PDA

View Full Version : You young blokes need a good.......

DX grunt
7th July 2010, 08:35 PM
Thought that'd grab your attention.

This is a general thread to all you young blokes out there.

I stand up and give you all a standing ovation for your trucks and what you've done to them, and what you're planning to do with them. You have vision, you have motivation and you have good reason to be proud.

Reading your build ups is so encouraging. I'm so proud of you all :icon_victory:.

You may get frustrated or anxious, but please, hang in there. Your vision or goals may change too, but hang in there.

There's an old saying....'Rome wasn't built in a day.'

Take care out there you young blokes. :icon_driving:

Ross
DX grunt
An old bloke LOLOL

Minx
7th July 2010, 08:59 PM
There's on teenage kid on here Matt I think his username is NissanKid (ironic).

Has more passion then most people I know.

Learnt a bit too reading some of his posts.:smiley_thumbs_up:

patch697
7th July 2010, 09:00 PM
x20000000 Rossco this is a much much better way for todays younger generation to,

A, learn about mechanics in general &,

B, staying out of the crowds that hang around in groups doing burnouts everywhere & street racing endangering themselves & others in the process &,

C, get to see & do things you wont got to do by staying in the City's all your life.

So to the younger ones giving 4x4's & off roading a go Im with Ross in saying..... BLOODY GOOD ONYA.

Cheers Ross good thinking Mate
Paul

DX grunt
7th July 2010, 09:02 PM
I'm sure we've learnt lots from Matt, including passion and to make things happen!!!!

DX grunt
7th July 2010, 09:03 PM
I'm not on a footy field or a soccer field, so I'm not allowed to give 'em a hug LOLOLOLOLOLOL

patch697
7th July 2010, 09:49 PM
Oh yeah? What's so special about kids doing amazing things with their Patrols?? They don't know how easy they've got it these days. When I was their age I had a Datsun Stanza and I painted the rear brake drums bright red. I also put a stereo in it. So where's my public recognition?

Lol....... You crack me up...... 3 cheers for Rohan everyone.....hip hip... huray.... hip hip.... huray....hip hip...huray.

Consider yourself recognized....lol

Now don't spoil the theme of the thread....

Cheers
Paul

my91gq
9th July 2010, 02:32 AM
i for one dont go 4bying with people my age i joined a club to find the legal tracks and look after them. im 18 and have no intrest in goin out thrashing my car threw the biggest mud hole i can find so hopefully with the few outta every 10 young people out there with 4bys might be able to keep the tracks oopen for longer and for our kids

patch697
9th July 2010, 08:59 AM
i for one dont go 4bying with people my age i joined a club to find the legal tracks and look after them. im 18 and have no intrest in goin out thrashing my car threw the biggest mud hole i can find so hopefully with the few outta every 10 young people out there with 4bys might be able to keep the tracks oopen for longer and for our kids

I Like the way you think young fella & a very good idea joining a club. You have experienced ppl round you who can show & teach you about the different aspects of driving a 4x4 safely both on & off road.

You exhibit a rare trait not often found in the young ppl of today, "RESPECT" its a good trait to have & one that will serve you well in a 4x4 & life in general.

Well done

Cheers
Paul

DX grunt
9th July 2010, 09:35 AM

Good onya Justin. That's the sort of stuff I stand up and applaud from u young blokes. Maturity and vision for the future for more than just yourself, and not just the 'What's in it for me' attitude.

Well done young fella.

Take care out there.

Ross

DX grunt
2nd October 2012, 09:13 AM
Thought that'd grab your attention.

This is a general thread to all you young blokes out there.

I stand up and give you all a standing ovation for your trucks and what you've done to them, and what you're planning to do with them. You have vision, you have motivation and you have good reason to be proud.

Reading your build ups is so encouraging. I'm so proud of you all :icon_victory:.

You may get frustrated or anxious, but please, hang in there. Your vision or goals may change too, but hang in there.

There's an old saying....'Rome wasn't built in a day.'

Take care out there you young blokes. :icon_driving:

Ross
DX grunt
An old bloke LOLOL

Bump.

I started this thread in 2010, and I still stand by it.

Well done you young fellas. I'm still proud of you.

Take care out there.

Rossco

MC97GQ
2nd October 2012, 09:19 AM
Nice one Rossco,

I think this thread is really relevant especially in light of Bigrigs young fella getting his Patrol ute and the work Scotty and the young fella have been putting into it.

Much better than being out there carrying on like idiots doing burnouts etc.

So good on you the young guys out there, stay switched on and stay safe.

Mark

growler2058
2nd October 2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks Rossco hahahahaha

Double Tap

Winnie
2nd October 2012, 09:58 AM
You're making me blush Rossco!

From this:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/377742_10150385163478025_682488296_n.jpg

To this:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/249411_429005310480922_1319713728_n.jpg

Been to some amazing places that I would never have seen if I did not have a 4WD, some I wouldn't have gotten to if it wasn't a Patrol :P
When I had my old Falcon I used to be into burnouts and drifting and all that naughty jazz. Safe to say I haven't done a burnout since I bought the Patrol! My Nissan Patrol has changed me, this forum has changed me.

taslucas
2nd October 2012, 12:19 PM
My Nissan Patrol has changed me, this forum has changed me.

Oh...... My......... God..........

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 12:30 PM
Hey Plas Did you run out of yellow paint. lol. My street was full of tyre marks from hoons, hated it but noticed everytime I came back from a weekend away covered in mud they all had a comment. Told them all to go get themselves a petrol/gas GQ and go camping/fishing for the weekend. Much better than wasting rubber around the streets.

Well blow me down with a feather they did, now we all swap stories and advice, the draw of 4x4ing got them, needless to say haven't had a burnout in the street for 2 yrs now.
And Yes Cuppa some have done amazing fabrication as well. Coodoos to them all I say

Winnie
2nd October 2012, 12:33 PM
"kids who fish and hunt don't steal and deal"

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 12:45 PM
Wise words indeed , its easy to do, but the world is full of idiots,morons whatever and I feel like the only sane one sometimes.
Great logic can I use it????
That should be a sticker IMO
My dad said Don't lie,cheat or steal and you should be fine.

taslucas
2nd October 2012, 12:48 PM

Unfortunately there are heaps that do all four around here.....
Having a 4wd is pretty much the norm fir most country areas unfortunately it doesn't mean that you don't do naughty things too!

Tap, crackle, pop

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 12:52 PM
Thats called multi tasking, we can all do without thieves and dealers though,
NOTHING GOOD CAN COME FROM IT,,,,,,, period, Hate thieves with a passion

the ferret
2nd October 2012, 12:52 PM
Ha, I remember the good ol days, I had an XL Ford Falcon, got sick of repairing the gearbox due to thrashing it and fitted a 4 speed Riley gearbox, pretty flash eh?? with four on the floor lol.
Cheers, the ferret.

Winnie
2nd October 2012, 12:57 PM
Wise words indeed , its easy to do, but the world is full of idiots,morons whatever and I feel like the only sane one sometimes.
Great logic can I use it????
That should be a sticker IMO
My dad said Don't lie,cheat or steal and you should be fine.

That's where I saw it on a sticker

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 01:04 PM
never had a car until later in life, always had motor bikes, then I got married then that my friends was that, boo hoo how sad, cut down in his prime LOL

patch697
2nd October 2012, 01:12 PM

Truer words where never spoken..... Well said brother..... well said.

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 01:53 PM
Right on Kristoffa thats deep

Punderhead
2nd October 2012, 06:25 PM
I have a couple of mates with falcodores who like to go round doing burnout etc. They just don't get it. Yeah sure the inner hoon in me says attempt that boghole, and do a big rooster tail while exiting (and my mates in the car hahaha) but there is nothing more exiting for me then conquering an awesome hill climb then having amazing views all around.

I have also just converted a mate and he has bought a Dihatsu Rocky, (he wanted a patrol, but at 800 bucks the Rocky was a steal) after 1 session in the 4by he said he had more fun then he had going through the set of tyres the night before.

Plus I love the camping and the bush! nothing more relaxing than sitting around the fire chatting with mates. A beautiful place (but spoiled by all the litter. PLEASE take your rubbish with you)

I love my Patrol. And a big thankyou back to all the older blokes (especially my dad) who have given me all the advice, tips, tricks, and just general know how.

Cheers!

mudski
3rd October 2012, 09:05 PM
Ha, I remember the good ol days, I had an XL Ford Falcon, got sick of repairing the gearbox due to thrashing it and fitted a 4 speed Riley gearbox, pretty flash eh?? with four on the floor lol.
Cheers, the ferret.
So your about 90 then eh?:wink:

threedogs
3rd October 2012, 10:33 PM
Low and behold the young fella across the road has sold his GQ and come home with a Harley of all things, I've been on bikes all my life,either racing in a M/C club or as a mechanic.
IMO only there are 3 things that Harley don't do thats GO, STOP and HANDLE, mind you the kids just pushing 5ft. bikes are great but way too many other idiots on the road even to tempt me riding again. bad enough driving around in the Patrol. But he's a good kid hope not a T/A

DX grunt
22nd March 2013, 10:04 PM
This thread needs a bump. lol

I met this young, 22 yo guy today. He had his V8 Tojo ute, complete with tinnie on the roof rack, dirt bike, swag, tool box and esky. He was out on an adventure from the eastern states.

I wanted to shake his hand and give him a big hug. lol. The world is his oyster.

Don't lose sight of your dreams or your goals, you young blokes. I've got 4 of my own sons aged from 18 to 26, and I understand some of your challenges. Hang in there!

Take care out there.

Rossco

taslucas
22nd March 2013, 10:34 PM
Ummmm ... dare I ask where and how you met him??? First paragraph reads a little ... well ... ominously ....

lmfao!!!!

Couldn't help it Rossco!!

Obviously the world was the young guys oyster AFTER rossco towed him out hahaha

FanTapstic!

NP99
22nd March 2013, 11:38 PM
We are but the caretakers of this world for them!

dads tractor
23rd March 2013, 02:27 PM
"kids who fish and hunt don't steal and deal"Winnie is that yours my young fella loves it and wants it for a windscreen sticker and I think its very clever and true . To all the young ones getting away with your mates and girlfriends mixing with older guys/girls will only put wiser and better well rounded heads on your shoulders .

Winnie
23rd March 2013, 02:51 PM
Winnie is that yours my young fella loves it and wants it for a windscreen sticker and I think its very clever and true . To all the young ones getting away with your mates and girlfriends mixing with older guys/girls will only put wiser and better well rounded heads on your shoulders .

Nah I saw it on a bumper sticker

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

DX grunt
13th June 2013, 09:15 PM
Bump.

Does anybody need acknowledging? Hint, hint.

Take care out there.

Rossco

nissannewby
13th June 2013, 09:34 PM
Me but to the people I'm applying for jobs with lol.