PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Members: Colo Day Trip - 5/9/2015 - Gees Arm South

Clarkie
18th August 2015, 03:38 PM
Hi all,

Going to be attempting the Gees Arm South Track @ Colo on Saturday 5/9.
It will be a morning/day trip. Never been there before so hope its good.

All welcome.

rusty_nail
18th August 2015, 04:48 PM
ill speak to the missus mate but it sounds good unless we have another prior engagement!

ova50
18th August 2015, 07:00 PM
At the moment my weekends are booked up till the end of September.

I haven't been to Gees Arm South Track but I did hear (approx. 2013) that there was some talk of closing it.
Don't know if it was ever closed.

Also heard that the trek to a lookout along the way is hard going, was told about 4 - 5 hours for 6klms and back.
As said, I have not done it but a friend did it a few years back.

(I am hoping to try and organise a Sydney day trip hopefully around mid October.)

Clarkie
18th August 2015, 09:04 PM
Not closed as yet. But apparently the last obstacle requires winching regardless.
Fingers crossed

rusty_nail
19th August 2015, 08:34 AM
At the moment my weekends are booked up till the end of September.

I haven't been to Gees Arm South Track but I did hear (approx. 2013) that there was some talk of closing it.
Don't know if it was ever closed.

Also heard that the trek to a lookout along the way is hard going, was told about 4 - 5 hours for 6klms and back.
As said, I have not done it but a friend did it a few years back.

(I am hoping to try and organise a Sydney day trip hopefully around mid October.)

make sure you chuck it up on the forum mate! would be good to meet another sydney member! if im not doing something stupid like helping my sister drive her car all the way to perth i will definately be along!

ova50
19th August 2015, 09:43 AM
make sure you chuck it up on the forum mate! would be good to meet another sydney member! if im not doing something stupid like helping my sister drive her car all the way to perth i will definately be along!

Once I clear my weekends, I will put up a couple of dates.

Clarkie
4th September 2015, 11:01 AM
Just a quick reminder

garett
4th September 2015, 08:33 PM
would love to but the mav isn't rego'ed yet so the laser might struggle a little bit ... but i've got most of what i need so hope to have it on the road in a month or so.

ova50
19th September 2015, 11:55 PM
"Clarkie"
Did you get to do the Trek.
If so how was it ????

Phat Patroller
7th October 2015, 10:01 PM
Is the Sydney based trip still on the cards? I know I'm a noob member but would love to get amungst it :)

Clarkie
23rd October 2015, 09:54 PM
"Clarkie"
Did you get to do the Trek.
If so how was it ????

Only just saw this. Got most of the track done, had to turn back as we ran out of time.
Good track, very keen to complete it.

Clarkie
23rd October 2015, 09:55 PM
Is the Sydney based trip still on the cards? I know I'm a noob member but would love to get amungst it :)

I'll keep posting up when i head out.