PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Cup Weekend (31 Oct - 3 Nov 2015) - Vic High Country Trip

Bacho86
19th August 2015, 11:19 PM
Hey Guys,

Just planning ahead, thought I would start up a thread to gauge interest in a trip to the High Country for Cup Weekend and discussion on what areas / tracks to tackle....Or even if anyone else already has a trip in mind that I've missed?

My thoughts so far include driving up on Friday night to camp at good launching place into the bush like Licola or Sheepyard Flat etc with an aim to be back to Melbourne early Tuesday afternoon.

Thoughts?

MudRunnerTD
20th August 2015, 01:56 AM
I like it.

Hodge
20th August 2015, 07:36 AM
You have my attention. Me and a few workmates planned to go dargo end and see the blue rag etc... But they have since cancelled on me. So watch this space !

Bacho86
20th August 2015, 07:46 AM
You have my attention. Me and a few workmates planned to go dargo end and see the blue rag etc... But they have since cancelled on me. So watch this space !

How the mods going on the 4.2, be ready for cup weekend??

I havnt done Blue rag before, so would be keen to head over that way if there's interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winnie
20th August 2015, 07:57 AM
Bummer, would love to do something, but I've gotta work on the Monday

Hodge
20th August 2015, 08:00 AM
How the mods going on the 4.2, be ready for cup weekend??

I havnt done Blue rag before, so would be keen to head over that way if there's interest

Blue rag is awesome! It's been my #1 to see forever.
Mods are going good. It's in parts and pieces now, so will be ready to play soon. Definitely ready before November.

Sir Roofy
20th August 2015, 08:01 AM
I would be interested in doing BlueRag again

jay see
20th August 2015, 08:20 AM
Maybe, just maybe for now.

Bacho86
20th August 2015, 09:45 AM
Bummer, would love to do something, but I've gotta work on the Monday

No worries mate it's not really hi-mount country anyway... :)

taslucas
20th August 2015, 11:12 AM
George is booked out too for that weekend Haha

Winnie
20th August 2015, 11:18 AM
No worries mate it's not really hi-mount country anyway... :)

I'm sure I could get some sort of use out of it! hahaha

mudski
20th August 2015, 03:28 PM
How busy does it get up Blue rag way over cup weekend?

Sir Roofy
20th August 2015, 03:33 PM
How busy does it get up Blue rag way over cup weekend?

Normaly busy Dargo will be jumping out of its skin lol

all tracks will be busy Talbotville will be packed Dargo Upper will be busy
but hey who,s counting

Bacho86
20th August 2015, 07:18 PM
I was hoping the if we can get far enough "away into the bush" we'd avoid the majority of ppl, but I guess it will be difficult on the first opening weekend.

Any other thoughts or hitlist on tracks / sites to see?

Bloodyaussie
20th August 2015, 07:24 PM
I would love to see if my mums grave is not disturbed but i cannot deal with the amount of traffic and people that time of year..

AB
20th August 2015, 07:52 PM
I'm interested too mate, although it's busy ;)

Rossco
20th August 2015, 08:22 PM
Yeah keen too at this stage. Would have to try and escape the masses, don't cope well with big crowds. . .

mudski
20th August 2015, 08:26 PM
Its gonna be busy where ever you go on cup weekend.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

BSRT.Beast
20th August 2015, 08:29 PM
I reckon if you can get away early Friday morning then your usually set for a few days anyway

Sir Roofy
20th August 2015, 08:36 PM
I reckon if you can get away early Friday morning then your usually set for a few days anyway

Every man and his dog is in the same mind set if you do score a camp its probably safer to sit and watch them roar by in there flash shiny rigs

mudski
20th August 2015, 08:39 PM
If you head Mansfield way that weekend i know Thursday is the latest you want to go to secure a decent campsite. We ( my family) were thinking on going to Sheepyards, Fry's or a site along the Howqua somewhere.
Actually id be keen for here anyways. Theres a track im keen to see the other end of where BA's brother inlaw dragged his Paj down. Then i had to drag him back up.

MudRunnerTD
20th August 2015, 09:04 PM
Same camp site as the last Dargo trip I think. Far enough out to miss the crowd and big enough for our group easy.

Bacho86
20th August 2015, 11:18 PM
Same camp site as the last Dargo trip I think. Far enough out to miss the crowd and big enough for our group easy.

I wasn't around for last years trip - on NP trips do you normally have a base camp and do day trips from there or move drive and camp at a different place every time to cover more ground?

MudRunnerTD
20th August 2015, 11:49 PM
We base camped that trip. I'd be keen to take the camper trailer and set up a base then day trip out.

Winnie
21st August 2015, 07:15 AM
I wasn't around for last years trip - on NP trips do you normally have a base camp and do day trips from there or move drive and camp at a different place every time to cover more ground?

We do usually have a base camp, actually I can't think of a time when we travelled each day? We should change that!

Rossco
21st August 2015, 07:38 AM
We do usually have a base camp, actually I can't think of a time when we travelled each day? We should change that!
Yes yes agreed. Much prefer traveling trips. Guess it's harder to coordinate with a bigger group but we do need to do some. . . [emoji4]

Winnie
21st August 2015, 07:50 AM
Yes yes agreed. Much prefer traveling trips. Guess it's harder to coordinate with a bigger group but we do need to do some. . . [emoji4]
Geoff and I did once, first night at O'Tooles, then we went into Licola, down billy goats and camped at Talbotville, then next day we went and did blue rag and finally camped at the Dargo pub. That was a good trip

Bacho86
21st August 2015, 08:03 AM

Yeh my preference is normally travelling trips as well - you can cover more ground and are less restricted with where you go. But agree it makes it harder with larger groups finding suitable camp sites etc

Perhaps numbers and level of interest will dictate this trip

lucus30
21st August 2015, 11:47 AM
Mate I'm a huge maybe. Would love to come though

So far I've got on that weekend

4x4 adventure campout
Wife I'm pretty sure wants to go to Eildon

But maybe just maybe I can meet up with you guys somewhere along the line.

Bloodyaussie
21st August 2015, 12:04 PM
Im still thinking about this.. maybe 2 nights so i can go up blue rag..

Brain is ticking?

Hodge
21st August 2015, 12:24 PM
I have just tentative locked dates in with work and got approved which is rare for me... So I hope this gets off the ground.

MudRunnerTD
21st August 2015, 02:00 PM
I like a base camp so I can bring the camper for the family. A traveller I fine but I would do that in the Oz tent I reckon. Bugger towing the camper through the high country. The camper is designed to handle it but it's just stress on gear.

Winnie
21st August 2015, 02:04 PM
I like a base camp so I can bring the camper for the family. A traveller I fine but I would do that in the Oz tent I reckon. Bugger towing the camper through the high country. The camper is designed to handle it but it's just stress on gear.
Not to mention a bit of a pain to tow around and then have to set up and pack up every day... Oz tent for the win there!

mudski
21st August 2015, 04:07 PM
Mate I'm a huge maybe. Would love to come though

So far I've got on that weekend

4x4 adventure campout
Wife I'm pretty sure wants to go to Eildon

But maybe just maybe I can meet up with you guys somewhere along the line.

What, no weddings?

Bacho86
21st August 2015, 04:19 PM
I have just tentative locked dates in with work and got approved which is rare for me... So I hope this gets off the ground.

Sounds good mate. I'm definitely going bush, so either way we will get something off the ground!

I'll look at putting together a list of definite and maybe attendees over the weekend to give a better ideas of likely numbers as well

lucus30
21st August 2015, 05:07 PM
What, no weddings?
Nope. Still have a few this year but not as many as before. Was a killer 12 weddings in a year or something.
The amount of beer I was required to drink was ridiculous

Hodge
21st August 2015, 05:22 PM
Sounds good mate. I'm definitely going bush, so either way we will get something off the ground!

I'll look at putting together a list of definite and maybe attendees over the weekend to give a better ideas of likely numbers as well

Awesome ! Quiet excited here.
For what it's worth. I only mentioned Blue rag earlier because, it's the first thing I thought off. Frankly, I'm not fussed where in the high country the trip is, either way it'll be awesome. So yea I'm open to go anywhere.

mudski
21st August 2015, 08:57 PM
Yeah a base camp sounds good i reckon. Then people who want to go out wheeling can, and people who want to stay back and keep the fire going, can.

Hodge
21st August 2015, 09:03 PM
Yeah a base camp sounds good i reckon. Then people who want to go out wheeling can, and people who want to stay back and keep the fire going, can.

Speaking of this, somebody should always stay behind. Last time we base camped at Howqua and went to do the Jamieson slate mine loop, we came back to find several blokes "casually" walking past our campsite on the river. Mind you, their supposed walking trail lead nowhere...
Especially if that weekend will be a busy one.

mudski
22nd August 2015, 01:10 AM
Speaking of this, somebody should always stay behind. Last time we base camped at Howqua and went to do the Jamieson slate mine loop, we came back to find several blokes "casually" walking past our campsite on the river. Mind you, their supposed walking trail lead nowhere...
Especially if that weekend will be a busy one.

I'll be more than happy to stay back and drink everyones booze while they're out! :1062:

Bacho86
22nd August 2015, 09:30 PM
Ok so list so far is at:

Interested
Bacho86 + 1
MR
Hodge
Roofy
AB
Rossco
Mudski

Maybe
Jay see
BA

HUGE maybe
Lucus

Anyone else that I'm missing? Possible a group size of 6 - 8 vehicles which is a good size.

Is the general consensus for a travelling trip or a base camp for those that are likely to attend?

Bacho86
26th August 2015, 06:03 PM
Bump de bump....

Hodge
26th August 2015, 06:07 PM
Anyone else that I'm missing? Possible a group size of 6 - 8 vehicles which is a good size.

Is the general consensus for a travelling trip or a base camp for those that are likely to attend?

I've never been that way so cannot comment on what a nice group side is.
As for the travel or base camp personally I"m fine either way.
I Know this is months away but I'm pumped ! Looking forward to this. Let's make it happen folks!

Bacho86
26th August 2015, 09:12 PM
I've never been that way so cannot comment on what a nice group side is.
As for the travel or base camp personally I"m fine either way.
I Know this is months away but I'm pumped ! Looking forward to this. Let's make it happen folks!

Yeh, maybe I'm too keen to lock things in and it's a bit early for most ppl by the look of it! Lol

I'm happy with travelling or base camp as well, maybe we could base camp for 2 nights and travelling the other night/s as option to cover more ground.

I've done Butcher country / New Caledonia area entering via Licola twice this year. Very nice country , with great views and challenging tracks. But am keen to explore other areas to the north perhaps?

Chubba
30th August 2015, 06:17 AM
You Victorians. You are so lucky to have some of Australia's best 4WDriving right on your doorstep, in the beautiful high country. Makes me soooo jealous.

Hodge
30th August 2015, 08:28 AM
You Victorians. You are so lucky to have some of Australia's best 4WDriving right on your doorstep, in the beautiful high country. Makes me soooo jealous.

:)

So what you're saying is you're coming on this possible trip ?

Chubba
30th August 2015, 09:42 AM
No Hodge, That's my point. High country is too far from Adelaide for a weekend trip even a long one. Other wise I would be up there every second week.

Hodge
13th September 2015, 07:57 PM
Bump!
After just coming back from there, I'm keen as mustard for a cup weekend high country forum meetup!

lucus30
14th September 2015, 09:11 AM
Have you worked out where you're staying?

threedogs
14th September 2015, 11:44 AM
I'll be more than happy to stay back and drink everyones booze while they're out! :1062:

I might be up to just sitting and drinking, but have an OP coming up
Depends on timing, Ive been informed by my kids to allow 3 months minimum to heal
normally I allow a week [wrong] Would love to have a beer with you Mark
and the rest of those going.

rusty_nail
14th September 2015, 01:05 PM
put me down as a big maybe please, i have just seen this thread and just checked the calendar. im definitely interested what it will boil down to is funds available at the time. ill do some calculations and speak to the missus also.

threedogs
14th September 2015, 01:07 PM
put me down as a big maybe please, i have just seen this thread and just checked the calendar. im definitely interested what it will boil down to is funds available at the time. ill do some calculations and speak to the missus also.

You're doing some K's lately Rusty what's on the Odo.

rusty_nail
14th September 2015, 01:10 PM
You're doing some K's lately Rusty what's on the Odo.

not too many on the patrol actually, i havent even done 10000 since the rebuild, BUT i have done around 20,000 Ks in the last 2 months haha just abit of driving under my belt!

Hodge
14th September 2015, 01:53 PM
Don't think so. As I mentioned earlier I'm keen to go anywhere personally.

Sent from my SM-T705Y using Tapatalk

Bacho86
15th September 2015, 01:59 PM

Don't think so. As I mentioned earlier I'm keen to go anywhere personally.

Sent from my SM-T705Y using Tapatalk

Nah as Hodge said, no specific details have been locked done. My original post was more of an EOI to start with to get the dates locked in. I think MR / Mudski mentioned early a placed they had stayed at previously would be nice to re-visit but I don't know the location.

I've updated the list details :

Interested
Bacho86 + 1
MR
Hodge
Roofy
AB
Rossco
Mudski

Maybe
Jay see
BA
threedogs
rusty_nail

HUGE maybe
Lucus

rusty_nail
15th September 2015, 02:40 PM
you put me on the wrong list:

I've updated the list details :

Interested
Bacho86 + 1
MR
Hodge
Roofy
AB
Rossco
Mudski
rusty_nail

Maybe
Jay see
BA
threedogs

HUGE maybe
Lucus

Bacho86
16th September 2015, 12:41 PM
you put me on the wrong list:

Sorry mate I thought you said you were a maybe, thanks for updating the list.

rusty_nail
16th September 2015, 12:42 PM
Sorry mate I thought you said you were a maybe, thanks for updating the list.

hmmm i guess i did =P its my fault for not being clear enough! see you on the tracks!

Winnie
16th September 2015, 12:42 PM
Hey mate, put me down as a maybe. Would only be able to stay Saturday night though as I have to work on Monday =[

rusty_nail
16th September 2015, 02:04 PM

what are you his wife or something??? haha

Alitis007
16th September 2015, 02:06 PM

Yup nice quiet weekend for me [emoji56]

Alitis007
16th September 2015, 02:06 PM

He's gonna keep me warm at night

taslucas
16th September 2015, 02:16 PM
Don't worry nic, nothing has changed between you and me

tappin from tassie

Alitis007
16th September 2015, 02:35 PM
Don't worry nic, nothing has changed between you and me

tappin from tassie

You two timing hoe!!

Bacho86
16th September 2015, 09:37 PM
Alright updated list as follows:

Interested
Bacho86 + 1
MR
Hodge
Roofy
AB
Rossco
Mudski
rusty_nail

Maybe
Jay see
BA
threedogs
Winnie

HUGE maybe
Lucus

lucus30
16th September 2015, 10:45 PM
F it come hell or high water I'm coming to this. Might be a 5 minute pop in but I'm coming. Lock it in eddy

rusty_nail
28th September 2015, 11:41 AM
BUMP, any more plans in set stone yet Bacho?

Bacho86
28th September 2015, 01:17 PM
Hey sory mate been a little distracted lately with work and currently a trip away for this weekend, but Still Definitely keen for this trip.

I mentioned in another thread about doing The deddick trail which is (I think) further over east towards orbost way, over the 4 days.

Not sure how much interest there would be though cause it's a bit further travel involved... Thoughts?

lucus30
28th September 2015, 01:57 PM
Hey sory mate been a little distracted lately with work and currently a trip away for this weekend, but Still Definitely keen for this trip.

I mentioned in another thread about doing The deddick trail which is (I think) further over east towards orbost way, over the 4 days.

Not sure how much interest there would be though cause it's a bit further travel involved... Thoughts?

I'll be out in that case however it's your trip so do what you want to. You'll never please everyone.

I'm trying to figure out my plans. I've got something in Eildon and Dargo already so I'm trying to work out how hard that will be able to do. Has anybody travelled between Dargo and Eildon?

rusty_nail
28th September 2015, 02:11 PM

its fine for me mate, i have to travel just as far although i am not able to stay for the whole time anyway, its not a public holiday weekend in NSW so ill be calling in sick on the monday regardless

Bacho86
28th September 2015, 07:57 PM
Cool no worries, I'll see if this gets any more traction and Ill start up a new thread next week with more specific details for those that are interested in the trip

rusty_nail
30th September 2015, 08:21 PM
Less than a month, let's get something in stone!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bloodyaussie
30th September 2015, 08:32 PM
Cool no worries, I'll see if this gets any more traction and Ill start up a new thread next week with more specific details for those that are interested in the trip

Mate you need to set the details with nothing left too debate... time place and so on and those that can make it will.. you need to start a new thread.

Build it and they will come.

rusty_nail
30th September 2015, 08:38 PM
Mate you need to set the details with nothing left too debate... time place and so on and those that can make it will.. you need to start a new thread.

yep thats it, you cant please everyone just go with what you were suggesting originally as most people have said they were keen to that. you wont get every there /please everyone but some plans is better than no plans and i really need plans to go with im coming from nearly 1000ks away!

Sir Roofy
30th September 2015, 09:09 PM
yep thats it, you cant please everyone just go with what you were suggesting originally as most people have said they were keen to that. you wont get every there /please everyone but some plans is better than no plans and i really need plans to go with im coming from nearly 1000ks away!

Looks like I'm heading back your way Nic up to Harrington on this w/end so I'm out

rusty_nail
30th September 2015, 09:20 PM
Looks like I'm heading back your way Nic up to Harrington on this w/end so I'm out
It's that the place you were talking about!! Ahh Ok bugger mate

Hodge
30th September 2015, 09:26 PM
As others have mentioned, you cannot rub everybodys feet mate. Decide on what you want to do, build a thread and see whos gonna come up and dance.
I'm out if you're going far east to do deddicks, but frankly I'm not sure what I'm doing now as wallet may have thrown a spanner in the works so, maybe no tyres etc for me by then.

taslucas
30th September 2015, 09:36 PM
I would like to possibly get my feet rubbed

tappin from tassie

rusty_nail
30th September 2015, 10:01 PM
Just an opinion. Make it an easy trip. Leave the hardest trips for the bigger planning. I don't want to come down and do hard stuff anyway as I have to make it back to Sydney.

So yeah what are your thoughts

Bacho86
30th September 2015, 10:30 PM

Yep well I guess the original idea of this thread was more an EOI for a cup weekend trip that I wanted to throw out there. No plans or anything at that stage -- and perhaps thats why it faltered.

Deddick Trail was only something that came up in discussions, but doing some research agree it may be a little bit too long / extreme for most.

Back to the drawing board then. Perhaps a Licola / Dargo / Blue Rag trek would be better. I'm going away this long weekend, so I'll have a look over some maps and post something up next week with some more details

rusty_nail
6th October 2015, 09:13 AM
Yep well I guess the original idea of this thread was more an EOI for a cup weekend trip that I wanted to throw out there. No plans or anything at that stage -- and perhaps thats why it faltered.

Deddick Trail was only something that came up in discussions, but doing some research agree it may be a little bit too long / extreme for most.

Back to the drawing board then. Perhaps a Licola / Dargo / Blue Rag trek would be better. I'm going away this long weekend, so I'll have a look over some maps and post something up next week with some more details

Still no words on this one mate?

Bloodyaussie
6th October 2015, 01:29 PM

do you want me to set something up nic?

rusty_nail
6th October 2015, 01:40 PM

YES PLEASE MATE! im keen as mustard to come down but need to get something set in stone to work towards!

Bacho86
6th October 2015, 01:40 PM

Hey guys things have been hetic at home recently with the kids being sick and the boy currently in hospital since last night, so haven't been able to dedicate any time to this unfortunately and not sure when I'll be able to atm, sorry mate

BA If you're able to set something up that'd great.

Winnie
6th October 2015, 02:30 PM
Hope your son gets better soon.

rusty_nail
6th October 2015, 02:49 PM
Hey guys things have been hetic at home recently with the kids being sick and the boy currently in hospital since last night, so haven't been able to dedicate any time to this unfortunately and not sure when I'll be able to atm, sorry mate

X2 Mate, family comes first bud.

Bloodyaussie
6th October 2015, 02:53 PM
So give me the jist.... where were we thinking of going?

Down dargo way...?

rusty_nail
6th October 2015, 02:57 PM
So give me the jist.... where were we thinking of going?

Down dargo way...?

the vic high country... =P

his first post says licola

Bloodyaussie
6th October 2015, 03:02 PM
the vic high country... =P

his first post says licola

Ok ill speak to Winnie or maybe Drew. .

Hodge
6th October 2015, 07:07 PM

As Rusty already said, family comes first mate ! Hope your little boy gets well.

mudski
6th October 2015, 07:30 PM
hope all is well with the little one mate...
As for me, this will be last minute i think. The cars not running right, not sure how long its going to take to get fixed. Plus i have a bad clunking noise in the rhs front end when turning the wheel left. Its getting worse and i cant pin point the culprit. This needs to be fixed before any ore trips.

Sir Roofy
6th October 2015, 08:43 PM
YES PLEASE MATE! im keen as mustard to come down but need to get something set in stone to work towards!

Get Winnie to do his w/end trip you would love that mate pitty I cant do it got go back to Harrington that W/end

taslucas
6th October 2015, 08:49 PM
Yep, vote 1 Winnie for leader

tappin from tassie

Winnie
6th October 2015, 08:50 PM
Sorry guys but I have to work on the Monday

rusty_nail
6th October 2015, 08:58 PM
Sorry guys but I have to work on the Monday
Why can't you lead till then? Lol

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Bacho86
7th October 2015, 11:59 AM
Hope your son gets better soon.

X2 Mate, family comes first bud.

As Rusty already said, family comes first mate ! Hope your little boy gets well.

Thanks for the kind words fellas, he got out from hospital yesterday . Docs couldn't exactly confirm what was wrong or causing the abdominal pains; either a viral infection, early stages of appendicitis or maybe intestinal colic or something!! Lol it's like a choose your adventure, but at least his pain is down and fever is under control.

BA - the other area that was mentioned by Hodge as a potential interest point was going up to Blue Rag track (assuming it opens up for cup weekend). Thanks mate.

Hodge
7th October 2015, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the kind words fellas, he got out from hospital yesterday . Docs couldn't exactly confirm what was wrong or causing the abdominal pains; either a viral infection, early stages of appendicitis or maybe intestinal colic or something!! Lol it's like a choose your adventure, but at least his pain is down and fever is under control.

Glad to hear everything is on the up buddy. Nothing worse than kids being unwell, especially your own, watching them and wishing somehow You'd bear the pain for them ...

AB
8th October 2015, 06:46 PM
I have this weekend booked in with the minister of fun but this thread has died?

Is this still happening gents?

If not I'll head out on a solo family trip ;)

Bloodyaussie
8th October 2015, 06:56 PM
I got in trouble by the forum nazi for using Facebook to arrange a camp spot so i am sulking.....

AB
8th October 2015, 06:59 PM
I got in trouble by the forum nazi for using Facebook to arrange a camp spot so i am sulking..... That doesn't sound like you muffins ;)

Winnie
8th October 2015, 07:23 PM
I think I will come out until Sunday arvo. Do you guys wanna leave Saturday or Friday?

taslucas
8th October 2015, 07:47 PM
I'm leaving Thursday

tappin from tassie

AB
8th October 2015, 07:49 PM
I think I will come out until Sunday arvo. Do you guys wanna leave Saturday or Friday? I'd be keen to take Friday off.

Are you coming Tasweigian?

Winnie
8th October 2015, 07:52 PM
I will work Friday but head out and meet at your campsite Friday night for a full day's drive on Saturday.

AB
8th October 2015, 07:57 PM
I will work Friday but head out and meet at your campsite Friday night for a full day's drive on Saturday. no worries. I have been working like a dog the last few months and need to get out...lol

Winnie
8th October 2015, 08:07 PM
So have you guys decided on the Dargo area? Base camp trip?

AB
8th October 2015, 08:15 PM
So have you guys decided on the Dargo area? Base camp trip? I can only follow the crowd old mate as a member of the forum.

Who is running this ship?

Bloodyaussie
8th October 2015, 08:18 PM
I can only follow the crowd old mate as a member of the forum.

Who is running this ship?

Then forum nazi is.......lol

mudski
8th October 2015, 08:28 PM
Just confirming that we ( me and family) are keen for a camp. I have resolved tge steering issue, still waiting on the meet with jpc to fix the pump issue. Im hoping this wont take too long but not holding my breath.

Winnie
8th October 2015, 09:02 PM
Okay so I was just talking to Nic on the phone and he is planning on leaving Sydney on Friday after work and driving through the night to meet somewhere. Which means that we would be meeting Saturday early morning.

AB
8th October 2015, 09:04 PM
Ok sounds like a lot of people are keen.

Someone will put up a place soon.

Anyone taking the Friday off?

rusty_nail
8th October 2015, 09:05 PM
Okay so I was just talking to Nic on the phone and he is planning on leaving Sydney on Friday after work and driving through the night to meet somewhere. Which means that we would be meeting Saturday early morning.

yep. note i finish work at 3pm, and will leave straignt from there, im happy to meet you guys in camp. dont forget this trip isnt about me so please dont make special concessions for me, im happy to work with what suits you all!

taslucas
8th October 2015, 09:06 PM
I'd be keen to take Friday off.

Are you coming Tasweigian?
Unfortunately no.... But I will be hosting the thommo carpet wetter and having some shenanigans.

tappin from tassie

Winnie
8th October 2015, 09:09 PM
yep. note i finish work at 3pm, and will leave straignt from there, im happy to meet you guys in camp. dont forget this trip isnt about me so please dont make special concessions for me, im happy to work with what suits you all!
If you head down the Monaro highway what time do you reckon roughly you could get to Bairnsdale? I could meet you around there and head into Dargo with you on Friday night.

Bloodyaussie
8th October 2015, 09:12 PM
If you head down the Monaro highway what time do you reckon roughly you could get to Bairnsdale? I could meet you around there and head into Dargo with you on Friday night.

Going to dargo are you. ..

rusty_nail
8th October 2015, 09:13 PM

google maps says about 8 hours from my work, that would put me in about 11 pm as i would leave early but have to stop to pick up chrisso and will need some petrol stops. is this (https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Woolooware+NSW/Bairnsdale+VIC/@-35.8737948,147.8410054,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b12c7fd2d6664 c5:0x5017d681632d0f0!2m2!1d151.1449706!2d-34.0458621!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b2f7ed232c6e60d:0x50579a43 0a0dc60!2m2!1d147.6317185!2d-37.8245772?hl=en) really the quickest way?

Winnie
8th October 2015, 09:17 PM
Going to dargo are you. ..
Well that's what the brains trust came up with... Do you have a problem with that?

google maps says about 8 hours from my work, that would put me in about 11 pm as i would leave early but have to stop to pick up chrisso and will need some petrol stops. is this (https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Woolooware+NSW/Bairnsdale+VIC/@-35.8737948,147.8410054,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b12c7fd2d6664 c5:0x5017d681632d0f0!2m2!1d151.1449706!2d-34.0458621!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b2f7ed232c6e60d:0x50579a43 0a0dc60!2m2!1d147.6317185!2d-37.8245772?hl=en) really the quickest way?
Oh no I didn't realise he was coming too! I might just stay home then... Haha!
So let's say Bairnsdale just after midnight? Which would mean Dargo at about 2am roughly. I'm cool with that =)

Bloodyaussie
8th October 2015, 09:23 PM
Well that's what the brains trust came up with... Do you have a problem with that?

So let's say Bairnsdale just after midnight? Which would mean Dargo at about 2am roughly. I'm cool with that =)

Well i went through all the posts and i did not see where it was confirmed. ?

Who is the brains trust

Winnie
8th October 2015, 09:39 PM
Well i went through all the posts and i did not see where it was confirmed. ?

Who is the brains trust
Well come on then if you have bigger plans??

rusty_nail
8th October 2015, 10:02 PM

I know I should leave him behind but hey I like living dangerously look

rusty_nail
8th October 2015, 10:02 PM
And yeah I cool with those times

Bloodyaussie
8th October 2015, 10:12 PM
Well come on then if you have bigger plans??

No but you gave me a hard time trying to arrange a place on fb and not discussing on the forum but you have private chats and have made your own decisions.

Who is the brains trust.

Winnie
8th October 2015, 10:18 PM
No but you gave me a hard time trying to arrange a place on fb and not discussing on the forum but you have private chats and have made your own decisions.

Who is the brains trust.
A hard time? Come on mate, really?
Let's just go driving

rusty_nail
8th October 2015, 10:23 PM

Who is the brains trust.

No private chats here mate, I called him once on an unrelated note like he said let's just go driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mudski
8th October 2015, 10:25 PM
Is this weekend gonna have a base camp? Or is it moving places each night?

jay see
8th October 2015, 10:37 PM
Any other wives and kids going? Trying to get the whole family in on this one.

Winnie
9th October 2015, 07:09 AM
Is this weekend gonna have a base camp? Or is it moving places each night?
I think base camp will be easier if it's a bigger group?

Any other wives and kids going? Trying to get the whole family in on this one.
Amy is coming

AB
9th October 2015, 09:12 AM
Any other wives and kids going? Trying to get the whole family in on this one. I'm pretty sure family is coming....

Bloodyaussie
9th October 2015, 09:41 AM
So which camp ground.... the one we stayed at last time??

Winnie
9th October 2015, 10:11 AM
It's a good option if we can get some people there during the day or in the afternoon on Friday.

Bloodyaussie
9th October 2015, 10:53 AM
It's a good option if we can get some people there during the day or in the afternoon on Friday.

What is the camp ground called

Winnie
9th October 2015, 10:53 AM
Collins Flat, on the Upper Dargo Road.

rusty_nail
9th October 2015, 11:24 AM

great stuff looking forward to it mate!

matfew
19th October 2015, 09:42 AM
Shame I'll be missing this one. We are in Phillip Island for the weekend but I don't think the Patrol will be back on the road by then anyways.

Have a blast guys will catch up soon with the newly updated patrol ;)

Bob
19th October 2015, 09:53 AM

See attached

http://www.exploreaustralia.net.au/Victoria/East-Gippsland/Dargo/Collins-Flat-camping-area

AB
25th October 2015, 03:47 PM
Packing time!!!

Rossco
25th October 2015, 07:15 PM
Shame I'll be missing this one. We are in Phillip Island for the weekend but I don't think the Patrol will be back on the road by then anyways.

Have a blast guys will catch up soon with the newly updated patrol ;)
No good matty but catch up soon no doubt. . . What's happening to the GQ??

matfew
2nd November 2015, 09:26 PM
few speacial bits n pieces mate ;).

Some long needed maintenance and maybe a few add ons. At present the interior is out but it might be going back in sooner than i planned....