PDA

View Full Version : Securing a fridge without drawers

beexy
7th August 2015, 10:24 PM
As the title suggests. How do best secure your fridge in the rear of a gu wagon without drawers?

Rock Trol
7th August 2015, 10:49 PM
If you have a cargo barrier you can secure a strap there and then use one of the loops at the rear (one on either side) for the front. That will hold it down.

Winnie
7th August 2015, 11:00 PM
If you have a cargo barrier you can secure a strap there and then use one of the loops at the rear (one on either side) for the front. That will hold it down.
That's exactly what I used to do before I got my drawers

Bacho86
8th August 2015, 12:19 AM
I use the child anchor restraint points on the LH side of the boot floor - one at the front and one in the rear (when the kids aren't using them). Worked a treat last trip too - just gotta work out a better way to secure all the other stuff to stop crashing into the fridge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threedogs
8th August 2015, 08:45 AM
You could cut a piece of ply to cover the
floor in the cargo area, then screw an Engel Transit base to that.
One finger operation and no straps. I've used this system
for over 20 yrs in two different 4x4s

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-ENGEL-Transit-Slide-Lok-Lock-suit-32L-40L-Fridge-Freezers-Ice-Box-/251237439881?hash=item3a7eeb1989

Softy
8th August 2015, 09:05 AM
I my GQ i used to loop a small press buckle strap thing thru the eyelet where the seat belt mounts to the floor then around the fridge and thru the handles... Yes dodgy but it never moved. Yet to load the fridge into the GU.. But i'll try and find a neater solution when time comes....

Hodge
8th August 2015, 12:26 PM
I use those tie down straps with the eyelets it came with, and one of the eyelets is bolted down to one of the bolts that used to hold the rear seats, and the another strap around the other side of the fridge and onto the cargo barrier. Never moved at all ...
Hard to explain and I don't have a photo of exactly what I mean hope it made sense.

threedogs
8th August 2015, 04:32 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-UNIMAC-Cordless-Gas-34-Framing-Nailer-Nail-Gun-with-Battery-Charger-Portable-/140996270050?hash=item20d40857e2

a bit left field, but would still work lol [bored]

beexy
9th August 2015, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys. No cargo barrier so I'll have a play around and see what works best

Rock Trol
9th August 2015, 08:05 PM
Isn't there 4 tie down points in each corner of the load area? Or is the fridge covering one up?
You could thread a turnbuckle strap through the rear seat (between top and bottom cushions) and secure to the seat frame.

Hodge
9th August 2015, 08:14 PM
Isn't there 4 tie down points in each corner of the load area? Or is the fridge covering one up?
You could thread a turnbuckle strap through the rear seat (between top and bottom cushions) and secure to the seat frame.

Yeh there is but that would more or less mean fridge needs to sit in middle of the load area. So with straps etc you lose a lot of room. As i found anyway ...

beexy
13th August 2015, 05:53 PM
Rock troll - yeah there is but as hodgey said would take up pretty much all the cargo area with fridge and straps.