PDA

View Full Version : diesel bleeding proceedure

pro.020
26th March 2011, 07:31 PM
Hi guys, does anyone know the correct proceedure to bleed the diesel system after changing the filter? I'm having problems getting the vehicle to start.:1087:

growler2058
26th March 2011, 08:11 PM
I'll look for me manual and get back to you tho Tony or one the other lads will prob get to you first. Is it TD42?

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 08:15 PM
Hi guys, does anyone know the correct proceedure to bleed the diesel system after changing the filter? I'm having problems getting the vehicle to start.:1087:

Hey mate - as growlers stated, someone will be along soon to offer assistance .. hope you get it sorted ... then you can come up to Beerburrum tomorrow for a play in the dirt!!! LOL

You're only down the road from me mate - should catch up at some stage for a couple of coldies!!!

Cheers
Scotty

AB
26th March 2011, 08:16 PM
Hi mate, you need to hand pump the diesel through with the plunger thing.

Unscrew the little plastic knob on the side of the plunger, pump the top part of the plunger until you get a good flow coming through then do that little plastic knob thing back up.

I'll take a photo of my one with arrows, etc if you want?

Cuppa
26th March 2011, 08:27 PM
I changed the fuel filter on my TD42 for the first time last week. Owners handbook says to install filter & then pump until resistance (pressure) is felt - pump gets stiffer. I did this, got the vehicle started, but it only ran a short time then died. Pumped again - still wouldn't start. Pumped again, still wouldn't start. Pumped again - started & has run fine since. I think perhaps next time I'll partially fill the filter with fuel before fitting it to save on the pumping effort.

regards
Cuppa

AB
26th March 2011, 08:30 PM
Yep, you probably don't even need to unscrew that side thinngy like what cuppa did. I just pumped my brothers one last week when he ran out of fuel, like what cuppa Said you can feel it pressurising after 10 or so pumps.

growler2058
26th March 2011, 08:30 PM
Just dug up my manual but yeah as AB says.

Ben-e-boy
26th March 2011, 09:18 PM
After pressurizing the pump on the filter you need to crack the banjo bolt where the fuel line connect to the pump iit will let the air out

Benny

benzo
8th April 2011, 01:15 AM
awesome good help guys