PDA

View Full Version : Patrol Y62 Census

Patrol Y62
9th July 2015, 05:10 PM
Hi all :) been doing a bit of a census on the Aussie Patrol Y62 Facebook page, to get People to join in the mighty Y62 Community, get an idea of who's who and numbers of Y62s aboard etc.

Sooo if you haven't already Please join the Y62 Facebook page and follow the Y62 Census post or if not into Facebook please post on here a photo of Your Y62 Beast or if soon to purchase, your most likely buy with note of model ST-L, TI or TI-L so I can include you into the census. Thanks Heaps

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2015, 05:24 PM
Errr hello....?

Woof
9th July 2015, 05:26 PM
Hey mate, head over here and post an introduction please http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions , it is something we like all new members to do

Patrol Y62
9th July 2015, 07:52 PM
sorry about that how rude of me... I'll do that right away :)

Patrol Y62
12th July 2015, 12:28 PM
Sooo is there any Y62 Owners on here that I haven't already met? :)
It looks like You have a lot of members and a great set up here :) was hoping to meet some new Y62 sympathisers ;)

just for a bit of FYI so far the Y62 Census has is at roughly 60 Owners with Y62's ranging from mild to wild, and with most being significantly modified and regardless of mods doing big Aus trips and hitting local tracks. I realise this is only a sample of the reported 600 odd sales numbers in 2014 (http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/8D564C5712B3D77ECA257E7E0011475E) but as a percentage of those sampled, does well away from the ignorant claims that the Y62 is a big X-trail for soccer mums and grey nomads blah blah blah
Anyway will be interesting to see the numbers once I count it all up. So as I said before, if your a Y62 Owner please put your hand up and be counted :) Thanks :smiley_thumbs_up:

Patrol Y62
16th July 2015, 03:58 PM
Wow... well I guess I got off on the wrong foot :( please let me explain. I am a member of the Patrol 4x4 forum, Y62 Facebook page and recently you have welcomed me here too :) obviously my main interest is in the Nissan Patrol Y62 as this is my weapon of choice, so here I am. firstly I would never try to take away from Your members here and was only trying to meet as many Y62 owners and interested parties in the beloved Y62 of which I am passionate about as much as any of your other members are passionate about their own 4x4 :) to defend my case, if you re-read my original post I said "if not into Facebook please post on here (this forum) a photo of Your Y62". It was in the context of a single request to all Y62 owners and interested parties. It was just a invitation for your members, if they liked, to additionally join into a larger community and specifically to be counted in a Y62 Census to get an insight into Y62 stats, with no intended connotation to leave this great forum. As for my absence and lack of contribution here all I can say is that with a baby on the way at the time (we had a Baby Girl last night by the way ;) and lots going on, and no real response from your members I have only been checking on here a few times. If anyone has been offended by my bluntness in interest of the Y62 and requesting information and introduction to other specific Y62 owners please except my sincere apology. I hope that clears my name and puts you at easy about my intentions :) So in conclusion I am interested in meeting people with interest in the Y62 as a vehicle and am not a badge purest, basing interest off a vehicles own merits and that fact of ownership. I have no interest in people leaving this forum but only sharing in others and am interested to contribute information on the Y62 and general info that I know or am aware of, directly here or from any source. eg if I know of a answer already covered I will refer the question to that source... If that's not okay and nobody wants to share information or talk with me, I wouldn't worry about banning me as I will graciously just leave... Thanks for the warning and I hope to be sticking around :)

Clunk
16th July 2015, 05:43 PM
Wow... well I guess I got off on the wrong foot :( please let me explain. I am a member of the Patrol 4x4 forum, Y62 Facebook page and recently you have welcomed me here too :) obviously my main interest is in the Nissan Patrol Y62 as this is my weapon of choice, so here I am. firstly I would never try to take away from Your members here and was only trying to meet as many Y62 owners and interested parties in the beloved Y62 of which I am passionate about as much as any of your other members are passionate about their own 4x4 :) to defend my case, if you re-read my original post I said "if not into Facebook please post on here (this forum) a photo of Your Y62". It was in the context of a single request to all Y62 owners and interested parties. It was just a invitation for your members, if they liked, to additionally join into a larger community and specifically to be counted in a Y62 Census to get an insight into Y62 stats, with no intended connotation to leave this great forum. As for my absence and lack of contribution here all I can say is that with a baby on the way at the time (we had a Baby Girl last night by the way ;) and lots going on, and no real response from your members I have only been checking on here a few times. If anyone has been offended by my bluntness in interest of the Y62 and requesting information and introduction to other specific Y62 owners please except my sincere apology. I hope that clears my name and puts you at easy about my intentions :) So in conclusion I am interested in meeting people with interest in the Y62 as a vehicle and am not a badge purest, basing interest off a vehicles own merits and that fact of ownership. I have no interest in people leaving this forum but only sharing in others and am interested to contribute information on the Y62 and general info that I know or am aware of, directly here or from any source. eg if I know of a answer already covered I will refer the question to that source... If that's not okay and nobody wants to share information or talk with me, I wouldn't worry about banning me as I will graciously just leave... Thanks for the warning and I hope to be sticking around :)
Dont mind Tuppa mate, he's just protective of this forum, as we all are. Congrats on the new addition to your family too.

You've probably noticed that we dont have too many members with Y62s here, so if you wouldnt mind helping us out with new info and experiences on these motors, it would be greatly appreciated I'm sure. I find it's so much easier to find info on forums than it is on FB pages.

Bloodyaussie
16th July 2015, 05:53 PM
As clunk has said.... Facebook is killing the forums for revenue to survive and although i use Facebook i find the forums much better for collecting and storing information.. Facebook can get frustrating seeing the same fricking questions asked again..

We need more y62 owners to share in general whether its mods or trips and so on... get apart of our community instead of trying to start one somewhere else..

Look forward to you sharing.

4bye4
16th July 2015, 06:31 PM
As clunk has said.... Facebook is killing the forums for revenue to survive and although i use Facebook i find the forums much better for collecting and storing information.. Facebook can get frustrating seeing the same fricking questions asked again..

We need more y62 owners to share in general whether its mods or trips and so on... get apart of our community instead of trying to start one somewhere else..

Look forward to you sharing.

Agree with everything. Fb is often inhabited with opinionated idiots. This forum does encourage peeps to give an opinion when they know somthing and learn from others when they don't. Typical example on a camping group page on FB the other day a guy had posted some video of him doing a river crossing. First comment "I dun deeper rivers than that". Helpfull? - not really.
Viva la forum.

Woof
16th July 2015, 08:04 PM
Just read your reply and have reinstated the deleted post and removed mine mate.
Hopefully your reply will satisfy our concerned members..........................and a big congratulations on the arrival of your little one:thumbup:

mudski
16th July 2015, 08:09 PM
Agree with everything. Fb is often inhabited with opinionated idiots. This forum does encourage peeps to give an opinion when they know somthing and learn from others when they don't. Typical example on a camping group page on FB the other day a guy had posted some video of him doing a river crossing. First comment "I dun deeper rivers than that". Helpfull? - not really.
Viva la forum.

One of the reasons why I don't have a FB account.

jay see
16th July 2015, 08:19 PM

Me to :thumbup:

Clunk
16th July 2015, 08:33 PM

Me to [emoji106]
It has it's uses, like ..ummmm.........collecting memes [emoji13]

kevin07
16th July 2015, 11:57 PM
don't worry patrol y62 some members here have posted in the census but of coarse on fb we have mostly been using our real names. see I am kevin07 here see what name on fb you can tie into that. have only seen one kev over there.

Patrol Y62
17th July 2015, 12:09 AM
Thank You for the reassuring replies and well wishes :) I agree in most part with you all too, in that forums are definitely better to organise and access useful information from posters than the constantly moving wall on fb and there definitely seems like more people are on it but if you cant beat em... have your cake and eat it too :) also I haven't seen a argument or troller on the y62 fb yet because its nice and specific and a great bunch but mostly its all just different mediums to share with like minded people right :) enough about fb!:) so anyone with a Y62 want to share a pic and some basic details to be joined in the little census im doing? ill put up what iv found so far if anyone is interested?

Stropp
17th July 2015, 12:22 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, yep I would be interested in the y62 info, don't have one and don't see myself being able to afford one but I like Em

Patrol Y62
17th July 2015, 11:30 AM
Here's what I've found a few weeks back, still trying to get more detail lots of gaps but getting there...

PIMPING:
1 ST-L

STANDARD:
4 ST-L, 2 TI, 3 TI-L

WORK IN PROGRESS:
8 ST-L, 0 TI, 7 TI-L

DECKED OUT TOURER:
6 ST-L + 2 from UAE, 0 TI, 3 TI-L

NOT SPECIFIED:
12 ST-L, 2 TI, 12 TI-L

Kms Traveled:
90k 1
80k 1
70K 2
60K 2
50K 1
40K 3
30K 3
20K 3
10K 4
5K 1
NEW 1
NOT SPECIFIED 40

STATE: ST-L TI TI-L
QLD 3 0 4
SA 2 0 0
NT 1 0 0
WA 9 0 3
VIC 3 0 5
NWS 1 0 3
UAE 2 0 0
NOT SPECIFIED:
12 4 9

PROSPECTIVE BUYER: 1
INTERESTED PARTY: 1

Total Numbers: 62 Y62's

ST-L 33, TI 4, TI-L 25

Country-Wide water
27th August 2015, 07:11 PM
Hello . Y62 : Ti-L had two years now , very happy . just had a lift kit fitted made by On track 4X4 ( melb ) , parts sent up to the Gold Coast . paid ARB at Burleigh to fit the parts . Very happy , still a fantastic ride , site approx 50 - 55mm higher . Looks good ... Also located chrome door trims from Perth , fitting those in the morning ...

Winnie
27th August 2015, 07:13 PM
People who wish they had a Y62 patrol: Winnie