PDA

View Full Version : 2.8 gu fan!

scottyb
3rd August 2015, 05:05 PM
Hey guys, recently bought a 2.8 gu and thought it was a great idea too hit a fairly deep bog hole in low 2nd with my foot flat. Anyway I snapped the fan, did my water pump and the stupid mud stuffed a few other bits and pieces! Anyway I bought a timing belt kit that included a water pump and headed down to Repco for the fan, they didn't have any in stock so they looked up "2.8 gu fan" and ordered me in what they found.. Anyway so now I have it, It says its a 4.2 fan? should it fit still?? I can grab part number/photos tonight if it would help.

Cheers!

threedogs
3rd August 2015, 05:21 PM
Bog hole ah, Mate can you jump over to the intros first,
just something the forum asks of us all, polite and all.

But welcome to the forum, enjoy

mudski
3rd August 2015, 07:01 PM
Bog holes! Ugh! I learned my lesson. Go around them.

scottyb
3rd August 2015, 07:12 PM
Thanks threedogs, just did it then.

Hahaha that's right mudski, never again!

Clunk
3rd August 2015, 07:47 PM
yep part numbers would probably be useful

scottyb
3rd August 2015, 07:52 PM
Okay

NGQ-34102

Clunk
3rd August 2015, 08:14 PM
Okay

NGQ-34102

searching using that part number says that that fan is for a GQ TB42S, TB42E or GU TB45

Genuine part number for a RD28TI is 21060VB100W

I guess the only quick way to tell if it will fit, is to measure the distance between fixing holes on your new one compared to your stuffed one.

scottyb
3rd August 2015, 09:04 PM
That's very annoying! Thanks heaps for the genuine part number. Next question is the cars getting towed too get all the other work done on Saturday, if the right fan doesn't arrive in time would I be okay to creep home with two only two fins? Won't be flogging it or doing any 4x4ing

Clunk
3rd August 2015, 09:13 PM
I would say probably best not too, vibration might cause problems elsewhere..... but someone with a lot more knowledge than I will hopefully tell you for sure....... not sure where you reside, but get in touch with the guys at Patrolapart in Lilydale, they might be able to tell you more about the fan you bought

scottyb
3rd August 2015, 09:21 PM
Hmm yeah I think your right! No worries cheers!

Clunk
10th August 2015, 10:33 PM
So how did you go with this?