PDA

View Full Version : Patrol GQ injectors

bigboss
28th March 2011, 10:44 PM
G'Day all! Just curious about how much would you expect to pay to have injectors done, if i was to pull them out myself and put back in myself? Cheers

YNOT
29th March 2011, 06:02 AM
If you shop around you should be able to find someone who will do them for about $60 each (TD42).

Tony

tkn
29th March 2011, 02:21 PM
G'Day all! Just curious about how much would you expect to pay to have injectors done, if i was to pull them out myself and put back in myself? Cheers

I paid about $500 for changeover set for TD42 about 9 months ago. The set included new "crush" spacers and washers.

Be careful when taking the injectors out and especially when handling the "new" ones that no dirt gets into the top of the injector (can happen very easily) and the needles at the opposite end are capped and protected until you are ready to instal each injector so that the needles cannot be damaged.
Also, when putting the "new" ones in double check that you remove the old crush spacers from the head and clean any dirt (especially carbon) from the seats.

Set aside about 2 hours for removal and about 2 hours for installation. If you do it quicker, that is a bonus.

speedway
16th April 2011, 03:09 PM
Mine cost me $80 each to have them rebuilt and although they have done over 350,000k's I was told they were in reasonable condition. Could have something to do with using 100% bio diesel for the last 5 years.
Keith.