PDA

View Full Version : Recent trip to the West Coast of TAS

blocko05
12th June 2015, 11:53 PM
I recently went on a boys week to the west coast of TAS and had a ball. Just thought I would share some pics that I took along the way. We stayed mostly between Granville Harbor and the Piemans River. We camped for 2 nights on the beach with a calm 2 meter waves tumbling in. what a great place. We went 4wd every day on different tracks and had a ball. 3 Patrols, 1 Hilux and one Navra and 8 blokes. We are already planning our next trip up the North East of TAS. Hope you enjoy these couple of pics. Cheers

katwoman
12th June 2015, 11:56 PM
Nice. We hope to do Tassie again next year.

blocko05
13th June 2015, 12:27 AM
Thanks Katwoman, best time to be in Tassie is February when we have the best stable weather.

threedogs
13th June 2015, 07:56 AM
Great pics thanks for sharing, I take it your allowed to drive on the beach,
not many places other than Stockton and some beaches in WA allow it.
Nth Wst boy thats wild and windy I think there are still places no one has been lol

blocko05
15th June 2015, 02:09 PM
Great pics thanks for sharing, I take it your allowed to drive on the beach,
not many places other than Stockton and some beaches in WA allow it.
Nth Wst boy thats wild and windy I think there are still places no one has been lol

Hi Threedogs, you are allowed to drive on the beach on quite a few tracks here in TAS. Where these photos were taken, the beach is actually part of the track. We were on the beach for 9km to get to our first camp site. Where these photos were taken was on our second campsite about 3 days into the trip.

taslucas
15th June 2015, 08:55 PM
Yeah, if you weren't allowed on the beach you wouldn't get very far hey!? Lol

Rossco
15th June 2015, 09:37 PM
Cheers blocko looks awesome. West coast tassie is definatly on my bucket list. Have to do a trip one day over there. . .

blocko05
15th June 2015, 10:14 PM
I agree guys, Tassie is an awesome place. You don't need to travel thousands of km just to get somewhere and there is plenty of things to see. If you get the opportunity to make it here you wont be disappointed.

Thanks for your comments