PDA

View Full Version : mixed tubes :(

sigurhsig
25th March 2011, 05:47 AM
my name is Sigurdur from Iceland and have a problem that i think you can solv for me.
The breathing tubes from the front diff? i think it goes to the 4x4 case and 1 more place.
I Was changing "grind" and putting under 2004 mod, of "grind" and the other man here blend all the tubes from the change.
Can you help or recomend some info for me?
1000 thanks forward
Sigurd.

YNOT
25th March 2011, 07:00 AM
The breather tube from the front diff goes up into the engine bay. All the Patrols I have seen have seperate breathers for the diffs, transfer case and gearbox. A lot of people fit aftermarket breather kits that link them all together to a filter block high in the engine bay as your friends have done.
I'm not sure what you mean by "I Was changing "grind" and putting under 2004 mod, of "grind".

Tony

Silver
25th March 2011, 09:10 AM
yes, once I realised that the rear diff breather terminated in the cylindrical rear cross member I was less enthusiastic about sticking the garden hose in there to clean it out! Explains why they originally came with plugs at the ends of that cross member I suppose. Must add changing the breathers to the list.....

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 09:32 AM
yes, once I realised that the rear diff breather terminated in the cylindrical rear cross member I was less enthusiastic about sticking the garden hose in there to clean it out! Explains why they originally came with plugs at the ends of that cross member I suppose. Must add changing the breathers to the list.....

Yep - same goes so I lifted the rear one which now sits on the top of the firewall at the back of the engine bay.

boggy2006
25th March 2011, 10:09 AM
I think the front diff and transfer case are factory joined together near the front chassis and then go up to the wing by a solid tube. Not sure about the auto gearbox, maybe doesn't need one due to the dipstick tube? I also ran some tubing from the rear to the front fire wall as it was quite low at the rear

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 10:54 AM
I think the front diff and transfer case are factory joined together near the front chassis and then go up to the wing by a solid tube. Not sure about the auto gearbox, maybe doesn't need one due to the dipstick tube? I also ran some tubing from the rear to the front fire wall as it was quite low at the rear

The transfer case, gearbox and front diff all go up on top of the front wheel arch behind the quarter panel - not sure if or where they are joined though.