PDA

View Full Version : Factory GQ/Y60 jack and 15" rims - will it fit? Yes with coils, dunno about ute leaf

Silver
25th March 2011, 12:29 AM
G'day,

For all those who know their factory jack fits, read no further :-)

let the back tyre down on the might mav this arve, in the driveway, close to the compressor. The factory jack fitted under the coil spring diff with about 30 -40 mm to spare- bit of a guestimate as the jack was lower than the wheel. I had some doubts that it would with the 15" rims.

So, I didn't need to service and then apply pretty paint to the 3 tonne tojo jack I bought second hand years ago, that is shorter than the factory nissan jack. Note the 2 tonne tojo is lower again.

I have had issues jacking up my dodgy kneed mate's GQ with 15s and the factory jack, but can't remember why - maybe the wheel was off the tar and thus low enough to be a problem.

Still, the pretty red tojo jack won't go to waste, can't have too many :-)

one would think the factory jack would fit under the diff tube with leaf springs, just not under the spring pack.

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 12:34 AM
Thanks mate - good to know as I'm still planning on putting 15's on with 305/70's

YNOT
25th March 2011, 07:24 AM
Thanks mate - good to know as I'm still planning on putting 15's on with 305/70's
A 305/70R15 is not going to be a 33" tyre, it will be smaller.

Tony

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 09:29 AM
A 305/70R15 is not going to be a 33" tyre, it will be smaller.

Tony

Correct - you get a biscuit!! lol

Was still thinking of the R16 when I was going to keep the rims .. duh BigRig! I'll be getting 33x12.5x15's

Thanks mate