PDA

View Full Version : Tigerz11 Dominator in GU series IV Std Steel bullbar

Skitzyrex
21st June 2015, 04:14 PM
After looking for a while for some pics that may help with my install, and not finding a lot, I thought I'd take a few for others.
Firstly, before installing, you will need 10x40mm high tensile bolts if using the Hawse Fairlead provided. You will also need to rotate the winch so as the clutch is in the drivers side which means the rope will come off the top side of the winch. This means you will also have to rotate the clutch, of which I used this short video with no problems at all.

http://youtu.be/Nt-VpTs4AUY

Now to the installing, which can be done without removing the bullbar.
I fitted the controller first, just by bashing out the plate in the bar and drilling two 6mm holes. I did have to bend the bracket to a more vertical angle as it was hitting the grille.

Then moving to the winch, just remove the bottom bash plate and get something to hold it in place. I just used some blocks of wood, and my small trolley jack.

You will need to lift it up with the mounting holes facing downwards then rotate it once you have it at the right height otherwise it won't fit.
Before bolting it up, I left the jack holding it in place whilst connecting all the cables as of the small space that there is to work with.
Then just line up the bolts, remembering you'll need the two 40mm bolts and do it up. I initially rotated the clutch 90 degrees which wasn't enough as you couldn't lift and rotate the handle to disengage it.

I then rotated it one more bolt hole towards the bar which is spot on.

Then it's just a matter of putting the hook on, bolting up the bash plate and connect to the battery before testing.

Now, if there were two of you, it may be easier just to remove the bar because of the limited space there is to work with. Just remember if you have aerials, spotlights etc, you have to disconnect all of them before doing so.

AJTich
13th July 2015, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the information Skitz. really good, clear directions..

threedogs
13th July 2015, 03:54 PM
One Question is that right having the rope spool in from the top,
just doesn't seem right to me.??
Other than that great stuff

Covo71
13th July 2015, 05:41 PM
I spoke about the rope from the top or bottom when I bought my winch. Was told it makes no difference as long as you don't change the direction in which it winches in and out (so in is still in and out is still out) because of brake system. I had to turn my winch upside down for it to fit.

Skitzyrex
13th July 2015, 06:39 PM
One Question is that right having the rope spool in from the top,
just doesn't seem right to me.??
Other than that great stuff

Just like Covo is saying 3D. When it's left coming from the underside, there's a huge angle for the rope to come up and out of the fairlead.

Skitzyrex
13th July 2015, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the information Skitz. really good, clear directions..
Thanks mate, I was looking for something like this when I did it and couldn't find anything, so thought I'd do some to help out the next person. [emoji108]

Andy76
12th October 2016, 12:41 AM
Great post thanks should help me a lot when fitting my winch