PDA

View Full Version : Licola Annual meet up discussion.

Bloodyaussie
29th July 2015, 05:13 PM
On our recent trip to Licola it was discussed that this would make a great annual event and if we could get the kitchen and houses up the other end that would be preferred.

The date discussed so as to keep it easy to fix each year was the first weekend of July.

Licola Village rang me today to discuss another matter and while talking I mentioned the idea in which they are more than happy to accommodate.

How does everyone feel about this for an annual trip... 2016 first weekend in July falls on the 1st.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/Licola%20forum%20trip%20July%202015/SAM_1685_zpscjlw7xml.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/Licola%20forum%20trip%20July%202015/SAM_1685_zpscjlw7xml.jpg.html)

Winnie
29th July 2015, 05:16 PM
On our recent trip to Licola it was discussed that this would make a great annual event and if we could get the kitchen and houses up the other end that would be preferred.

The date discussed so as to keep it easy to fix each year was the first weekend of July.

Licola Village rang me today to discuss another matter and while talking I mentioned the idea in which they are more than happy to accommodate.

How does everyone feel about this for an annual trip... 2016 first weekend in July falls on the 1st.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/Licola%20forum%20trip%20July%202015/SAM_1685_zpscjlw7xml.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/Licola%20forum%20trip%20July%202015/SAM_1685_zpscjlw7xml.jpg.html)
I'll be there =)

Rossco
29th July 2015, 05:18 PM
Sounds good to me Jono, it's not school holidays is it?

Thanks for organising trip just gone too, don't think it could have been a better weekend ☺.

Bloodyaussie
29th July 2015, 05:22 PM
Sounds good to me Jono, it's not school holidays is it?

Thanks for organising trip just gone too, don't think it could have been a better weekend ☺.

Good point I will check... not that it will be an issue for me

Rossco
29th July 2015, 05:32 PM
Good point I will check... not that it will be an issue for me
Yeah probably wouldn't be too much of an issue, just thinking it would probably be quieter out of hols. . .

BSRT.Beast
29th July 2015, 05:34 PM
middle of school holidays

http://www.victoriaschoolholidays.com.au/2016-term-dates

AB
29th July 2015, 05:34 PM
I'm in for sure but yeah it is school holidays.

Not sure that would matter if we can get those rooms booked each year.

BSRT.Beast
29th July 2015, 05:36 PM
School hols would make it very busy ..... but we aren't to fussed will just make life on the roads a bit busier.

Bloodyaussie
29th July 2015, 05:39 PM
I'm in for sure but yeah it is school holidays.

Not sure that would matter if we can get those rooms booked each year.

This is right.... I say stick with it and make this a great event to look forward to each year.

I hope my whole family can come next year but with Mags's first year at a new job I am not sure

Winnie
29th July 2015, 05:43 PM
This is right.... I say stick with it and make this a great event to look forward to each year.

I hope my whole family can come next year but with Mags's first year at a new job I am not sure
I agree mate, I don't think school hols would make a big difference anyway

Maxhead
29th July 2015, 05:48 PM
1st is the last day of school in ACT so works out well. We'll be there, and we might even take a Monday off as well :)

~LOCK IT IN EDDY~

Clarkie
29th July 2015, 05:57 PM
It was 11hours in the saddle each way for me, but i would happily make the trip again. ... and probably again.

Thanks to all who contributed to make it a great trip.

Will drag the wife along next time

AB
29th July 2015, 06:05 PM
I think it's perfect being school hols because Mia will be at school next year ;)

Maxhead
29th July 2015, 06:06 PM
It was 11hours in the saddle each way for me, but i would happily make the trip again. ... and probably again.

Thanks to all who contributed to make it a great trip.

Will drag the wife along next time

Which way did you head down last weekend?

Clunk
29th July 2015, 06:15 PM
school hols in WA next year are from Saturday 1/7/16 to Sunday 17/7/16.................. hmmmmmmm thinking thinking, now if only the missus and I could actually get the time off work at the same time.

Winnie
29th July 2015, 06:22 PM
school hols in WA next year are from Saturday 1/7/16 to Sunday 17/7/16.................. hmmmmmmm thinking thinking, now if only the missus and I could actually get the time off work at the same time.
And if you can't... Boys trip! Haha

Sir Roofy
29th July 2015, 06:31 PM
You wont get the kitchen if a bunch of kids show up in buses

AB
29th July 2015, 06:34 PM
You wont get the kitchen if a bunch of kids show up in buses but we can steal their food ;)

Clunk
29th July 2015, 06:35 PM
You wont get the kitchen if a bunch of kids show up in buses

what do you mean bunch????? I've only got three lol

Clunk
29th July 2015, 06:36 PM
And if you can't... Boys trip! Haha

yeah like my missus is ever going to let that happen ;)

Sir Roofy
29th July 2015, 06:41 PM
what do you mean bunch????? I've only got three lol

LOL clunk it gets cold here at night most have more than three and besides it is /was a school
camp

Bloodyaussie
29th July 2015, 06:45 PM

Ha ha ha... if you come along big boy then you will definitely be the only gay in the village.... ya welsh nob.!!!! Lol

Maxhead
29th July 2015, 06:48 PM
yeah like my missus is ever going to let that happen ;)

Take that skirt off and wear your pants for once :) bwahahah
See you next year

Clunk
29th July 2015, 06:52 PM
Ha ha ha... if you come along big boy then you will definitely be the only gay in the village.... ya welsh nob.!!!! Lol
You better believe it baby, now brace yourself, I'm coming in dry

Clunk
29th July 2015, 06:52 PM
Take that skirt off and wear your pants for once :) bwahahah
See you next year
But a skirt is so much more liberating

Bacho86
29th July 2015, 07:11 PM
Would definately be keen for this, may even drag the whole family along this time!!

Just a thought, if were aiming for a snow trip again (?), would we be better off pushing the date a little bit later into the season to improve the chance of snow - just a thought, I'm happy either way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge
29th July 2015, 07:14 PM
Sounds good to me, and aiming for a date/month early would be better so i can book leave ahead !!

Clarkie
29th July 2015, 08:42 PM
Which way did you head down last weekend?

Kellyville-Orbost (7hrs)
Orbost-Moe-Licola (3.5)

Licola - Kellyville (11hrs)

lucus30
29th July 2015, 08:51 PM
Sounds good to me. Will have to crack out the NP hoody for this event for sure, maybe even the redback roof top bag

mudski
29th July 2015, 08:57 PM
Hell yes! Count me and my family in for this.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Rossco
29th July 2015, 08:57 PM
Just a thought, if were aiming for a snow trip again (?), would we be better off pushing the date a little bit later into the season to improve the chance of snow - just a thought, I'm happy either way!!

Not a bad point. Late July or August is usually a good bet for snow. I'm happy either way it still does come down to a bit of luck. . .

MudRunnerTD
29th July 2015, 09:28 PM
First weekend in Augist would be a much better time for a snow trip. The pics of the other end look awesome. Later for the win. This would be tha annual family Snow Trip.

Maxhead
30th July 2015, 05:52 AM
Kellyville-Orbost (7hrs)
Orbost-Moe-Licola (3.5)

Licola - Kellyville (11hrs)

Cool, cool. Next one we should meetup and travel together.

Bloodyaussie
30th July 2015, 08:25 AM
Well a mod would need to put a poll up for voting if thats what people want... first week in July or August?

I am still happy with July as I think it does make it easier for more to come along.

Clarkie
30th July 2015, 04:37 PM
Cool, cool. Next one we should meetup and travel together.

Sounds good to me

Bloodyaussie
1st August 2015, 06:19 PM
You forgetting something ab....?

AB
1st August 2015, 06:40 PM
You forgetting something ab....?

There is a poll on this thread now everyone, please vote which date you prefer for our annual snow trip.

I have also added an extra column for people who are not ever going to attend but don't want to be left out so they can press a button.

liftlid
1st August 2015, 09:05 PM
I can't find a pol, have I slept in and it's April allready?

MudRunnerTD
1st August 2015, 09:35 PM
I can't find a pol, have I slept in and it's April allready?

If you are using an App to view the forum you will not see the Poll. You must be on Safari or a PC.

AB
2nd August 2015, 05:05 AM
If you are using an App to view the forum you will not see the Poll. You must be on Safari or a PC. Or forum runner. It's just tappa you can't see polls.

liftlid
2nd August 2015, 10:05 AM
I'm on forum runner will try safari

liftlid
2nd August 2015, 10:11 AM
Just looked on safari and the newest post I can see was February

Bacho86
2nd August 2015, 10:18 AM
Just looked on safari and the newest post I can see was February

Log out and back in... Maybe something to do with server change over?

MudRunnerTD
2nd August 2015, 10:57 AM
That's ofd, or just refresh. I only use safari. Always on the iPhone. Only use tappa when posting a photo.

Maxhead
2nd August 2015, 11:32 AM
Righto, just voted 1st August as it might be a little quieter and more possibility of snow......Lets go..lol

liftlid
2nd August 2015, 11:32 AM
Fresh log in on safari

liftlid
4th August 2015, 07:53 AM
Just looked for the pol on the desktop computer, newest post was done in February, anybody know what's happening?

rusty_nail
4th August 2015, 08:12 AM
how did i miss this thread! ill be there with bells and whistles on!

liftlid
4th August 2015, 08:23 AM
how did i miss this thread! ill be there with bells and whistles on!
Good luck finding it!

Winnie
4th August 2015, 08:30 AM
Just looked for the pol on the desktop computer, newest post was done in February, anybody know what's happening?

It's in this thread mate. I can see it clear as day.

rusty_nail
4th August 2015, 08:31 AM
Good luck finding it!

are you using a mac?

rusty_nail
4th August 2015, 08:32 AM

btw did you get my message?

Bacho86
4th August 2015, 08:43 AM
Yeh I can see it both on my pc and also on tappa on my iPhone...

Bloodyaussie
4th August 2015, 08:43 AM
I just rang Licola and August does not look good... The managers are away and I was talking to the maintenance bloke and he said they have just had a huge mob in who have already booked for next year and the interest in the place has been growing with the 4wd community.

The CEO will be back at the end of the week and I will speak to him about times but I think maybe our choice might be made for us.

I feel like Homer when he got voted union rep and found out the job doesn't pay...lol

Winnie
4th August 2015, 08:49 AM
btw did you get my message?

I did sorry mate, I saw it at work and was going to reply at home but totally forgot about it!

Bacho86
4th August 2015, 08:52 AM
Good idea on the follow up BA, not much point we all voting for a date if they accommodation isn't available with the main kitchen area

liftlid
4th August 2015, 09:09 AM
Woohoo just found it, didn't know what to look for and didn't realise there was a button at the start of the thread!

AB
4th August 2015, 06:05 PM
I feel like Homer when he got voted union rep and found out the job doesn't pay...lol we appreciate ;)

BSRT.Beast
12th August 2015, 07:56 AM
Any word yet ?????

AB
14th August 2015, 09:04 PM
I just rang Licola and August does not look good... The managers are away and I was talking to the maintenance bloke and he said they have just had a huge mob in who have already booked for next year and the interest in the place has been growing with the 4wd community. The CEO will be back at the end of the week and I will speak to him about times but I think maybe our choice might be made for us. I feel like Homer when he got voted union rep and found out the job doesn't pay...lol Did you get a chance to speak to old mate CEO?

Even a week or two either way will be fine mate ;)

Mia has not stopped talking about this trip, she's keen to head back tomorrow!!!

matfew
30th September 2015, 09:39 AM
I'd be keen to make it an annual thing. Getting a few annual things cranking now. ACT/NSW trip, snow trip, hunting trips. Should make for a good year ;)

Bloodyaussie
30th September 2015, 12:47 PM
I actually forgot all about this and the other day I saw an email from Arran so just gave him a call..

The dates are locked in for the first weekend in July as August is booked.

Now we have 5 houses held for us this time and we will have the large kitchen and fire pit.

We also can make arrangements closer to the date to stay till Monday or those that want to come up Thursday just pay the difference.

Now the deposit to have this locked in stone is $250 ($50 for each house) so how do we go about paying for this?? I am happy to pay my share now but then there is the remainder.

Last trip was awesome so dont miss out.

AB
30th September 2015, 05:46 PM
I reckon you should start a new thread asking for numbers to confirm by a poll which closes by Wednesday next week.

Once we got numbers divide deposit by numbers and then we all pay.

Don't miss out though folks, this will be an epic yearly family event at a great spot!

Bloodyaussie
5th May 2016, 08:31 PM

AB
5th May 2016, 08:41 PM
I would actually be keen to do this again but holy cow my finances are stretched.

Mid July could be a goer, do we have interest???

Bloodyaussie
5th May 2016, 08:43 PM

Bloodyaussie
6th May 2016, 07:25 AM

matfew
6th May 2016, 07:39 AM
We'll be in on this. Was awesome last time. Bring it on :D

rusty_nail
6th May 2016, 08:02 AM
yep im keen =D would be happy to make the trip down

Maxhead
6th May 2016, 08:52 AM
Ohhh crap, I'll be at Fraser first two weeks of July

….................... On the move

mudski
6th May 2016, 09:22 AM
I will say yes. For the four of us. But need to confirm with the boss first. Apparently I don't listen to her when she's a talkin'. So I may have missed something. Hehe.

lucus30
6th May 2016, 11:09 AM
I'm still a maybe I've got my 4wd club mt skene trip the following weekend

Bloodyaussie
6th May 2016, 12:43 PM

rusty_nail
6th May 2016, 12:59 PM
This needs confirmation and money paid in advance if you want to stay at this event. .. cheers

where do we pay?

AB
6th May 2016, 05:41 PM
It was a great meet up last year so get amongst it folks.

Very family friendly area!

Maxhead
6th May 2016, 06:12 PM
It was a great meet up last year so get amongst it folks.

Very family friendly area!

Yep, I totally forgot about this one but will be there next time if it comes up!

Top spot for families

Bacho86
6th May 2016, 07:15 PM
Probably rolling solo for this trip again, will have to double check with the wife. How much deposit is required and when do you need it BA?

AB
6th May 2016, 07:37 PM
@mb

Get on it.

It was a fantastic glamping trip and Lachy's first time seeing snow this time!

Bring the family!

mudski
10th May 2016, 05:19 PM
We are definitely in for this. Hopefully it happens.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Winnie
10th May 2016, 05:55 PM
We will be in. Can't remember what costs were last year but it was not over the top

rusty_nail
10th May 2016, 07:22 PM
Yeah I'm definitely up for this so let's make it happen!!!

Sent from my S50 using Tapatalk

Bacho86
10th May 2016, 07:42 PM
We will be in. Can't remember what costs were last year but it was not over the top

Yeh I thought it was pretty good value, Maybe $30 a night / person or something?

AB
10th May 2016, 08:02 PM
Yeh I thought it was pretty good value, Maybe $30 a night / person or something? It was something like that but for what you get...house, commercial kitchen, self contained cottages, trampolines and playgrounds for kids, fire pits, shower, toilet, heaters, BBQ area!!!

AB
10th May 2016, 08:13 PM
Ok my family and Mark bro family are in too!

Numbers are building strong, great to see folks!

What's the G.O Johno, when, $$ and how do we book this puppy in?

We should definitely keep the tradition going, Mia hasn't shut up about this snow trip from last year ;)

rusty_nail
10th May 2016, 08:18 PM
Ok my family and Mark bro family are in too!

Numbers are building strong, great to see folks!

What's the G.O Johno, when, $$ and how do we book this puppy in?

We should definitely keep the tradition going, Mia hasn't shut up about this snow trip from last year ;)
X2!! How do we get things m this one rolling along

Also what are the dates?

And what UHF channel would we be using?

rusty_nail
11th May 2016, 10:40 PM
Any more news on this? I'm thinking someone else needs to take the reins if johnno is passing it up? I'm happy to help with the organising but there is only so much I can do from another state away [emoji3]

Maxhead
12th May 2016, 05:41 AM
Any more news on this? I'm thinking someone else needs to take the reins if johnno is passing it up? I'm happy to help with the organising but there is only so much I can do from another state away [emoji3]

Give them a call mate and double check the details and go from there.

Jonno has wiped his posts on here but I'm sure he said it was booked so just need to organise the deposit/payment.

Wish I could make this as its a top family spot

Winnie
12th May 2016, 06:37 AM
Wtf Johnny? Why are you deleting posts mate?

DaveGQ
25th August 2016, 11:29 AM
You guys happy to let a newbie in on this trip? I know you guys probably know each other well in real life, but I'd be keen to bring the wife n kids along for a trip. Looks like a good family atmosphere.

mudski
25th August 2016, 02:03 PM
You guys happy to let a newbie in on this trip? I know you guys probably know each other well in real life, but I'd be keen to bring the wife n kids along for a trip. Looks like a good family atmosphere.

Haha! Your a bit late bud. It happened almost 4 weeks ago. We have booked for next year though...

DaveGQ
25th August 2016, 03:04 PM
That's what I mean... I'm still in WA and will be relocating back to Vic in a couple of months.

MB
25th August 2016, 07:46 PM
More the Merrier I reckon, it is a top family trip mate!!
There is another thread out here somewhere with this years antics.
I'm sure someone puter savy can merge them here for us ;-)

DaveGQ
26th August 2016, 04:59 PM
Saw the pics from both threads, looks great!

Will keep an eye on it for next year.

AB
27th August 2016, 07:29 PM
Saw the pics from both threads, looks great! Will keep an eye on it for next year. We do a few trips in Vic mate so keep an eye out on the forum...

Where in Victoria are you moving to?

DaveGQ
30th August 2016, 08:53 AM
S.E.
Around Caulfield.