PDA

View Full Version : Someone has tried to log into my account

AB
6th July 2015, 06:03 PM
Hi folks,

It seems the bots are back on a few different forums trying to crack people's passwords and they are back here again using a different range of ip addresses as previous.

There is no need to cancel your membership or freak out as it is simply an automated bot with a set algorithm of passwords it uses until after a certain amount of attempts your account will be locked (forum feature) for a short period of time and the bot will move onto another account/forum.

If you do get one of these emails then simply reply to it and say here you go AB. I will get the email and sort it out.

We are a very well aware of it and will fix it again.

In the meantime like with all internet passwords please ensure your current password is adequate.

We suggest capitalise random letters in your password with special characters included and numbers etc.

I personally use words that don't even exist.

An example of a solid password that would almost be unbreakable by a set password list for a bot to attack would be NossaNPootrol767!!

This applies to all your internet passwords especially banking!

We will sort this out like we did before so hang tight.

lucus30
6th July 2015, 06:05 PM
Is my password ok? Pootrol76!

AB
6th July 2015, 06:12 PM
Is my password ok? Pootrol76! not now ;)

Bob
6th July 2015, 06:15 PM
I just use my name as someone suffering from Alziemers I need something easy to remember LMAO

AB
6th July 2015, 06:17 PM
I just use my name as someone suffering from Alziemers I need something easy to remember LMAO well at least spell it backwards ;)

lucus30
6th July 2015, 06:20 PM
not now ;)

whatever do you mean?

the evil twin
6th July 2015, 06:35 PM
I just use my name as someone suffering from Alziemers I need something easy to remember LMAO

well at least spell it backwards ;)

boB?

Awesome idea AB... we should all use it.
It will make resetting forgotten paswords easier as well if we all have the same one.

NissanGQ4.2
6th July 2015, 06:37 PM
It was me trying 2 log into your account Andy, sorry was just trying 2 give myself a pay rise.....won't happen again.........well 2morrow I might try again