PDA

View Full Version : 35"

Matt07
28th March 2011, 07:30 PM
Hey just wondering if you need to do much to fit 35" on a gu. i ahve a 3" lift and have heard from some people that you need to do something else? is this true or not
cheers.

YNOT
28th March 2011, 08:04 PM
You may need to fit radius arm spacers to move the front diff forward a bit.

Tony

Ben-e-boy
4th April 2011, 09:10 PM
I just bought 35's and I have a 4 inch lift and I need radius arm spacers

Bigrig
4th April 2011, 09:17 PM
I just bought 35's and I have a 4 inch lift and I need radius arm spacers

Have you put up any shots of the 35's fitted?? Have I missed it??

wojtech
7th April 2011, 10:41 PM
I'm also considering 35" rubber on my GQ. I have a suspension lift of 2" and have body lift blocks which are 45mm, this was done by the previous owner, I reckon 35" would fit and run OK on my car.
Here is a pic of a 35" that is just placed against the current 32"s not bolted on. That 35" is a mates Toyota spare and we didn't try bolting it on, his cruiser has a 2" lift and the 35" fit fine. They would have to work better on mine with the added body lift.But I don't really want to spend $$$ on tyres if the are going to get ruined.
I've already posted on my intro about this topic and got mixed responses. More input would be great

moo_r32
27th April 2011, 11:50 PM
yea just the caster spacers and should be all ok

Woore
1st May 2011, 12:31 AM
My GU is stock bar a 2 inch lift and 35s fit great, even out bushbashing they only just catch the front radius arm.

MudRunnerTD
1st May 2011, 03:39 AM
On my GQ i had a 2" OME lift and a 2" Body lift and ran 35s for 5 years without any other mod. Never had any trouble at all. The 35s i was running were second hand when i bought them but still had a good 80%. when i bought new ones with more tread they crunched a little in the front but only under very very hard and fast compression. Would fit them again with that setup on anyones car.

I have just in the last couple of weeks put those fairly new 35s onto the GU IV with a 3" lift and Drop Boxes and had to do a very slight cut in the back of the front wheel arch just were the mud flaps (already removed in the front) mount up. the cut took 15 seconds a side with a hack saw under torch light through the plastic of the back of the flare in the front wheel arches. Did not hesitate. I can still bolt up the mud flaps if i ever sell it???? Not sure that will happen... ;)