PDA

View Full Version : Reversing camera system

Jack989
25th June 2015, 08:16 PM
Hi all, I am looking for some advice on wireless reversing cameras, I want to fit a camera to the rear of my caravan. I need a simple system with monitor plugs in to cigarette lighter socket, & camera connected to the reverse light of van. Any information or recommendations from reversing camera users will be very much appreciated.

ozjeff
26th June 2015, 09:15 PM
Personally I wouldn't go wireless unless it's 1000% proven it will work that far. I have a wireless system in my Patrol when I bought it, it's till there but I bought a new 2DIN stereo and reverse camera, so never use it. Even from just above the rear tyre it's soo slow to connect, laggy and rather unstable in it's image. I'd imagine it would never work on the rear of a c'van and that cost him near $700 2 years ago. Last time I saw similar systems it was around $400.

Bigcol
26th June 2015, 09:38 PM
Jack,
a wireless reversing system is barely any good to the back of your car.... my sisters one farts around and sometimes is sooooo slow in updating the picture, she has already parked by the time it shows.........
and when going from reverse to forward, it will show up someone else reversing (at Caravan parks)
she got hers ONLY for reversing to hook up the Van to the Car
and I hate it

there are plenty of cheap systems on the market - but - buyer beware
there is a reason why they are soooo cheap, and not just because they are made in China or wherever.....

if you DO persist with a wireless system, you will need to get a "Booster" to fit at the front of the Van, as close as you can get to the car - so it can get the signal

you better off with something like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Caravan-Two-Camera-4PIN-System-7-Monitor-HD-12V-24V-Reversing-CCD-Camera-Kit-/252004286852?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3aaca04184

threedogs
27th June 2015, 11:05 AM
If using a 5" sceen on the dash it will need power via a switch and the camera at the rear will require power as well.
Some have constant power to the camera but that doesnt sit right with me, Plenty of systems out there on Ebay.

Cuppa
27th June 2015, 07:12 PM
A camera for reversing is very different to the camera for rear vision whilst driving.

Jack989
11th November 2015, 12:07 AM
thanks guys, come back after along time here.

Jack989
11th November 2015, 12:36 AM
I have recently installed the caravan reversing camera from ppa car audio in Melbourne.
http://www.ppacaraudio.com.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=108

I went to ppa car audio who I have seen sell this product. In the matter of 10 minutes of discussions, they were able to point me in the right direction, were able to arrange to come to my house and install it to my Toyota Land cruiser and caravan. The installation process took 3 hours and I must say I was happy with the result. They offered me a reversing camera and screen package with 2 cameras where one was pointing to my tow ball and the other was installed behind the caravan. They both had night vision.I must say I am happy with the result.