PDA

View Full Version : Regretful Mods to your Vehicles.

Minx
7th July 2010, 09:42 PM
Plasnart's hotted up red spray painted brake drums has inspired me to start a thread on the worst things you have done to your car when you were young in your hotted up Datsuns, Commodores, Corollas, celicas or anything.

Infact if your game enough, something youve done just recently maybe?

I'll start of course.

My first car was an old vb commodore.

It was $1200 and going strong.

Went to my local Autobarn store when I was 18 and bought those fake chrome mags for $30.

I even went to the effort of spray painting the rims with cheapo $2 acrylic Aussie Trade spray cans to hide them.

I thought i was so cool!!!

Until one day I overheard some older kids pointing at my car saying how fake and crap those mags look...haha

That night they were frisbeed into the bin and never spoke of again "until now".

patch697
7th July 2010, 09:56 PM
Lol....Bloody daygo speed equipment strikes again....lol

This thread should prove to be interesting...

Cheers
Paul

DX grunt
7th July 2010, 09:58 PM
I was checking the oil level on a really really cold morning and was shivvering that much that I accidentally arked the dipstick on the battery and the oil on the dipstick caught fire. I was so luck my truck wasn't permanently modded. LOL - not

AB
7th July 2010, 10:17 PM
My old faithful xf ute in my teens had some money wasted on a stereo system.

Sony Xplode 6x9 speakers on the doors, massive sub woofer mounted right beside your ear on the rear of the cab (horribly cut out using a dodgy grinder) with amp and Sony stereo.

Went to show my mates at a local gathering and my ute ended up being the music machine for the night.

Next day when i went back to get it both the rear indicator/brake light assembly had come loose and smashed on the ground, drivers door handle fell off and rear view mirror vibrated the glue loose and dropped onto a half open beverage sitting on the dash which had spilled everywhere.

It could not have been worse of an idea putting a stereo like that into an old ratty xf ute.

DX grunt
7th July 2010, 10:19 PM
Priceless!

It was a Kodak moment.

Muzza
7th July 2010, 10:35 PM
What about the B&S boys with their 17 miillion stickers plastered all over their utes, 14 aerials, 19 spotties, LED "tram looking" side lights, holes drilled into their mufflers and novelty roo smashers all topped off with a "Ive been to Dargo Hotel" sticker.

DX grunt
7th July 2010, 10:45 PM
What about the B&S boys with their 17 miillion stickers plastered all over their utes, 14 aerials, 19 spotties, LED "tram looking" side lights, holes drilled into their mufflers and novelty roo smashers all topped off with a "Ive been to Dargo Hotel" sticker.

and their 'Bundy' flag LOL

patch697
7th July 2010, 10:45 PM

lol.... you forgot to mention the KENWORTH mod flaps....lol

Gold

Cheers
Paul

patch697
7th July 2010, 10:48 PM
My old faithful xf ute in my teens had some money wasted on a stereo system.

Sony Xplode 6x9 speakers on the doors, massive sub woofer mounted right beside your ear on the rear of the cab (horribly cut out using a dodgy grinder) with amp and Sony stereo.

Went to show my mates at a local gathering and my ute ended up being the music machine for the night.

Next day when i went back to get it both the rear indicator/brake light assembly had come loose and smashed on the ground, drivers door handle fell off and rear view mirror vibrated the glue loose and dropped onto a half open beverage sitting on the dash which had spilled everywhere.

It could not have been worse of an idea putting a stereo like that into an old ratty xf ute.

lol.... I would have liked to have seen that......

Cheers
Paul

Muzza
7th July 2010, 10:49 PM
lol.... you forgot to mention the KENWORTH mod flaps....lol

Damn I sat back and thought for a good 5 on what crap they put all over them...lol

that would be a good thread "what crap do the B&S boys put on their cars?"

Then we could get someone to design the ultimate wanker rig...haha

patch697
7th July 2010, 10:55 PM
Damn I sat back and thought for a good 5 on what crap they put all over them...lol

that would be a good thread "what crap do the B&S boys put on their cars?"

Then we could get someone to design the ultimate wanker rig...haha

Don't worry mate you got it in one with the "Ive been to Dargo Hotel" sticker....lol

I don't think your an official B&S without one...... lol

Cheers
Paul

GQ-Nut
7th July 2010, 10:59 PM
Oh mate, they've gotta be the most rediculous vehicles getting around. And as for the Dargo Pub stickers, my old man and I call it the gay bar (including anyone who has that sticker proudly displayed on their vehicle). It's on the bloody bitumen! Hardly a difficult task to get there. Perhaps I should put a Geelong Hotel sticker on mine?

Perhaps they need the "Ive been to the Blue Oyster Bar" stickers off Police Academy...lol

Woof
8th July 2010, 01:11 PM
I had a FB Holden so I decided to put extractors and a 2" exhaust system on it with a purple 24" hotdog muffler, ended up wrapping the tail pipe around the diff so cut it of with a hacksaw and just had the purple hotdog on the end of the extractors.
Bloody thing keeped falling off, I'd be driving along the highway doing about 100 mph and I'd hear and feel it come off, I'd look in the revision mirror as see thing red hot hotdog boucing along the road behind me.
I would stop and back up until I found it, pick it up (bloody hot) crawl under the car and bash it back on with a hammer and away I would go until it came off again, this went on for months until I got it welded on.
Needless to say the local police had a great time putting yellow stickers on the car, had 2 one time, for some unknown reason they used to pick on me.
Also got some "fats" (wide tyres for those that don't know what they are) but they rubbed on the rear guards so off with the tyres and used the car jack to jack the guards out, all good then.
Ah good memories.

patch697
8th July 2010, 01:48 PM
I had a FB Holden so I decided to put extractors and a 2" exhaust system on it with a purple 24" hotdog muffler, ended up wrapping the tail pipe around the diff so cut it of with a hacksaw and just had the purple hotdog on the end of the extractors.
Bloody thing keeped falling off, I'd be driving along the highway doing about 100 mph and I'd hear and feel it come off, I'd look in the revision mirror as see thing red hot hotdog boucing along the road behind me.
I would stop and back up until I found it, pick it up (bloody hot) crawl under the car and bash it back on with a hammer and away I would go until it came off again, this went on for months until I got it welded on.
Needless to say the local police had a great time putting yellow stickers on the car, had 2 one time, for some unknown reason they used to pick on me.
Also got some "fats" (wide tyres for those that don't know what they are) but they rubbed on the rear guards so off with the tyres and used the car jack to jack the guards out, all good then.
Ah good memories.

Lol.....that sounds like me as a youngster... thanks for reminding me...... Yeah the things we did as kids

Thay were the golden years....

Cheers
Paul

patch697
8th July 2010, 05:36 PM
Ok confession time. When I was a young fella Dad had this police siren & one day I decided to knock it off without him knowing of course & hooked it up to my LH Holden. So that night me & my mates hit the back roads & were flying up behind ppl flashing the headlights & sounding it off & of course thay would pull over & we would scream past like idiots right up until the last car? a VB Commodore from memory which just happened to be an unmarked cop car. So needless to say I was pulled over & the copper went to town on me. (& rightly so) I was telling how I come to be in precession of the siren & that if my old man ever found out he would kill me so could the copper please lock me up now. Well the cop could hardly keep it together, He made me pull it out on the spot gave me a smack in the head (which thay did from time to time back then) & told me to go home & put it back where I found it & of course if he found me doing stupid shite again he will lock me up.

Yes I did what I was told & no Dad never did find out until years later.

All I can say about it now is man was I stupid....But lucky.......lol

So does this qualify as a Regretful Mod?

Cheers
Paul

Simmo
8th July 2010, 07:08 PM
Yes I did what I was told & no Dad never did find out until years later.

So how do he eventually find out?...haha

Simmo
8th July 2010, 07:13 PM
What about this guy's hot spoiler?

Now that is one classy spoiler.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/4.jpg

DX grunt
8th July 2010, 08:02 PM

As the song goes" Major Tom to Ground Control" LOL

gec
8th July 2010, 10:15 PM

And dont ya love the welded on coffee can exhaust tip

patch697
8th July 2010, 10:21 PM
So how do he eventually find out?...haha

I told him about 15 or so years later when we were in his shed one day & he happened to find it again.

He just about wet himself when I told him & his reply was,,,, your dead right I would have killed you ya bastard....lol

Cheers
Paul

Danny
8th July 2010, 10:24 PM

I think welding might be a bit technical for this guy mate.

Possibly tek screws but more leaning towards a hammer and maybe glue :)

patch697
8th July 2010, 10:26 PM

Now thats Bloody daygo speed equipment at its best maybe he needs a "Ive been to Dargo Hotel" sticker to go with that.......lol

Cheers
Paul

Minx
8th July 2010, 10:35 PM
I love people like this who spend cajillions of $$$ on crappy little Hyundai excels or cheap rice burners and after all that money spent they look worse then when you started.

Classic example below.

http://img1.ifilmpro.com/blog/1/8/6/4/1864908/1219877459257.jpg?width=440

patch697
8th July 2010, 10:45 PM
I love people like this who spend cajillions of $$$ on crappy little Hyundai excels or cheap rice burners and after all that money spent they look worse then when you started.

Classic example below.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

WTF is that supposed to be?????????????....lol

Another candidate for a "Ive been to Dargo Hotel" sticker Im thinking.......lol

Cheers
Paul

gec
8th July 2010, 10:47 PM
and what is funnier is when they try to sell them they expect people to pay more than a new one for their flogged piece of shite

patch697
8th July 2010, 10:51 PM

lol........ & hears me thinking it was so you could use oranges insted of bananas ....lol

Cheers
Paul

DX grunt
8th July 2010, 10:57 PM
............The mother of all regretful mods.................

...................................The rear recovery point...................................

Rumour has it.....a Zook used a 3 ton patrol's rear recovery point, to recover a patrol, coz it was stuck by the front wheels in a 'bit of mud 'n water', on a 'slight' hill. ;)

Seriously....At the end of the day, a tow is a tow and I wouldn't say "no thanks, I'm OK". Whateva it takes man, what eva it takes. I KNOW, the Patrol owner will return the favour TO SOMEBODY..... one day ;) !!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

P.s I take no responsibility for cleaning the coffee spray off your keyboards !! lol

patch697
8th July 2010, 11:06 PM
............The mother of all regretful mods.................

...................................The rear recovery point...................................

Rumour has it.....a Zook used a 3 ton patrol's rear recovery point, to recover a patrol, coz it was stuck by the front wheels in a 'bit of mud 'n water', on a 'slight' hill. ;)

Seriously....At the end of the day, a tow is a tow and I wouldn't say "no thanks, I'm OK". Whateva it takes man, what eva it takes. I KNOW, the Patrol owner will return the favour TO SOMEBODY..... one day ;) !!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

P.s I take no responsibility for cleaning the coffee spray off your keyboards !! lol

Just for that piece of trash talk.... YOU!!!!! Mr birthday boy can stand in the corner & say 50 ALL HAIL PATROLS

Mr Potty Mouth........LOL.........

Cheers
Paul

p.s My keyboards on it way to your house EXPRESS & I expectit cleaned & returned within the hour.....lol

DX grunt
8th July 2010, 11:32 PM
sorry, sorry.

patch697
8th July 2010, 11:39 PM
sorry, sorry.

Lol......your forgiven as its officially still your birthday....lol

Cheers
Paul

my91gq
9th July 2010, 02:23 AM
i bought a au falcon to use as a daily thats my biggest regret

patch697
9th July 2010, 09:22 AM
i bought a au falcon to use as a daily thats my biggest regret

Lol...... There are worse things you could do in life.....If its not on LPG have it fitted (if you plan to keep it for a while that is) & if you can afford it go "gas injection". The AU is one of the few cars of today that handles it unlike the Commodores & thay run on the smell of a oily rag specially with Gas injection thay get about the same ltrs per 100k as petrol which means lots more money in your sky rocket.

Cheers
Paul

MudRunnerTD
9th July 2010, 11:07 AM
The first time i lashed out and bought Simex's i went the Jungle Trekker IIs in the 33's. sold them after 8 day trips and went the 35 Extreme Trekkers and never looked back. Well actually i did.. At the guy in the mirror who was running my 33's ;-)

my91gq
10th July 2010, 12:20 PM
Lol...... There are worse things you could do in life.....If its not on LPG have it fitted (if you plan to keep it for a while that is) & if you can afford it go "gas injection". The AU is one of the few cars of today that handles it unlike the Commodores & thay run on the smell of a oily rag specially with Gas injection thay get about the same ltrs per 100k as petrol which means lots more money in your sky rocket.

Cheers
Paul

i payed a grand for it off the drug dealers in my street the gear box is ****** and half the stuff dont work i hate it lucky i get my new swb troll next week :D

patch697
10th July 2010, 12:37 PM
i payed a grand for it off the drug dealers in my street the gear box is ****** and half the stuff dont work i hate it lucky i get my new swb troll next week :D

Well I guess you do what you have to in times of need & im sure it beets walking but by the sounds of things it will be short lived.

Don't forget to post some pics of your new shorty when you get it. We love 4x4 pics here

Cheers
Paul

Mark
10th July 2010, 06:44 PM
Not really a mod but rather something i really regret...haha

When i was about 20 years old I rebuilt the 351 short block clevland in my old ute.

Finally finished but was missing a bolt.

I couldnt be bothered stripping the engine apart to see if i dropped inside so finished the job and took it for a spin...Really regret this bit!

the bolt mustve dropped inside the engine when i was putting it all back together and this one bolt completely ruined my 351.

Ended up giving it to someone to fix and it cost me a fortune...

I regret being lazy back then, do a job then do it right....lol

DX grunt
10th July 2010, 07:55 PM
OUCH (with a capital OWWW!!) That must have hurt a lot.

If I'm stripping anything now I put nuts/bolts in ziplock bags with tags on them saying where they're from, then tape them to the relevant component. Might be overkill but I'm a clutz so I need to be careful!! Similarly, I tape up the ignition when I've dropped the oil out of the donk, and don't remove it until the fresh oil is in.

Thanks for the great idea. Keeps the parts clean too.

patch697
10th July 2010, 11:14 PM
OUCH (with a capital OWWW!!) That must have hurt a lot.

If I'm stripping anything now I put nuts/bolts in ziplock bags with tags on them saying where they're from, then tape them to the relevant component. Might be overkill but I'm a clutz so I need to be careful!! Similarly, I tape up the ignition when I've dropped the oil out of the donk, and don't remove it until the fresh oil is in.

I do this when doing car resto work & take notes. It saves me relying on my memory, which as it tunes out is not a good idea some times....

Cheers
Paul

DX grunt
16th July 2010, 10:01 PM
I was checking the oil level on a really really cold morning and was shivvering that much that I accidentally arked the dipstick on the battery and the oil on the dipstick caught fire. I was so luck my truck wasn't permanently modded. LOL - not

C'mon members. I stuck my neck out and told the truth. It was a 'shocking' experience. Anybody done any regretful mods to their trucks?

DX grunt
25th July 2010, 12:19 PM
I nearly made a bad mod to the Patrol yesterday. I organised a trip up to Mt Matlock for a bit of a play in the snow but there was virtually no snow about!! How disappointing, but we drove some good tracks anyway and still had a really good day.

But the mod nearly occurred when I was stuck half way up a hill on a rock step. I was giving her a bit of right foot but was just sitting there going nowhere so I backed off and the tyres bit. Nearly launched me sideways into a tree about a metre to my left. I reckon it was about 6" gap between the Maggot and the tree. Lucky!

Lucky boy, indeed. There's a mod worse than that though...Putting a Bombers sticker on your window. LOLOL

patch697
25th July 2010, 01:10 PM
I nearly made a bad mod to the Patrol yesterday. I organised a trip up to Mt Matlock for a bit of a play in the snow but there was virtually no snow about!! How disappointing, but we drove some good tracks anyway and still had a really good day.

But the mod nearly occurred when I was stuck half way up a hill on a rock step. I was giving her a bit of right foot but was just sitting there going nowhere so I backed off and the tyres bit. Nearly launched me sideways into a tree about a metre to my left. I reckon it was about 6" gap between the Maggot and the tree. Lucky!

Hmmm Very lucky mate. thats the last thing you would need to do considering how close your trip away is.....

& don't mind Rossco???? ware your Bombers sticker with pride..... I do

Cheers
Paul

DX grunt
8th September 2010, 11:58 PM
Did it again the other day. Arked the flexible dipstick onto the battery. What a fireworks show! lolol

patch697
9th September 2010, 12:02 AM
Did it again the other day. Arked the flexible dipstick onto the battery. What a fireworks show! lolol

Your gonna fry yourself one day doing that Rossco.....lololol

You'd think you'd learned the first few times...lololol

Maxhead
9th September 2010, 07:10 AM

Should add a bit of petrol to the ark, you'll be amazed how it helps the fireworks effect....hahhahahah

NOT

DX grunt
9th September 2010, 09:07 AM
Should add a bit of petrol to the ark, you'll be amazed how it helps the fireworks effect....hahhahahah
NOT

First time I 'accidentally' did it, the dipstick (not me) did catch fire from the residual oil on it. lololol - now.

Maxhead
9th September 2010, 09:02 PM
Rossco checking his oil

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnFpTnCMcMbcNH7IniH0vyWGjDv7AYU d5q-IzSklR838CaguQ&t=1&usg=__roRV9zfjTo90SDFw3Bc0lbhVpKo=

AB
9th September 2010, 09:04 PM
Nice one...and then afterwards looks like this.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/09/7.jpg

patch697
9th September 2010, 09:26 PM
Hay you 2 this is not image wars?????

Nice pics BTW......lololololol