PDA

View Full Version : Winnie's Warn hi mount rebuild

Pages : 1 [2]

AB
29th September 2015, 06:50 PM
Wired it up today and it works! it's a beautiful sound when you first turn it on hey?

Bloodyaussie
29th September 2015, 07:13 PM
Wired it up today and it works!

Good stuff mate....

Winnie
29th September 2015, 07:13 PM
it's a beautiful sound when you first turn it on hey?
Clickety clack!!!

Winnie
29th September 2015, 10:07 PM
It was funny having it sitting in my shed for so long and not knowing if it was going to work or not.
Anyway, there are two switch spots conveniently left over =)
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/09/372.jpg

MudRunnerTD
30th September 2015, 01:47 AM
This should work yeah?
Switch the small earth through the isolation switch and run that earth through the little LED light so it is on when there is power to the winch?

Sorry bud i have been away and missed this.

That diagram is fine assuming you want your LED Switched to Earth. it will have constant Positive power based on that diagram. Alternatively i would fit it in line with the fuse on the positive side. I also have the isolation switch on the positive side too.

If you got it working though your done mate. all good.

Winnie
30th September 2015, 07:04 AM
Yep all good and working but didn't have anywhere to put the LED so I've left it out for now... I'll make up some sort of bracket

threedogs
30th September 2015, 07:39 AM
well worth the wait I take it, now to get out on some tracks

Winnie
9th October 2015, 09:35 PM
Kept forgetting about this... Bloody free spool is not working? The knob pulls out but I cannot pull the rope out.

Any ideas?

AB
9th October 2015, 10:02 PM
Kept forgetting about this... Bloody free spool is not working? The knob pulls out but I cannot pull the rope out. Any ideas? have you tried manually rotating the drum back and forward whilst out first?

Winnie
9th October 2015, 10:04 PM
Yeah and I could only seem to be able to move it one way, i.e. in.
I thought that when I got leverage with the rope it would be okay but that does not seem to be the case....

AB
9th October 2015, 10:09 PM
I noticed mine did that a while back and I had to jiggle the release handle a bit and it popped out another mm or two which released it fully.

Had me stumped as well.

Ie; pull handle out and wiggle left and right whilst pulling.

Hopefully mr winch man can shed more light mate.

Winnie
9th October 2015, 10:14 PM
I hope it's as easy as that, I'd really rather not have to pull it out of the bar again... lol

MudRunnerTD
9th October 2015, 10:39 PM
They are a bugger of a thing. You will find that it is likely the brake shaft cam lock has stayed slightly compressed meaning it is engaged. Even after a full rebuild I have had this problem quickly.

So the easy fix is NEVER Use the free spool...... Winch out will winch out nearly as fast as you need the line.

MudRunnerTD
9th October 2015, 10:41 PM
One of the reasons an air freespool is a winner too. Also when running 24v through a 12v motor they don't like reverse so the air freespool with 24v is perfect as winch out sux.

Winnie
9th October 2015, 10:42 PM
Obviously I would rather have the free spool though... hmm what a bugger.

MudRunnerTD
9th October 2015, 10:52 PM
Obviously I would rather have the free spool though... hmm what a bugger.

Yeah you'd think for sure. Truth is though mate when your using the winch in anger the navi would use the free spool to pull the rope out and hook it up then would have to run back and engage the free spool again. Reality is you will winch out every time, they hook you up, winch on and out you go.

Because there is no heat build up its really not an issue.

MudRunnerTD
9th October 2015, 10:53 PM
Pin it and forget it. The navi controls at the headlight help with this too.

Winnie
15th November 2015, 07:45 PM
So I finally got to put the winch to the test! Farrrrk these things are awesome!!
Yes, that is two 80 series =]
http://nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/pb2017/Winnie/DSC_0238_zpstvvqiz3q.jpg

Rossco
15th November 2015, 07:51 PM
Sweet, is that down near the coast somewhere? Looks like fun. Yeah they're a good winch☺☺

Sir Roofy
15th November 2015, 07:53 PM
So I finally got to put the winch to the test! Farrrrk these things are awesome!!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Well done mate but cant you leave the tojo,s alone

Winnie
15th November 2015, 07:56 PM
Sweet, is that down near the coast somewhere? Looks like fun. Yeah they're a good winch☺☺
Yeah it was mate, near McGaurans beach

mudski
15th November 2015, 08:43 PM
Gawd! Your winching out two at once? Would have been pretty embarrassing for the Tojo boys.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Winnie
15th November 2015, 08:54 PM
They thought that the snatch would work but the second car got stuck while snatching, and the snatch was under tension so couldn't take it off and I didn't have enough rope to get to the first car... lol fun times though!

Rossco
15th November 2015, 09:14 PM
Sweet So it pulled both out Yeah? . . . Did you catch any fish? ?

Winnie
15th November 2015, 09:17 PM
Sweet So it pulled both out Yeah? . . . Did you catch any fish? ?
Yep sure did =) had to strap my car to another car though because it was just pulling me into them.
Nah no fish but we got a few crabs, there was some blokes near us who had some good sized salmon

AB
15th November 2015, 10:12 PM
But did you go through it Winnie unassisted to prove the point? ;)

Winnie
16th November 2015, 06:13 AM
Twice... Though i must tell the truth, I was the first to go through and had to use one of the cruisers as a winch point to get out...

jay see
16th November 2015, 07:30 AM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Nice pic..

Sprock
16th November 2015, 10:13 AM

I hope he went through then yelled out " don't know what all the fuss is about - I'm still in 2wd " [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threedogs
16th November 2015, 10:19 AM
Yep sure did =) had to strap my car to another car though because it was just pulling me into them.
Nah no fish but we got a few crabs, there was some blokes near us who had some good sized salmon

Need Lucas to either make some toyota symbols or some
toyota 4x4 so you can put them either on the qrt panel or front guard
Similar to a fighter plane from WW2,,,,lol