PDA

View Full Version : putting commodore seats in a gu

Boagie
25th March 2011, 12:48 AM
i just finished looking at another site re this subject,but was still confused about the details.i am keen to change the seats in my ute before i set off on a big trip.i see alot of crew fit commy seats in their rides.just wondering if anyone on this site has done it to a gu,and could give some details on the job in laymans terms!!!---some pics would be great ----cheers guys

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 09:38 AM
i just finished looking at another site re this subject,but was still confused about the details.i am keen to change the seats in my ute before i set off on a big trip.i see alot of crew fit commy seats in their rides.just wondering if anyone on this site has done it to a gu,and could give some details on the job in laymans terms!!!---some pics would be great ----cheers guys

I've looked into it non-stop. SS seats hit the B pillar, not sure about the fitting of autotechnica seats, falcon seats need the base modified, etc, etc

I'm after something also and I think no matter what, it'll be modification time to the rails.

boggy2006
25th March 2011, 10:11 AM
I've looked into it non-stop. SS seats hit the B pillar, not sure about the fitting of autotechnica seats, falcon seats need the base modified, etc, etc

I'm after something also and I think no matter what, it'll be modification time to the rails.

which would presumably need an engineer's certificate?

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 10:52 AM
which would presumably need an engineer's certificate?

I'd say so - but again, one of those things that most people just do without getting it certified and it's not until the thick blue line (most of them aren't thin!! lol) picks you up.

The other problem which no one has mentioned is that with both seats replaced, even an additional 3/4 inch inward width on both will see you not being able to open the centre console on a GQ.