PDA

View Full Version : window

odin
30th March 2011, 12:24 AM
Hi i have been quoted $220 by the wreckers for a second hand frame for the side sliiding window on my Gq any one got a idea if this is a fair price looking for comment .Odin

Bigrig
30th March 2011, 12:29 AM
Hi i have been quoted $220 by the wreckers for a second hand frame for the side sliiding window on my Gq any one got a idea if this is a fair price looking for comment .Odin

Just the frame?? That's a rip off mate - I think when I got my quote from Patrolapart in Melbourne, they were $135 plus freight ... hunt around champion!

AB
30th March 2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah thats too expensive mate...I also got quoted $220 for the frame and solid window so hunt around mate.

Silver
30th March 2011, 09:10 AM
I paid that to Mr Nissan himself last year for a new frame and rubber - would have gone via the recommendation above, but was in a hurry :-)

Bigrig
30th March 2011, 11:27 AM
Just spoke to Patrolapart and they have second hand units (frame, rubbers AND glass) for $145 per side, and genuine Nissan new ones (frame and rubbers only) for $240.

I'm going to go new just to avoid swapping my second hand rusted frames with potentially, second hand rusted frames!! But still, if that's what you're after (second hand) it's a lot bloody better priced than your local wrecker mate!!!

Finly Owner
30th March 2011, 11:41 PM
Try ebay as well as there has been some on there at times.

Tim