PDA

View Full Version : Speaker off UHF

Bigrig
31st March 2011, 09:28 AM
I must admit, I haven't looked at my unit to see if there is just a plug or whatever, however, is it difficult to run a speaker off the UHF to get some better volume when traveling? The remote microphone is great, but with windows down at speed (and the radio playing! lol), I find I'm having to mute the stereo and put up the window every time someone talks to me.

If straight forward, what sort of speaker? Then to find a spot to mount it!!

Thanks in advance.

AB
31st March 2011, 09:34 AM
My Uniden one has an input jack for an external speaker so I would think most of them should just be as easy as plug and play...

I was thinking the same thing for mine....Not sure of speaker or spot to put it yet though.

Bigrig
31st March 2011, 11:42 AM
My Uniden one was a input jack for an external speaker so I would think most of them should just be as easy as plug and play...

I was thinking the same thing for mine....Not sure of speaker or spot to put it yet though.

Thanks mate - just bought one from Dick Smith ...

Bigrig
31st March 2011, 02:54 PM
Bought and installed - piece of the proverbial to do ... thanks

AB
31st March 2011, 03:01 PM
I like it mate!!!

I'll have to get one myself now...lol

Bigrig
31st March 2011, 03:06 PM
I like it mate!!!

I'll have to get one myself now...lol

Very loud unit (adjusted with volume on head unit) and very clear - $39 from Dick Smith - got the missus one also.

AB
31st March 2011, 03:18 PM
Very loud unit (adjusted with volume on head unit) and very clear - $39 from Dick Smith - got the missus one also.

I get a headache trying to listen to the standard radio with volume turned up and the Mongrel tyres screaming...lol...I'm sold brother!!!

Bob
31st March 2011, 03:22 PM
I get a headache trying to listen to the standard radio with volume turned up and the Mongrel tyres screaming...lol...I'm sold brother!!!

Turn the bloody Radio off RAFLMAO

Maxhead
31st March 2011, 04:02 PM
You could also run it through one of these...lol. That should get it loud enough
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/03/31.jpg

the evil twin
31st March 2011, 04:16 PM

Strewth... the last thing my missus needs is an external speaker.

The one she was born with drowns out anything quieter than a Shuttle Launch when she is p1ssed at me... and after 33 years I still haven't found the volume control on her Head Unit.

Did make one discovery a few years back tho... if her Auto Mute Function activates so her lips are moving but no sound is coming out... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

AB
31st March 2011, 05:06 PM
Strewth... the last thing my missus needs is an external speaker.

The one she was born with drowns out anything quieter than a Shuttle Launch when she is p1ssed at me... and after 33 years I still haven't found the volume control on her Head Unit.

Did make one discovery a few years back tho... if her Auto Mute Function activates so her lips are moving but no sound is coming out... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Tell us more about this mute function ET...lol...Does it come with a remote control???

Clunk
1st April 2011, 01:03 AM
Tell us more about this mute function ET...lol...Does it come with a remote control???

Forget the Mute function , how about an off switch roflmao

timbar
1st April 2011, 01:09 AM
Ive found a mute Function its called a HAMMER but its still in the testing stage Im not Game enough to hit the missus with it yet ....lol but she keeps going I WILL ..........

big_fletch
1st April 2011, 07:44 PM
Ive found a mute Function its called a HAMMER but its still in the testing stage Im not Game enough to hit the missus with it yet ....lol but she keeps going I WILL ..........

Haha keep us updated mate LOL

Finly Owner
1st April 2011, 10:54 PM
the old mobile phone ones work as well. loud clear and small.