PDA

View Full Version : Toolangi lunch spots?

Bacho86
20th June 2015, 05:50 PM
Hey guys Headed up to toolangi tomorrow for some 4wding with the kids (4yo and 2 yo), can anyone recommend a nice place to stop for lunch? Is my tanglefoot car park or Emily falls nice? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rossco
20th June 2015, 06:39 PM
Tanglefoot car park is nothing special really but not too bad. Never actually been to Emily ck falls, could be good, might be worth checking out. Horse yards on mt monda rd aren't too bad there's a few views along that road but it's not very out of the way might be busy. . .

AB
20th June 2015, 06:43 PM
I don't mind that little spot near the start of murrindindi scenic reserve camp spot.

I can't remember the name of it but it's the 1st or 2nd second camp spot.

You can cross the water and its a one car spot with shelter and a picnic table.

Bacho86
20th June 2015, 07:43 PM
Tanglefoot car park is nothing special really but not too bad. Never actually been to Emily ck falls, could be good, might be worth checking out. Horse yards on mt monda rd aren't too bad there's a few views along that road but it's not very out of the way might be busy. . .

Thanks rossco I'll keep it mind, if I end up going to Emily falls I'll let you know. Not exactly sure where well be for lunch time so trying to have a few places up my sleeve

Bacho86
20th June 2015, 07:44 PM
I don't mind that little spot near the start of murrindindi scenic reserve camp spot.

I can't remember the name of it but it's the 1st or 2nd second camp spot.

You can cross the water and its a one car spot with shelter and a picnic table.

Thanks AB, sounds like a nice spot. Not sure I'll be headed that far up though. Will be entering from two hills road and kinda tracking south from there generally.

AB
20th June 2015, 07:48 PM
Thanks AB, sounds like a nice spot. Not sure I'll be headed that far up though. Will be entering from two hills road and kinda tracking south from there generally. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk if you want to do an easy but scenic route with the family Kalatha North Track is really cool.

It goes deep into the forest driving under ferns and a slow track cut into a steep hill but easily done solo but very scenic mate.

Bacho86
20th June 2015, 07:54 PM
if you want to do an easy but scenic route with the family Kalatha North Track is really cool.

It goes deep into the forest driving under ferns and a slow track cut into a steep hill but easily done solo but very scenic mate.

Thanks I'll add them as well! I was planning on having a look at; gutter ck rd and not much help track as well - are these any good?

AB
20th June 2015, 07:59 PM
Thanks I'll add them as well! I was planning on having a look at; gutter ck rd and not much help track as well - are these any good? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Do not do not much help track on your own.

Well you could but when you get to the deep hole make sure you go left.

The middle is very deep and your car will be soaked inside and need winching.

Right side has 45 degree tree roots and is ok but the last time I was there go left ;)

Well I went through the middle actually and floated and the carpet got wet.

Bacho86
20th June 2015, 08:05 PM
Do not do not much help track on your own.

Well you could but when you get to the deep hole make sure you go left.

The middle is very deep and your car will be soaked inside and need winching.

Right side has 45 degree tree roots and is ok but the last time I was there go left ;)

Well I went through the middle actually and floated and the carpet got wet.

Hahaha thanks, left sounds good. I'm going with another mate as well who is similarly set up to me.
But given we'll have the wives and kids along not looking to be winching all day, just a bit of fun

AB
20th June 2015, 08:06 PM
Hahaha thanks, left sounds good. I'm going with another mate as well who is similarly set up to me. But given we'll have the wives and kids along not looking to be winching all day, just a bit of fun Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk you'll be fine then mate. It's a good track.

Rossco
20th June 2015, 08:10 PM
Thanks rossco I'll keep it mind, if I end up going to Emily falls I'll let you know. Not exactly sure where well be for lunch time so trying to have a few places up my sleeve

Yeah be good to know what the falls are like. If not might have a squiz next time in up there.

Not much help is a fun track, fairly straightforward apart from that big bog hole. Gutter ck, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is pretty boring.

Bacho86
20th June 2015, 08:30 PM
Gutter ck, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is pretty boring.

That's ok, wife was thinking of doing a bit of driving as well (the patrol is her daily driver), so that maybe a good one to let her have a crack!

Bacho86
21st June 2015, 06:53 PM
if you want to do an easy but scenic route with the family Kalatha North Track is really cool.

Turns out Kalatha North Track was closed for "roadworks" - it looked like the trackway have turned right and kept on going but wasn't on the map and was gettin late so didn't have time to go for a big explore

Bacho86
21st June 2015, 06:56 PM
Yeah be good to know what the falls are like. If not might have a squiz next time in up there.

Not much help is a fun track, fairly straightforward apart from that big bog hole. Gutter ck, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is pretty boring.

Could not find the falls...went up and down a few tracks in the vicinity of where it was marked but didn't have any luck.

Not much help track was a bit of fun and had some good sections.

And spot on with gutter creek road, very boring lol

Bacho86
21st June 2015, 06:58 PM
Tanglefoot car park is nothing special really but not too bad. .

Tanglefoot car park was decent spot for lunch, had a few picnic tables, shelter and toilets

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/06/309.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/06/310.jpg

AB
21st June 2015, 07:11 PM
Turns out Kalatha North Track was closed for "roadworks" - it looked like the trackway have turned right and kept on going but wasn't on the map and was gettin late so didn't have time to go for a big explore Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I think last time I was there a few years ago there was a small collapse of the cut. They're might've been more of it happening and they shut it down to fix.

Bacho86
21st June 2015, 07:23 PM
I think last time I was there a few years ago there was a small collapse of the cut. They're might've been more of it happening and they shut it down to fix.

Yeh i got the feeling it had been closed for a while, there was lots of signs up, chains across the tracks and boulders placed where ppl had made bypass tracks around

Rossco
21st June 2015, 08:08 PM
Tanglefoot car park was decent spot for lunch, had a few picnic tables, shelter and toilets

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/06/309.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/06/310.jpg

Haha My bad. Think i was thinking of the other end of the walking track, whoops!!. . . Looks like a nice day up there ☺

Bacho86
21st June 2015, 08:20 PM
Haha My bad. Think i was thinking of the other end of the walking track, whoops!!. . . Looks like a nice day up there [emoji5]

Hahaha no worries I just thought maybe you had really high standards for lunch spots!

Yeh was a great day, plenty of mud around. A little bit cold earlier on but sun came out later and it was very nice.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/06/312.jpg