PDA

View Full Version : Remote Door Locking

Cadbury
28th March 2011, 12:15 PM
Hi all,
Can someone tell me if a 1999 GU ST came out with remote door locking. I was told by someone it did, but I just want to confirm it. If so where can I get myself one.
Cheers
Tim

hekarewe
28th March 2011, 04:34 PM
dont know if the 99 came with that but i do know that apparently they are ginuen parts only and worth around $300 per unit....... went to my local key cutter who deals in batteries and replacement units for most cars and was told that mine was totaled and that there were no after market units for the gu's simular units that he had were $265 each and he said that the nissan ones were between $50 to $100 dearer. after that decided that the key worked just fine!!!

Cadbury
29th April 2011, 09:10 PM
Hi all,
I just want to revisit this.
Can anyone tell me where to look to see if my vehicle is fitted with remote door locking.
Cheers
Tim

mrcrazydude
29th April 2011, 10:28 PM
I've got a 1999 4.2td ST wagon.
Mine only has key central locking, not remote.

I'd also be interested to know if it might be hiding in there somewhere!!

Sorry, more a piggyback than an answer ;p

damianovdd
2nd May 2011, 05:49 AM
1998 GU - mine have a remote. But i can`t tell you where to look, because i don`t know where is the sensor...

YNOT
2nd May 2011, 07:01 AM
You might have to talk to Nissan spare parts about this question. They need a VIN number to look up parts specific to your vehicle so if it has remote locking capabillity there should be a remote keypad in their parts listing. I would think being an ST spec it should have remote locking.

Tony

Cadbury
2nd May 2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks guys I will give them a call tomorrow.
Cheers
Tim