PDA

View Full Version : GQ 2.8t glow plug rails

Mr Noss
27th March 2011, 04:09 PM
I am trying to refit the glow plug rails but can not ascertain whether or not there were any insulation washers between the two rails or they just fit on top of each other
could someone have a look and advise
Thanks

YNOT
27th March 2011, 10:03 PM
Bump.

Come on you 2.8 owners help out a brother.

Tony

Mr Noss
28th March 2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks Tony
After 4 hours on internet I found the answer
Regards

Wotan81
22nd May 2011, 02:32 AM
hi Mr Noss. I'm about to attempt changing the glow plugs on my GQ RX 2.8TD. I'm pretty worried as I haven't ever attempted anything this mechanical. Do the rails need insulators? Or, since I haven't taken them off yet, will everything just be there?

thanks,

Linley

Wotan81
22nd May 2011, 02:45 AM
Incidentally, the glow plug specs state that there are two banks - Cylinders 1, 2 and 3 and Cylinders 4, 5 and 6. Is there some esoteric scheme for determining which ones these are or do they just number off from the front of the block? The final three glow plugs are a few mm longer than the first three although the glow element is just the same on all six.

cheers,

Lin

ps - am I biting off more than I can chew changing these myself? At $600 for Nissan to do the work, it's a bit steep.

Mr Noss
9th June 2011, 06:16 PM
Hi Lin
As you say everything should be there. Just dont loose a thing or you will have big problems. You will need a long socket to get them out (and back) You will need spacers between 4,5,6 rails Job is a bit fiddley but not hard.

Sorry for long delay as i have not been around