PDA

View Full Version : Bullbar warning label

liftlid
18th August 2015, 12:33 PM
60554 noticed this label on a bullbar I was installing, I was surprised to say the least by the recommendation .

Rossco
18th August 2015, 12:50 PM
Shiet. . . That's pretty bad, especially coming from a mob like TJM. Very bad, coming to think of it.

Sir Roofy
18th August 2015, 05:20 PM
Mmm TJM may have been caught up in a claim of some type with an earlier model
a sign of things to come ??

mudnut
18th August 2015, 06:34 PM
As useful as a
chocolate fire guard:)

mudski
19th August 2015, 10:37 AM
They're just covering there butt incase of a claim I suppose. I can understand them saying to not use the bar for recoveries and to use the vehicle frame though... Seen to many Youtube clips of bars being ripped off in a recovery.

rusty_nail
19th August 2015, 10:54 AM
so whats the bloody point of having it on there? is it ADR approved? surely the collision characteristics etc they mention would have to pass ADR & regs to make it not affect the way a car will crumple in the event of a collision?

Rossco
19th August 2015, 11:01 AM
Most of it is fine however the dodgy bit is saying always use original tow hooks for towing and attaching recovery equipment, which is pretty much leading people into an accident waiting to happen on most vehicles. Crappy tow hooks were never designed for snatch straps.

threedogs
19th August 2015, 11:03 AM
60554 noticed this label on a bullbar I was installing, I was surprised to say the least by the recommendation .

Its all oh&s now everyone wants to claim if something fails, I have all TJM gear
and have no warning on any product.
@ liftlid what 4x4 does that bullbar fit ooi??

I'll try and get some info from TJM

y62troll
1st September 2015, 03:13 PM
And to top that off I have just had my TJM bar fitted. Which they place right over and on top of my now VERY useless recovery point.
Which mind you at this present moment is THE ONLY front recovery point on a y62..........

outback
2nd September 2015, 12:14 AM
And to top that off I have just had my TJM bar fitted. Which they place right over and on top of my now VERY useless recovery point.
Which mind you at this present moment is THE ONLY front recovery point on a y62..........

No good with out pics to prove they are not that stupid , or they really are that stupid.

blocko05
2nd September 2015, 07:07 AM
just another company that is covering their ass in case of a law suit. If it was sold in the USA it would have 5 stickers on it. LOL

liftlid
2nd September 2015, 08:07 AM
Its all oh&s now everyone wants to claim if something fails, I have all TJM gear and have no warning on any product. @ liftlid what 4x4 does that bullbar fit ooi?? I'll try and get some info from TJM
It's a GQ patrol bar that's about 20-25 years old.