PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol Magazine - Issue 2 + BONUS CALENDAR

AB
18th August 2015, 04:46 PM
That's right folks, we finally have Issue 2 of the famous NissanPatrol.com.au magazine hot off the press below!

I cannot believe It's been two months since Issue 1, how time flies!

I would like to thank Nic (Rusty_Nail) for his help in bringing this back to life, well done bud!

Also, as an extra treat we have a limited edition 2016 NissanPatrol.com.au calendar download below with some fantastic pics.

We hope you all enjoy it :bananarock:

DOWNLOAD ISSUE 2 NISSANPATROL.COM.AU MAGAZINE HERE

(http://nissanpatrol.com.au/Issue-2.pdf)DOWNLOAD 2016 NISSANPATROL.COM.AU CALENDAR (http://nissanpatrol.com.au/2016-Calendar.pdf)
(http://nissanpatrol.com.au/Issue-2.pdf)

rusty_nail
18th August 2015, 04:49 PM
woooo what is this!!! awesome thanks for sharing AB... oh wait me too lol

Clunk
18th August 2015, 05:00 PM
both look the goods chaps, a big thanks from me and well done.

ps.s, great photos you've used for the biggest dribblers

rusty_nail
18th August 2015, 05:01 PM
both look the goods chaps, a big thanks from me and well done.

you got alotta special consideration when making this makes haha

Clunk
18th August 2015, 05:02 PM
you got alotta special consideration when making this makes haha

but where were the boobies????????

rusty_nail
18th August 2015, 05:03 PM
i thought you would be asking where the roof top bags were? lmao

Clunk
18th August 2015, 05:09 PM
i thought you would be asking where the roof top bags were? lmao

I've already asked that question in another thread today......... I'll ask again tomorrow ;)

Winnie
18th August 2015, 05:13 PM
Crap, that's what you wanted the story for Nic! Sorry mate I had totally forgotten...
Issue 3!!

rusty_nail
18th August 2015, 05:29 PM
Crap, that's what you wanted the story for Nic! Sorry mate I had totally forgotten...
Issue 3!!

yep thats it cock

92GQ
18th August 2015, 06:06 PM
Magazine and calendar look awesome!!

NissanGQ4.2
18th August 2015, 06:21 PM
What a awesome looking members map is all I can say.

Oh and thanks Andy and Nic and the rest of the forum members and sponsors

katwoman
18th August 2015, 06:52 PM
crap, that's what you wanted the story for nic! Sorry mate i had totally forgotten... Issue 3!!

x 2..........

MudRunnerTD
18th August 2015, 06:58 PM
Came together great Nic, great work mate.

Some of those pics I have seen before????

How Good is that Calender look folks!! Seriously!!!! The photo comp has produced an amazing Calender.

rusty_nail
18th August 2015, 06:59 PM
x 2..........
Yes you're very slack also!! Don't worry at least ONE person got back to me! Lol

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

katwoman
18th August 2015, 07:33 PM
Yes you're very slack also!! Don't worry at least ONE person got back to me! Lol Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

You said you'd wait for me.... Sob

Bigcol
18th August 2015, 08:12 PM
awesome job guys on the Mag,

love the calendar as well

mudski
18th August 2015, 08:29 PM
Top work guys. All read. So whens issue 3 coming out? 😊

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Rossco
18th August 2015, 08:30 PM
Bloody awesome, good job guys. Calendar looks great, would look very nice in the shed. . . Might have to get it printed.

TPC
18th August 2015, 08:31 PM
Great stuff guys, looking forward to next months issue in 3 years time.

rusty_nail
18th August 2015, 09:01 PM
Special mention and thanks have to go to MudrunnerTD for all his advice and proof reading!!!

Woof
18th August 2015, 09:12 PM
Well done and a big thanks to all involved.

nissannewby
18th August 2015, 09:20 PM
Can you send me a box of fruit loops as payment for my article lol.

Good job. Calender came up good.

rusty_nail
18th August 2015, 09:27 PM
It's a good pic of you hey!!!

rusty_nail
19th August 2015, 01:47 PM
take a look here john, as per our conversation

Punderhead
20th August 2015, 09:21 PM
Love it!! Can't wait for next years issue!

And if we finally get a magazine, does this mean we get rooftop bags aswell?

Seriously though, just a few of the highlights of the forum, showing what a great place this really is! Thanks for the start ab!

Cheers!

ImRobboToo
28th September 2015, 12:23 PM
Awesome read this is. Great Simpson Desert trip. Thanks for sharing . . .

lucus30
28th September 2015, 04:22 PM
How did I miss this???

rusty_nail
28th September 2015, 05:25 PM
How did I miss this???

your too slow? =P

lucus30
28th September 2015, 05:57 PM
your too slow? =P
Probably... Oh well

growler2058
28th September 2015, 08:02 PM
Holy SH!T that's cool!!!!

SonOf
28th September 2015, 09:02 PM
Thamks guys, bloody brilliant

DX grunt
28th September 2015, 09:15 PM
Love it!! Can't wait for next years issue!

And if we finally get a magazine, does this mean we get rooftop bags aswell?

Cheers!

Mate, if there is a next year's edition, you will see DX grunt.....in the flesh, displaying the full monty.

My configuration will/should (lol) be complete.

Rossco

Patrol'n
29th September 2015, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the hard work to all involved, looks like it was a great trip!

BigRAWesty
29th September 2015, 07:07 AM
How did I miss this???
Your not the only one.
Cant wait to have a look

Punderhead
29th September 2015, 09:51 PM
How did I miss this???

Probably saw Nissan patrol magazine, and went "meh, another manual spammer" and kept scrolling

That's what i did the first time lol

Cheers

ev4
22nd November 2015, 11:08 PM
Sick magazine thanks mate

Ev

1996 GQ TD42 DX Wagon

malik52
25th November 2015, 01:22 AM
Thank you so much, It is a really nice sharing. This stuff is speechless

DX grunt
15th May 2016, 10:39 AM
Bump.

It's nearly time.

I've got plenty of pics to 'show and tell'. lol.

Dan02
12th July 2016, 09:04 PM
hey is there a 2016 mag in the drain pipe ???

rusty_nail
12th July 2016, 09:07 PM
Possibly lol

Bump.

It's nearly time.

I've got plenty of pics to 'show and tell'. lol.

Sent from my bar of soap with a piece of string

BigRAWesty
12th July 2016, 09:54 PM
2016 is half gone..
Plan for 2017

TPC
12th July 2016, 11:21 PM
Roofy's donk party sealed section!

I hope its not a scratch and sniff too.

Touses
13th July 2016, 08:07 AM
Roofy's donk party sealed section!

With top 40 breadmaker hit chart!

DX grunt
14th July 2016, 09:18 AM
Considering it's less than 6 months until next year, if there was one, I'm guessing it will be a 2017 calendar - possibly 2018. lol

jack
14th July 2016, 10:17 AM
Considering it's less than 6 months until next year, if there was one, I'm guessing it will be a 2017 calendar - possibly 2018. lol
I won't be holding my breath waiting, then again there's more action with this than the redback rooftop bags.

magsit
28th June 2019, 09:19 PM
I take it that the idea of continuing the mag has lost interest?

Maxhead
28th June 2019, 09:22 PM
I take it that the idea of continuing the mag has lost interest?

Mate the new edition is just about out . AB is working on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magsit
28th June 2019, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=Maxhead;786596]Mate the new edition is just about out . AB is working on it

Cheers Maxhead

mudski
28th June 2019, 09:36 PM
Mate the new edition is just about out . AB is working on it

Each issue comes with a free Redback rooftop bag too!

mudski
28th June 2019, 09:44 PM
I hear he's finalising a 100-page mega issue real soon! :D

I heard it will have a "sealed section" and a centrefold spread!

Plasnart
28th June 2019, 09:49 PM
I heard it will have a "sealed section" and a centrefold spread!

As long as the only bags on show are the redbacks!

mudski
28th June 2019, 10:03 PM
As long as the only bags on show are the redbacks!

Hahaha! I just had some real disturbing visions run through my mind then.

TPC
28th June 2019, 10:09 PM
It has a good article about how to cook a camp oven like it should be done...with coals on top.

Plasnart
28th June 2019, 10:30 PM
It has a good article about how to cook a camp oven like it should be done...with coals on top.

I hear Bob is editor now.

"Bottom Cooked Beauties" the new editor's column I hear. :D

TPC
28th June 2019, 10:33 PM
I hear Bob is editor now.

"Bottom Cooked Beauties" the new editor's column I hear. :D

Bob has no idea how to cook a camp oven, he even overcooks the meat.

Plasnart
28th June 2019, 10:37 PM
Bob has no idea how to cook a camp oven, he even overcooks the meat.

Only on the bottom though to be fair.

Bob

Bob
29th June 2019, 09:02 AM
When you Guys get to my Age you can Cook how you bloody like

TPC
29th June 2019, 10:10 AM
When you Guys get to my Age you can Cook how you bloody like

If I keep drinking like I did last night I doubt I will reach your age.

rusty_nail
29th June 2019, 07:33 PM
Issue 3!!

what story was i asking you for? maybe we can start looking into issue three lol.

rusty_nail
29th June 2019, 07:39 PM
i just looked where i stored all the files from the last mag. i had a folder for a second mag (from me) there was a story in there, and thats it. see below, some of you might find it an interesting read. not saying who its from, you should all be able to work that out. if anyone else has a feelgood story about this forum they wanna share, send it to me, ill find some way to incorporate it into the next mag.

It was February 2012 and I had just become the proud owner of a 1993 Nissan GQ Patrol 4.2efi and was instantly in love.
The car was a petrol/gas set up and came with a 2 inch lift and winch bar and winch plus an old Engel fridge (which I still have) and a few other extra’s to get me started.
At the start it was a few mates and myself going out almost every second weekend and soon signs that it was not going to all be smooth sailing started, first the fuel pump went on a 3 day trip too Rubicon but lucky I could switch to gas.
A month later on a day trip too Tallarook my clutch went and it seemed to be the theme for the next couple of years with me almost replacing everything in this car.
In the mean time I had joined Nissanpatrol.com (not for the manual) and from there I had made many good friends and gone on many epic trips across the high country and too local forests.
Some of the most memorable trips include Licola 2013 where we stood around a tiny fire with rain falling horizontal down our necks as we wondered why we were all there and in the end was an awesome trip.
Woods Point 2013 during the bush fires where we did Barkly river jeep track and watched Kris put a stock Maverick with all terrains up this track and make it with no help.... legendary.
That night Winnie Kris and myself full of bravado and a little alcohol hack sawed the bottom section of the Mighty Mavs bulbar as it was a cow catcher... we laughed so hard while doing this while fast running out of breath.
On all of these trips I was the one guy who had a heap of jerry cans full of full as the dual fuel was a real problem in the high country and the brain was ticking and thinking of the conversion many think of doing.
After the Australia day trip of 2014 on the travel home I had word my mother was dying and I needed to be back in Melbourne, the temps were in the 40’s and I was towing a camper which I pushed a little too hard and cooked the engine.
While I was dealing with all that comes with the passing of a parent I had given my car to HT;s service center and my good mate George rebuilt my petrol engine, this should have been the time to go too diesel but my head was not on straight.
I also got rid of the gas as I found it to be a pain and wanted greater range with 2 petrol tanks.
George and his brother Bill also bought me a cam as a present and the car was stomping, I loved it but there was one very big expensive problem.... the mileage I was getting.
2014 was turning out to be one of the worst years of my life for many reasons not just to do with my car but my mum and my other car being stolen and serious back pain, it was this that was the most costly with my doctor telling me to change career or end up on pain killers for the rest of my life.
A decision was made midway of 2014 to down scale and take my son out of day care and also do the conversion using money from the sale of much of my equipment .
I should have taken more advice from some people around me and not rushed as I was caught up in the excitement and purchased an engine and gearbox from a low life scum bag (my own fault).
There were tell tale signs things were not going well with me killing a turbo as the oil feed was blocked, instead of strip down the engine like I was advised I looked towards the answer that suited me which was wrong.
Upon leading out a large trip too Tallarook with about 6 cars in tow and another 8 waiting something was not right travelling up the Hume , George was with me in the car as we pulled into a service centre to find the car come to a sudden halt .
My wife was in Italy with my daughter and this was supposed to be the start of an epic adventure with my son and I doing many trips while my wife was away, instead we sat on the side of the freeway with 3 tonne of a boat anchor.
George got the car back home for me on a tow truck and I sent the others on to enjoy there day.
What had happened was the oil pump was stuffed and had sent bits of metal all over the place as a timing gear shattered and done a bit of damage.
The following day I was in Toorak working feeling miserable and starting to also feel sick, this turned out to be severe tonsillitis and had me bed ridden for 5 days and a little boy to also look after.
Could I get any lower?
I had found out a couple of days later that Megomonster (Mick) was chipping in money and had asked if other forum members if they wanted to help, I felt even lower at this point and asked AB to give people their money back to them, he refused and told me to wait until I felt better before making any decisions.
Within 4 days the boys had raised over $3500 and George had already started looking for an engine for me ( I was not to be trusted..lol).
He had about 5 to choose from and only a few days before the xmas break up he had one sent to my house where it sat.......... Until Boxing day 2014 when Matfew and George came around to my house and fitted the engine, the following day late that evening the engine roared into life and sounded a million times better than the rubbish I had fitted.
100kws and was a pleasure to drive I was in love again.
There were always going to be teething problems with this sort of conversion but I was 1000 times happier and now knew what all the TD owners were on about.
I had started with a TB and had many great adventures from Knockwwod to Dargo, too Brindabella to Licola all brilliant and there have been far too many trips in-between to mention them all and all the friends I have made through 4wding and this forum
Through the love of the forum and many top people some of I have never met I managed to keep doing something I truly love.
People ask me how I am and yes I have down days but overall life is good.. very good and the forum has a large part in that.
Onwards and Upwards.

AB
1st July 2019, 07:42 AM
Still working on it folks ;)

Thinking the next edition should have a soot section with those little scratch and sniff yellow dot stickers like those old mags we used to read :049:

mudski
1st July 2019, 08:18 AM
i just looked where i stored all the files from the last mag. i had a folder for a second mag (from me) there was a story in there, and thats it. see below, some of you might find it an interesting read. not saying who its from, you should all be able to work that out. if anyone else has a feelgood story about this forum they wanna share, send it to me, ill find some way to incorporate it into the next mag.

Tell him I said hi will you please.

MB
11th July 2021, 06:59 PM
Can I contact Administration?
I'ts important.
Thank.

Fair Dinkum pittydaky2235 you’ve been given helpful advice on numerous other threads, time to start listening!
We don’t have Administrators or Moderators here, it’s self governed as all 99%er clubs do do [emoji123][emoji123][emoji106][emoji106]

Avo
11th July 2021, 09:23 PM
Fair Dinkum pittydaky2235 you’ve been given helpful advice on numerous other threads, time to start listening!
We don’t have Administrators or Moderators here, it’s self governed as all 99%er clubs do do [emoji123][emoji123][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkShow me the money

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

growler2058
12th July 2021, 07:26 AM
Can I contact Administration?
I'ts important.
Thank.
100 pack as a gift to me and I’ll give you a link to admin