottle of chillee for the trip

Let's just catch up at growlers. . I'm sure he'll love that..

growler2058
28th January 2016, 07:03 AM
Yep come to 5 Jetty rd

BigRAWesty
28th January 2016, 07:20 AM
Yep come to 5 Jetty rd

Well that's is your second home lol

BigRAWesty
10th February 2016, 09:00 PM
Ok so I'm picking a mate up from kadina on the saturday morning so if we do something Friday night in Adelaide I'll shoot off early and meet yas in pirie..

snicko
15th February 2016, 12:18 PM
Hey guys was wondering how everyone is camping? Camper trailer or Tent?

Just checked out the map and am guessing you are doing the low road first?
If so we could meet you at Wudinna.

If you do the high road first we will meet you at Iron Knob.

BigRAWesty
15th February 2016, 01:40 PM
Me and my mate as swagging it.
I'll have the gu setup by then.
Hopefully sporting new sliders by then too..

Being a tour style trip not base camp I'm leaving the van behind..

threedogs
15th February 2016, 02:42 PM

Think 30 mins is a bit long ,,did you forget where your thongs are lol

Chubba
15th February 2016, 09:34 PM
Hey guys was wondering how everyone is camping? Camper trailer or Tent?

Just checked out the map and am guessing you are doing the low road first?
If so we could meet you at Wudinna.

If you do the high road first we will meet you at Iron Knob.

Yeah mate, we will be tenting and the plan is to go through Wudinna the first day. Picking the time we hit Wudinna might be a little hard. We need to set a time we will leave home. 9:00am would mean Wudinna between 2:30pm and 3:30pm. So maybe we should work on those times?

BigRAWesty
15th February 2016, 09:52 PM
Yeah mate, we will be tenting and the plan is to go through Wudinna the first day. Picking the time we hit Wudinna might be a little hard. We need to set a time we will leave home. 9:00am would mean Wudinna between 2:30pm and 3:30pm. So maybe we should work on those times?
So what time ya looking at being at pirie? About mid day??

mudski
15th February 2016, 10:05 PM
Im kinda thinking about this one. I just did a google image search on the rangers and yeah! Looks great.
But i will be flying solo. Its 1000ks just to Port Augusta. I need to work out if i can afford to do this and time i will need to take for the trip, getting there and coming home.
Might be a last minute thing for me.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Chubba
15th February 2016, 10:35 PM
So what time ya looking at being at pirie? About mid day??

9 would mean probably more like 11:00am. Dose that work for you mate?

BigRAWesty
16th February 2016, 07:17 AM
Im kinda thinking about this one. I just did a google image search on the rangers and yeah! Looks great.
But i will be flying solo. Its 1000ks just to Port Augusta. I need to work out if i can afford to do this and time i will need to take for the trip, getting there and coming home.
Might be a last minute thing for me.

Bloody awesome..
Be good to meet you mate.

9 would mean probably more like 11:00am. Dose that work for you mate?
Well yea I'll be there whenever you guys are...

katwoman
16th February 2016, 07:51 AM
My holidays have been approved for May but due to personal issues, we are back to a maybe.

BigRAWesty
16th February 2016, 09:53 AM
Bring the kids. Even if it is in the 60..

jay see
16th February 2016, 11:29 AM
Well this one passed me somehow.
Is it still going for the 14th may? Plus side is i'm off that weekend, but its also my sons birthday.
Think I will have to sort out the long range tank first and I'm pretty sure the the boy would wanna have some sort if gathering.

Ahh crap and both will be well and truly into their sports.

Looks like I'm not going anywhere far for a while.

mudski
16th February 2016, 11:52 AM
Bloody awesome..
Be good to meet you mate.

Yeah I'd like to go. The missus can't so if I go I might bring my dad. But I need to work out the time needed... The too and from distance is my only concern, it pretty much 1 1/2days either way, as my dad more than likely wont help with the drive, it might be a killer. We'll see.

BigRAWesty
16th February 2016, 01:40 PM
Yeah I'd like to go. The missus can't so if I go I might bring my dad. But I need to work out the time needed... The too and from distance is my only concern, it pretty much 1 1/2days either way, as my dad more than likely wont help with the drive, it might be a killer. We'll see.
Well there is free accommodation in Adelaide if you want Friday night..
4 bedroom house with only one person there..
Ow and me.. lol.. I'll be heading a bit earlier to pick up my mate from kadina and then heading north to catch the boys at pirie at 11, but the rest of em will be convoy'n from Adelaide..

Chubba
16th February 2016, 03:38 PM

Do what you can mate.

So a bit of a summary.

IN
Chubba
Pat (Bro)
Mark (Bro)
Pete (Bro)
Kallen
Snicko
Roosim

MAYBE
TPC
Ibbo
Kat
Mudski
NigelP62

BigRAWesty
16th February 2016, 03:57 PM
IN
Chubba
Pat (Bro)
Mark (Bro)
Pete (Bro)
Kallen + mate
Snicko
Roosim

MAYBE
TPC
Ibbo
Kat
Mudski
NigelP62

Chubba
16th February 2016, 06:11 PM
Kallen. Is your mate in your car or his own? Just wondering. And where's a good place to hook up with you on the way up?

BigRAWesty
16th February 2016, 06:35 PM
Na he's jumping in with me. I show him what a real 4x4 can do..
Bloody Prado drivers lol..

Um I'll have a look. Seem pointless me back tracking to wakefeild so I think I'll just head north from kadina.

BigRAWesty
16th February 2016, 07:56 PM
I guess we can meet at merriton..

Chubba
16th February 2016, 09:45 PM
Did you need to go to Pirie? If so what about the roadhouse on A1 at the turn off to Pirie.

BigRAWesty
16th February 2016, 11:36 PM
Na no need.. I'll fuel up on my way out of Adelaide. Yea wherever. Servo sounds like a good coffee stop to wait for the convoy

Chubba
19th February 2016, 11:20 AM
Ok for my own benefit, to clear it up for me,
So far we have Chubba, Pat ,Roosim, Mark, Pete and biggqwesty meeting somewhere on Pt Wakefield Rd (place yet to be determined) for a 9:00am departure on Sat 14th May to meet up with Snicko and maybe Ibbo at Wudinna for about 2:30/3:30pm.

Ok so that's the basic plot as it stands now and as people confirm and we have more discussion will adjust as we need.

Well, I feel better now. lol.

BigRAWesty
19th February 2016, 11:30 AM
I'll be in Adelaide Friday night so if yas wanna catch up for a beer somewhere with all the Adelaide crew..
But yes. Above sounds correct

Ibbo
19th February 2016, 12:09 PM
I am still a keen maybe. Need to see how it works with kid sport and other fun-killing duties associated with parenthood 😳. My ideal plan is to get away a few days earlier for some surfing and fishing on the west coast and meet at the wudinna rendezvous point. We shall see...

Chubba
19th February 2016, 12:29 PM
I'll be in Adelaide Friday night so if yas wanna catch up for a beer somewhere with all the Adelaide crew..

I'll be busy getting ready mate plus the girls netball, got to do the right thing to keep things sweet at home if I want to keep going on these trips. But what about we catch up sat night for a beer?

Chubba
19th February 2016, 12:29 PM
I am still a keen maybe. Need to see how it works with kid sport and other fun-killing duties associated with parenthood 😳. My ideal plan is to get away a few days earlier for some surfing and fishing on the west coast and meet at the wudinna rendezvous point. We shall see...

Sounds like a plan.

BigRAWesty
19th February 2016, 01:11 PM
I'll be busy getting ready mate plus the girls netball, got to do the right thing to keep things sweet at home if I want to keep going on these trips. But what about we catch up sat night for a beer?
I think that'll work ey.. be something seriously wrong if it didn't happen

Chubba
19th February 2016, 01:55 PM
I think that'll work ey.. be something seriously wrong if it didn't happen

You make me laugh mate. Really looking forward to that beer.

mudski
20th February 2016, 11:01 PM
O.k. After six stubbies and a bottle of wine with my dad, he's keen as mustard. So it looks like I have a passenger. So I reckon I'm im for about a 80% chance on this. One of my main concerns is the clutch. Apart from work. I know its a while away still but I have so much to do between now and then, my head is hurting already. But I just to a google image search on the Gawler ranges and think, o.h yeah.
Now I'm thinking of this. I should drop by Wilpena Pound on the way home to show dad. We are not that far out off the track for this. Hmm. Might even detour via the Wine region too. Lol.

BigRAWesty
21st February 2016, 12:04 AM
O.k. After six stubbies and a bottle of wine with my dad, he's keen as mustard. So it looks like I have a passenger. So I reckon I'm im for about a 80% chance on this. One of my main concerns is the clutch. Apart from work. I know its a while away still but I have so much to do between now and then, my head is hurting already. But I just to a google image search on the Gawler ranges and think, o.h yeah.
Now I'm thinking of this. I should drop by Wilpena Pound on the way home to show dad. We are not that far out off the track for this. Hmm. Might even detour via the Wine region too. Lol.
Awesome mate. Well as I said before if ya want a room on the Friday night in Adelaide just let me know..
This is winding up to be a good trip..

mudski
21st February 2016, 01:09 PM
Thanks Kallen. So Saturday morning people will be convoying from Adelaide? Just trying to work out if we leave friday morning, get into Adelaide friday arvo. Or, leave friday night and just make a run for it.

katwoman
21st February 2016, 02:04 PM
Thanks Kallen. So Saturday morning people will be convoying from Adelaide? Just trying to work out if we leave friday morning, get into Adelaide friday arvo. Or, leave friday night and just make a run for it.

If We get to make this trip, we could always meet you outside melb somewhere ? Safety in numbers and all that.

mudski
21st February 2016, 03:07 PM
If We get to make this trip, we could always meet you outside melb somewhere ? Safety in numbers and all that.

Yeah for sure...

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

TPC
21st February 2016, 04:08 PM

That could help beat the border control, you can split up and they will not know who to chase. ;)

BigRAWesty
21st February 2016, 04:26 PM
That could help beat the border control, you can split up and they will not know who to chase. ;)
Bahahaha.. So true

mudski
21st February 2016, 06:53 PM
Wont be too hard mate. We'll be half an hour in front of them. Lol

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Chubba
21st February 2016, 10:38 PM

Just saying guys. It's a long way from Melbourne to the Gawler Rangers especially if you are driving all of Fri night. I would defiantly take up biggqwesty's offer guys. Break it up into two days. A 14 to 16 hour drive would beat most of us.

BigRAWesty
22nd February 2016, 09:36 PM
Ok so my mates pulled out..
So I'll be in the convoy from Adelaide

Chubba
23rd February 2016, 11:49 AM
Ok so my mates pulled out..
So I'll be in the convoy from Adelaide

Bad news about your mate. But good news we'll be convoying from Adelaide together.
Nothing like a big convoy.

BigRAWesty
23rd February 2016, 09:37 PM
10-4 big dog..
Lol.
Will be good..

mudski
26th February 2016, 06:26 PM
Kinda getting excited about this. I need to sort my clutch out though I reckon. While it feels ok, it sounds like I have Rudolf the reindeer jingling away in my bell housing occasionally.

BigRAWesty
26th February 2016, 08:35 PM
Bloody oath..
Cant wait

Chubba
27th February 2016, 08:52 AM
Kinda getting excited about this. I need to sort my clutch out though I reckon. While it feels ok, it sounds like I have Rudolf the reindeer jingling away in my bell housing occasionally.

Yeah me too. Get your clutch looked at man. It's a farkn long tow home and Rudolf ain't gonna help ya.

BigRAWesty
2nd March 2016, 12:19 AM
So...
74 more sleeps to go..
I think Andy should do a count down clock..
It's turning into quite a Decent short trip..

Chubba
2nd March 2016, 10:39 AM
So...
74 more sleeps to go..
I think Andy should do a count down clock..
It's turning into quite a Decent short trip..

Come on mate, keep it together.
Take a couple of deep breaths.

snicko
2nd March 2016, 12:36 PM
Hey guys all sounds awesome!!

We will be at Wudinna in the Silver Nissan with "NISSAN PATROL.COM.AU" across the windscreen. Its a bit of a giveaway!!

Really looking forward to meeting you guys. Should be a blast!

growler2058
2nd March 2016, 03:19 PM
Hey guys all sounds awesome!!

We will be at Wudinna in the Silver Nissan with "NISSAN PATROL.COM.AU" across the windscreen. Its a bit of a giveaway!!

Really looking forward to meeting you guys. Should be a blast!

Wish i could make this one :(

katwoman
2nd March 2016, 06:59 PM

Pussy.......

growler2058
2nd March 2016, 07:08 PM
Pussy.......

There you go hurting my feeling again

BigRAWesty
2nd March 2016, 08:22 PM
G man as before passenger seat if free if ya get the weekend off..

Chubba
2nd March 2016, 09:28 PM
G man as before passenger seat if free if ya get the weekend off..

That's like two blokes going fishing with one rod. It's just unseemly.
Just get in your car and come with us.

BigRAWesty
3rd March 2016, 12:29 AM
Not sure which way that comment goes........

But do agree..
He should just come..
Fark work... who needs that dead weight..

Ibbo
3rd March 2016, 08:53 AM
Riding shotgun is better than staying home. Plus you get to drink irresponsibly, read the map and talk shit on the cb.

BigRAWesty
3rd March 2016, 09:41 AM
Riding shotgun is better than staying home. Plus you get to drink irresponsibly, read the map and talk shit on the cb.
Bahahaha.
When put like that..
Who's got a spare seat!!

Roosim
3rd March 2016, 09:08 PM

Where abouts in Adelaide will you be, always up for beer!

BigRAWesty
3rd March 2016, 11:05 PM
Where abouts in Adelaide will you be, always up for beer!
Well I'll be in Queenstown but happy to meet up maybe down at Glenelg. .
Growler where do you usually have Friday beers..

snicko
4th March 2016, 03:17 PM

Yeah me too. Would have been good to catch up again...oh well next time.
Have to post lots of pics so you can see what you missed!! hahaha

growler2058
4th March 2016, 03:35 PM
Yeah me too. Would have been good to catch up again...oh well next time.
Have to post lots of pics so you can see what you missed!! hahaha

You're a good egg Snicko

mudski
5th March 2016, 10:44 PM
O.k so after a small pissup with my dad and brother. It seems my brother is also coming... Looking forward to this....

BigRAWesty
5th March 2016, 11:16 PM
One car or 2 bloke?

mudski
5th March 2016, 11:20 PM
Me driving and my dad and brother with me.

BigRAWesty
5th March 2016, 11:49 PM
Sounds good..
Going to be a great trip..

mudski
6th March 2016, 09:39 PM
Your telling me. So looking forward to this now.

BigRAWesty
6th March 2016, 10:04 PM
FYI. .
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/03/107.jpg

mudski
7th March 2016, 09:32 AM
Just to wet the lips....
http://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/issue021/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=How+To+Get+The+Most+Out+Of+Your+12V+Fr idge&utm_campaign=Unsealed+4X4+Issue+021+-+Send+002#61

BigRAWesty
7th March 2016, 02:35 PM
That'll be a read tonight on back shift..

Ok serious question..
With the time of year were going are we talking water crossing?
I've got some funds to do a couple more mods.. but I want them to suit the trip. .

BigRAWesty
7th March 2016, 10:37 PM
Don't worry about the water..
Wife just bought me a snorkle.. lol

TPC
7th March 2016, 10:52 PM
That'll be a read tonight on back shift..

Ok serious question..
With the time of year were going are we talking water crossing?
I've got some funds to do a couple more mods.. but I want them to suit the trip. .

Would be rare to find any serious water crossings there any time of the year.

BigRAWesty
7th March 2016, 11:05 PM
Would be rare to find any serious water crossings there any time of the year.
So I've just read.. seems dry up there..

mudski
7th March 2016, 11:31 PM
Just going through the op and since we are driving a heap to get there we wouldn't mind staying out that way until Tuesday. Just to make the most of it suppose. Or play it by ear. Need to work fuel range too. And everything that goes with it.

BigRAWesty
8th March 2016, 12:31 AM
Just going through the op and since we are driving a heap to get there we wouldn't mind staying out that way until Tuesday. Just to make the most of it suppose. Or play it by ear. Need to work fuel range too. And everything that goes with it.

I'm toying with this idea too after the unique 4x4 read..
Pretty sure I have the Wednesday off.. I definitely have the Tuesday off..
Make the 1000km each way trip a bit more worth it..

mudski
8th March 2016, 10:42 AM
I'm toying with this idea too after the unique 4x4 read..
Pretty sure I have the Wednesday off.. I definitely have the Tuesday off..
Make the 100k each way trip a bit more worth it..

Eh! We have 1400k's. Lol

TPC
8th March 2016, 01:37 PM
I am still keen to do this trip but will see how my son is going then.

BigRAWesty
8th March 2016, 01:45 PM
Eh! We have 1400k's. Lol
Meh. Splitting hairs I think.. [emoji23]

Absolutely mate. Take care of your family. The rangers ain't going anywhere..

growler2058
8th March 2016, 02:26 PM
Meh. Splitting hairs I think.. [emoji23]

You posted 100,000km or 100k?

BigRAWesty
8th March 2016, 03:05 PM
You posted 100,000km or 100k?
Bloody typo..
Was ment to be 1000km

Chubba
8th March 2016, 03:07 PM

What ever call you make, your spots there.

BigRAWesty
8th March 2016, 11:39 PM
Will we need parks passed before heading up or are they still pay at the gate setups

TPC
9th March 2016, 12:31 AM
Was pay at gate when I was last there.

Chubba
9th March 2016, 09:52 AM
Will we need parks passed before heading up or are they still pay at the gate setups

Here you go Lads.

Entry fees

A self-registration station is available in this park. Please bring correct money as change is not available.

$10.00. Per vehicle.
Pluss $11 to camp the night per vehicle.
So $21 per car for the 1 night and 2 days we'll be in the park.

BigRAWesty
9th March 2016, 10:11 AM
Here you go Lads.

Entry fees

A self-registration station is available in this park. Please bring correct money as change is not available.

$10.00. Per vehicle.
Pluss $11 to camp the night per vehicle.
So $21 per car for the 1 night and 2 days we'll be in the park.
I've just shot them an email asking if the car fee is a once off..
It also says byo wood but just asked if that's still current.

BigRAWesty
9th March 2016, 10:12 AM
And at this stage my youngest will be joining us...
She's a camping 4x4'n nut lol..
Should he fun

BigRAWesty
9th March 2016, 10:44 AM
So it seems we only have to pay for the camp site once and then the vehicles.
The campsite fee includes one vehicle.. here is the reply.

" Hi Kallen,

Thanks for your enquiry.
The camping fee includes 1 x vehicle entry to the park if you have more than 1 vehicle you will need to pay the camping fee and then vehicle entry for an extra vehicle i.e:
$11 camping fee – includes one night stay at a campsite and one vehicle entry
+ $10 for any extra vehicle

The car entry is a once off payment for entering the park as long as you stay within the park. If you enter the park then leave and come back in the next day you will need to pay vehicle entry again.

You will need to bring your own firewood, the collection of firewood (dead or alive) is prohibited.

I hope that all makes sense and you have a fabulous trip in May.

Kind Regards,
Deb National Parks South Australia"

BigRAWesty
9th March 2016, 10:45 AM
So say we have 6 cars our total is $61 for the night..

Chubba
9th March 2016, 12:23 PM
Ok. If one site is big enough, anyway only max of $11 per vehicle. excellent.
I would think one of those servo bags of wood per car would be plenty for two nights as well.
Should we go with that?

BigRAWesty
9th March 2016, 12:36 PM
Yea I have a good wood supply so will bring a big bag (about double the servo sized bags).
Seems the sites are large enough.

mudski
9th March 2016, 08:15 PM
Yea I have a good wood supply so will bring a big bag (about double the servo sized bags).
Seems the sites are large enough.
I must remember to go for a drive out bush and get some lengths of wood to stack on the roof rack.

BigRAWesty
9th March 2016, 10:41 PM
Been 70 posts of dribble since the last count..
I moved you Mudski to the "in" list but is that pretty much how she stands with 2 months to go??

IN
Chubba
Pat (Bro)
Mark (Bro)
Pete (Bro)
Kallen + youngest
Snicko
Roosim
Mudski + dad and brother.

MAYBE
TPC
Ibbo
Kat
NigelP62

mudski
10th March 2016, 09:42 AM
Mudski plus dad and brother if you want to add them...

Chubba
14th March 2016, 10:26 PM
Ok gents. My thoughts of a meeting point for the Sat morning that we are leaving is the Caltex just past the Bolivar Rd intersection on Pt Wakefield Rd

Meeting here would mean none having to do any backtracking. Coffee, fuel top up etc before a 9:00am departure.
Feedback...

my third 256
15th March 2016, 05:45 AM
ok im in for the meet up either otr bp 100 m south brand new one same side of road with crispy cream
who else

Roosim
15th March 2016, 02:56 PM
Ok gents. My thoughts of a meeting point for the Sat morning that we are leaving is the Caltex just past the Bolivar Rd intersection on Pt Wakefield Rd

Meeting here would mean none having to do any backtracking. Coffee, fuel top up etc before a 9:00am departure.
Feedback...

Sounds like a plan ! See you there.
Probably have a mate with me, Jeremy, if you want to add to the list. I'm Andrew btw.

Chubba
15th March 2016, 05:10 PM
ok im in for the meet up either otr bp 100 m south brand new one same side of road with crispy cream
who else

I'm not exactly sure where you are suggesting mate. Crispy cream??

growler2058
15th March 2016, 06:28 PM
I'm not exactly sure where you are suggesting mate. Crispy cream??

Yeah theres a new big fancy road house before the caltex and they have a drive through crispy creme

Chubba
15th March 2016, 08:27 PM
Never knew about that one. So there she be at then.
The blue flag now not that crappy gold one.

BigRAWesty
15th March 2016, 10:00 PM
Well I'll be filled up that night so happy to grab some food or donuts....
I think I know where I'll end up with the young one....

BigRAWesty
30th March 2016, 09:06 AM
Shit.. it's just around the corner..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/03/344.jpg

Chubba
3rd April 2016, 09:30 PM
Members meet up disclaimer
This forum is a community of like-minded people who enjoy the great outdoors in their Patrols.

It is not an organisation or an incorporated club. It is a totally voluntary loose collection of people who share interests.

So it must be said that people who come along on members outings do so at their own risk, personal and material. Of course all care will be taken, however accidents can (and sometimes do) happen and that is the risk we all take on 4x4 outings.

It is expected each participant will carry appropriate insurance cover or be fully understanding of the level of insurance cover they have. This forum does not provide insurance to any participant.

Buffoonery or larrikinism won't be tolerated in this group for this very reason (I really don't expect this from our members anyway, but it needs to be said).

Likewise, if somebody is uncomfortable with any situation or decision made on an outing they are entitled to speak up and raise those concerns. Our group won't be pressuring people into situations they don't want to be in. Participants will be responsible for their own actions and entitled to make their own decisions.

So let's all get out there, have fun, make friends and enjoy the bush and each others company; but understand we all do so at our own risks.

BigRAWesty
4th April 2016, 01:49 PM
Fark I got some work to do for the trip.....

katwoman
4th April 2016, 11:40 PM
At this stage we are out... FFS.. Life's not f@#$%ing fair..

BigRAWesty
5th April 2016, 07:02 AM
At this stage we are out... FFS.. Life's not f@#$%ing fair..
Bugger.
But family is first.. hope it sorts itself out soon for yas..
As I said to TPC the ranges ain't going anywhere..

BigRAWesty
10th April 2016, 10:17 PM
Been 70 posts of dribble since the last count..
I moved you Mudski to the "in" list but is that pretty much how she stands with 2 months to go??

IN
Chubba
Pat (Bro)
Mark (Bro)
Pete (Bro)
Kallen + youngest
Snicko
Roosim
Mudski + dad and brother.

MAYBE
TPC
Ibbo
Kat
NigelP62
A month out now.. how's everyone's plans?

I've got an issue raising it's head.. a bearing in the front is squeaky at start up.. but gone by the time I pop the bonnet..
Think I'll just grab the tensioner and swap it out.. rebuild old one and have it as a spare.. same with the belt..

Draws are coming along nicely..
Only issue is water.. I'll have 50L. I might grad a 10L cube aswell as backup. .

mudski
10th April 2016, 10:22 PM

I've got an issue raising it's head.. a bearing in the front is squeaky at start up.. but gone by the time I pop the bonnet..
Think I'll just grab the tensioner and swap it out.. rebuild old one and have it as a spare.. same with the belt..

Only issue is water.. I'll have 50L. I might grad a 10L cube aswell as backup. .
Our plans are slowly turning to shit. But we are still on the go so far. Dont buy one of those cheap tensioners mate. They wont last more than a few months. Buy oem then rebuild the old one or buy one of the cheapies for a spare.

Chubba
10th April 2016, 10:42 PM

Full steam ahead this end. 50L Kallen, that should be plenty mate for yourself and a youngen. Myself will probably only take 25L.

Chubba
10th April 2016, 10:45 PM
Our plans are slowly turning to shit.

That doesn't sound very promising mate. Do your best.......

mudski
10th April 2016, 10:47 PM
That doesn't sound very promising mate. Do your best.......
Yeah a few family issues have risen in the last few weeks. And then our plans for who was to take my girls to and from school fell through and im struggling to find a replacement.

Roosim
11th April 2016, 12:38 AM
I'm still good to go.

9 litres in a carton of beer or so should help!

BigRAWesty
11th April 2016, 10:54 AM
Our plans are slowly turning to shit. But we are still on the go so far. Dont buy one of those cheap tensioners mate. They wont last more than a few months. Buy oem then rebuild the old one or buy one of the cheapies for a spare.

Was it pretty much a wallet flogging who ever you went threw for an ome part or did you find someone a bit cheaper?

Full steam ahead this end. 50L Kallen, that should be plenty mate for yourself and a youngen. Myself will probably only take 25L.
I might be doing a few extra days so what that bit extra..
Forgot to mention the 1L of scotch and a few L of Pepsi. .

NigeP62
11th April 2016, 11:20 AM
I'm definitely out.
Work has been a little slow and I wouldn't be able to do the trip without a new set of tyres which won't be happening this side of winter.
Will have to hang out for the next trip.
Have fun guys.

BigRAWesty
11th April 2016, 01:09 PM
I'm definitely out.
Work has been a little slow and I wouldn't be able to do the trip without a new set of tyres which won't be happening this side of winter.
Will have to hang out for the next trip.
Have fun guys.
Bugger mate but these things happen.
We'll get another trip happening..

mudski
13th April 2016, 03:34 PM
Yep. I've just had confirmation today that I am out, I can't get anyone to do the kid school runs.
Bloody spewing. I spent hours one night doing a google image search on the area. It got me all excited, now I know what I'm going to miss out on. Plus meeting fellow members too of course. Lol.

BigRAWesty
13th April 2016, 08:08 PM
Yep. I've just had confirmation today that I am out, I can't get anyone to do the kid school runs.
Bloody spewing. I spent hours one night doing a google image search on the area. It got me all excited, now I know what I'm going to miss out on. Plus meeting fellow members too of course. Lol.
All good mate.. it'll happen again soon..
Might meet up at Avoca yet

mudski
13th April 2016, 08:11 PM
All good mate.. it'll happen again soon..
Might meet up at Avoca yet
Avoca?

Chubba
13th April 2016, 08:43 PM
Avoca?

Little place just 40-50ks NE of Ararat. Couple of small state forests.

mudski
13th April 2016, 08:52 PM
Little place just 40-50ks NE of Ararat. Couple of small state forests.
Lol. I know where it is...

BigRAWesty
13th April 2016, 09:15 PM
Well if Chubba get that trip happening it's a bit closer to you guys

mudski
13th April 2016, 09:19 PM
Ahh! I didnt know he was.... makes sense.

BigRAWesty
13th April 2016, 09:50 PM
Ahh! I didnt know he was.... makes sense.

Well..... he's asked lol..

Chubba
13th April 2016, 09:54 PM

Whaaaat??? Let's get the Gawler Rangers done first......
Might get Kallen onto putting an Avaco trip together. You got my vote

BigRAWesty
13th April 2016, 10:30 PM
Whaaaat??? Let's get the Gawler Rangers done first......
Might get Kallen onto putting an Avaco trip together. You got my vote
One thing at a time I agree...

Chubba
19th April 2016, 10:59 AM
IN
Chubba
Pat (Bro)
Mark (Bro)
Pete (Bro)
Kallen + youngest
Snicko
Roosim

BigRAWesty
19th April 2016, 02:22 PM
Good list.. a nice number imo

Roosim
19th April 2016, 04:25 PM
Yep - looking forward to getting away for a few days.

Chubba
19th April 2016, 09:28 PM
As it stands to date.

We have Chubba, Pat , Mark, Pete , Roosim and biggqwesty meeting on Pt Wakefield Rd at the BP with the Krispy Kreem for a 9:00am departure on Sat 14th May to meet up with Snicko at Wudinna for about 2:30/3:30pm. Then on to the rock.

Ok so that's the basic plot as it stands now.

Roosim
19th April 2016, 09:32 PM
Just need the Crows to knock off the Cats on the Friday night before!

BigRAWesty
19th April 2016, 09:34 PM
Just need the Crows to knock off the Cats on the Friday night before!
Shit don't mention that..
It'll be a 11 am departure lol..

Ibbo
27th April 2016, 10:41 PM
As it stands to date.

We have Chubba, Pat , Mark, Pete , Roosim and biggqwesty meeting on Pt Wakefield Rd at the BP with the Krispy Kreem for a 9:00am departure on Sat 14th May to meet up with Snicko at Wudinna for about 2:30/3:30pm. Then on to the rock.

I wish to exercise my right to move from the previous 'maybe' list to the 'in' list. Been sitting on the fence for while but it is starting to rub so will hop over with the in crowd. I will be down for the meet up at Wudinna with Snicko. Sticking with the original plan I mentioned a while ago about heading over to Streaky Bay on the Wednesday prior and spending a couple of days on the coast before meeting up with you blokes on Saturday and heading north. My old man is keen to come for a drive to so will be Ibbo and Ibbo Snr (Nigel) in my bus. I assume that we will get a bit of a comms plan in place bit closer to the date to pick a UHF channel to use and swap some mobile phone numbers to ensure the rendezvous at Wudinna goes to plan along with the rest of the journey.
Looking forward to it!

BigRAWesty
27th April 2016, 11:29 PM
Awesome mate..
Seems plenty on new guys coming along..
Shall be a good trip. .

Chubba
28th April 2016, 07:16 AM
As it stands to date.

We have Chubba, Pat , Mark, Pete , Roosim and biggqwesty meeting on Pt Wakefield Rd at the BP with the Krispy Kreem for a 9:00am departure on Sat 14th May to meet up with Snicko and Ibbo+Dad at Wudinna for about 2:30/3:30pm. Then on to the rock. UHF 24 and will PM my number to relevant people.

It's all locking in now.....

katwoman
28th April 2016, 10:32 AM
Please don't post any pics or information after the trip. Thx. I'm pissed enough.

mudski
28th April 2016, 12:07 PM
Please don't post any pics or information after the trip. Thx. I'm pissed enough.

Yeah I am unsubscribing from this thread. I was all excited to go, and then got shot down in flames...

BigRAWesty
28th April 2016, 12:21 PM

Yeah I am unsubscribing from this thread. I was all excited to go, and then got shot down in flames...
Always next time guys that's for sure

BigRAWesty
1st May 2016, 11:23 AM
Shit. Where has the time gone..??

BigRAWesty
1st May 2016, 11:23 AM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/3.jpg

Chubba
1st May 2016, 02:26 PM
Coming up fast.

BigRAWesty
1st May 2016, 07:25 PM
Coming up fast.
Ay what's the go with loos?
Will the sites have long drops or will a shovel be on call??

growler2058
1st May 2016, 07:42 PM
Ay what's the go with loos?
Will the sites have long drops or will a shovel be on call??

Just lay cable on the campfire, easy

BigRAWesty
1st May 2016, 07:47 PM
Just lay cable on the campfire, easy
???
Wtf are you smoking