PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning MAP sensor???

Rock Trol
7th August 2015, 08:53 PM
Has anyone cleaned a MAP sensor for their CRD? I think mine is not sending the correct signal or on its way out.

I was driving home on Pt Wakefield Rd (110km/h limit) when I noticed my scangauge was displaying a steady 36.9MAP reading. Even when I backed off it was stuck on this reading. All the other x-gauge readings where changing as normal. My boost gauge also showed that the boost was behaving normally under load and when load was taken off engine.

The MAP reading then started changing again but was not matching what the boost gauge was showing. When I got to Adelaide the MAP reading stuck again but this time at 1.8 MAP and the car suddenly became very sluggish as the ECU cut fuel (thinking no boost). The boost gauge showed the correct boost for the revs. Even after switching the car off to refuel the MAP stayed at 1.8 MAP. I stopped for dinner and in the car park popped the bonnet and fiddled with the plug to the MAP sensor (wiggled and pushed in). I then went to dinner, came back and the MAP reading was as expected.

This may have been a loose plug (hope so) so will find out tomorrow if its still working. I am planning on pulling plug out and spraying the contacts with MAF cleaner. Does anyone know if you can clean the inside where the pressure sensor is? The MAF sensor has a little plastic tube that goes into the Intercooler housing where the pressure is measured. Should I squirt MAF cleaner down there?

Rock Trol
8th August 2015, 07:22 PM
Looks like it was a loose connection.
1. Took off plug
2. Sprayed MAF cleaner on all contacts
3. Put plug back on
4. Realised I have damaged clip on plug that keeps it secure
5. Fixed with zip ties

Now car runs fine.

Hodge
8th August 2015, 10:38 PM
Hi mate. I had to clean up and re-tighten my MAP sensor when I fitted the new intercooler and the Boost gauge adapter (sits under the map sensor). I too noticed inconsistent readings between scangauge and the Boost gauge. Turns out i had a slight leak at the MAP sensor. Cleaned and re-fitted and all was good from there.

same
9th September 2015, 02:28 PM
how to upgrade intake off 4.2 diesel engine

MudRunnerTD
9th September 2015, 02:50 PM
Zip ties rule the world