PDA

View Full Version : GQ Petrol/LPG Dual Battery set up

Airstrike
25th March 2011, 10:45 PM
Hi Guys,

I would like to get a dual battery system for the wagon. BUT I have a LPG set up in the typical place of where the second battery would go. Have any of you fitted one to another place? Possibly behind the back seat and before the cage? Or maybe in the very rear of the wagon? I am stuffed trying to work it all out.

Cheers

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 10:47 PM
Hi Guys,

I would like to get a dual battery system for the wagon. BUT I have a LPG set up in the typical place of where the second battery would go. Have any of you fitted one to another place? Possibly behind the back seat and before the cage? Or maybe in the very rear of the wagon? I am stuffed trying to work it all out.

Cheers

Brothers was in the very rear on the opposite side to where the jack is stored.

Airstrike
25th March 2011, 11:06 PM
Maybe thinking of false wall?

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 11:16 PM
Maybe thinking of false wall?

Or shelving in the back and have it under the floor? That just became expensive didn't it?? LOL

Airstrike
26th March 2011, 12:11 AM
That just got alot more expensive. But if your shouting.......... LMFAO

timbar
26th March 2011, 01:58 AM
if u putting in a draw system in the back of the wagon then what u do is the back seat is on an angle and the back of the draw system is at the top of the rear seat then that will give u enough room to put ur second battery between the rear seat and the draw system

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 08:59 AM
That just got alot more expensive. But if your shouting.......... LMFAO

I was ... Couldn't you hear me from the other side of Bris Vegas?? LOL

Again "GET SOME SHELVING INSTALLED!!!!!!!" ...

I wouldn't shout if a shark bit me mate!!! LMFAO

WHITEGQ
14th April 2011, 08:40 PM
Hi,
If you take your patrol to a licensed LPG fitter and have them move the LPG components to the rear of the engine bay, closer to firewall. I dont think it should cost much for them to move it.
Then you should be able to fit your second battery in the normal position they mount them,(left hand side inner guard almost at the front).

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 08:51 PM
Hi,
If you take your patrol to a licensed LPG fitter and have them move the LPG components to the rear of the engine bay, closer to firewall. I dont think it should cost much for them to move it.
Then you should be able to fit your second battery in the normal position they mount them,(left hand side inner guard almost at the front).

Thanks mate, but hard to do with some gas systems. Mine for instance is a bit tight for space, and compacting it together to fit a battery in would make that whole area unworkable - you'd need to rip sh!t out left, right and centre just to take the inlet ducting off as an example ....

chester
23rd April 2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks mate, but hard to do with some gas systems. Mine for instance is a bit tight for space, and compacting it together to fit a battery in would make that whole area unworkable - you'd need to rip sh!t out left, right and centre just to take the inlet ducting off as an example ....Yes and no mate,i have the converter sitting in the back left corner off the engine bay,the second battery sits on top of the inner gaurd like in the diesel's standard spot,in between the battery and the converter is the snorkel.Yes it a little tight but you don't need to rip stuff out to work in there.In saying that i dont have the standard air intake as i have a short snorkel on it.

adamsc57
5th May 2011, 01:54 PM
This is what was done for me by Piranha, fabricating a bracket for the second battery.

When I went back because the alternator was not working the boss Alan said that they sell a bracket that hangs off the same bolts as the radiator overflow. Just need to modify the air intake to get past it. The goose that did the bracket didn't know this was possible...

Anyway it works well where it is. Just needed longer starter cables to reach the front if needed.

Chris

Airstrike
5th May 2011, 03:08 PM
Interesting I shall investigate. cheers for the info mate.

Bigrig
5th May 2011, 03:09 PM
Interesting I shall investigate. cheers for the info mate.

So you're keeping Patch??

Airstrike
6th May 2011, 03:15 PM
Yep keeping patch for now. But buying another patrol aswell

Jadou
28th August 2015, 10:30 AM
Hey guys, im in the same position looking into installing a second battery.

Hoping if anyone could share some photos of their own installations?

cheers

4bye4
28th August 2015, 11:09 AM
Hi Jadou. How about an intro mate.

Mrme4u
25th June 2016, 04:44 PM
Hi anyone got the wiring diagram for a dual battery setup