PDA

View Full Version : ECUtalk thread / TB42E Injector Flow Rate

NissanGQ4.2
24th March 2011, 06:15 PM
Does anyone happen 2 know the flow rate for the TB42E standard injectors. The injectors have a red top with the number 6g00 on the side, unfortunately I can't find a great deal of info about them :( I did read somewhere standard was 330cc but the guy wasn't 100% sure..

Cheers in advance

Todd

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 09:12 PM
Does anyone happen 2 know the flow rate for the TB42E standard injectors. The injectors have a red top with the number 6g00 on the side, unfortunately I can't find a great deal of info about them :( I did read somewhere standard was 330cc but the guy wasn't 100% sure..

Cheers in advance

Todd

Hey boss - have asked around on this also with no success ... got the timing for when they cut in and out (or something like that) being 3 milliseconds or something?? Don't even know what that means!! LOL

NissanGQ4.2
24th March 2011, 09:38 PM
Hey boss - have asked around on this also with no success ... got the timing for when they cut in and out (or something like that) being 3 milliseconds or something?? Don't even know what that means!! LOL

My old man said he came across some sort of calculator on the net that we should be able 2 use 2 work it out.....will let you know how we go.

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 09:39 PM
My old man said he came across some sort of calculator on the net that we should be able 2 use 2 work it out.....will let you know how we go.

Good stuff mate!

boggy2006
25th March 2011, 08:58 AM
have you seen this thread? Some flow rates part way down the first page

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1727-ECU-Talk&highlight=ecutalk

Dhuck
25th March 2011, 09:03 AM
Good find Boggy

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 09:16 AM
You're a star boggy!!!

boggy2006
25th March 2011, 10:13 AM
no probs. ps I think my ECU talk has finally arrived from Dino, but missed the post yesterday.

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 10:49 AM
no probs. ps I think my ECU talk has finally arrived from Dino, but missed the post yesterday.

F:ck me that took a while!!! As per Tony's posts last night, I'm going to have a tinker today with the variables for gas and petrol and see what I get.

NissanGQ4.2
25th March 2011, 07:00 PM
F:ck me that took a while!!! As per Tony's posts last night, I'm going to have a tinker today with the variables for gas and petrol and see what I get.

Is your beast still working after your play????

Dhuck
25th March 2011, 08:30 PM
it would f@#$%n wanna be since we goin out for the day Sunday

Maxhead
25th March 2011, 08:31 PM
it would f@#$%n wanna be since we goin out for the day Sunday

He's franticly trying to fix it tonight after his little fiddle...lol
He hasn't been on yet

NissanGQ4.2
25th March 2011, 08:32 PM
after Scotties play u might be towing Tank around Duck

Dhuck
25th March 2011, 08:33 PM
Noooooooo

I don't have a tow strap.lol

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 08:57 PM
All good lads .. All good ... Tank is humming!! You can't do the timing and fuel changes using the consult unit I bought - only works with the actual ECUTalk device ... bummer ...

And like I'd let you tow me!!! LOL ...

Bring on Sunday!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
25th March 2011, 09:11 PM
All good lads .. All good ... Tank is humming!! You can't do the timing and fuel changes using the consult unit I bought - only works with the actual ECUTalk device ... bummer ...

Bring on Sunday!!!!

Is it the unit or ecu talks software? You say only works with ECU Talks Device.... are you talking about the display???? I'm sure if you bought there shit looking lead and software it would be no different 2 what u have now

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 09:15 PM
Is it the unit or ecu talks software? You say only works with ECU Talks Device.... are you talking about the display???? I'm sure if you bought there shit looking lead and software it would be no different 2 what u have now

Got the software - but have the Nissan Consult unit and you need to do screen refreshes on the ECUTalk device to upload the firmware updates to it - these updates contain the edits for timing and fuel mix - can't seem to update the consult unit even doing power offs, opening the ecn file with the software etc, etc - but I'm no quitter, someone somewhere would have done it ...

Dhuck
25th March 2011, 09:15 PM

Bring on Sunday!!!!

I dragged you out of a hole I could drive through. Why wouldn't you let me tow you?

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 09:20 PM
I dragged you out of a hole I could drive through. Why wouldn't you let me tow you?

Hahahaha ... damn it ... Thought you might have forgotten that!!! LOL

Hang on, you have dual lockers!!!! B@stard!!! lol

Dhuck
25th March 2011, 09:46 PM
Hahahaha ... damn it ... Thought you might have forgotten that!!! LOL

Hang on, you have dual lockers!!!! B@stard!!! lol

But I did it with no gear oil in the gear box hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 10:30 PM
But I did it with no gear oil in the gear box hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Like oil and grease and air filters and electronics and batteries and relays and fuse boxes and alternators and solenoids and radiators and tyres and suspension and gearboxes and engines and seats and steering wheels and diffs and lockers and panels and nuts and bolts and mirrors and rims make any difference in you rig when you're driving it!!!! roflmfao

Dhuck
25th March 2011, 10:35 PM
No comment on that you just confused the f@#$ out of me

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 10:36 PM
No comment on that you just confused the f@#$ out of me

My work is done here .... lol

boggy2006
25th March 2011, 11:06 PM
Got the software - but have the Nissan Consult unit and you need to do screen refreshes on the ECUTalk device to upload the firmware updates to it - these updates contain the edits for timing and fuel mix - can't seem to update the consult unit even doing power offs, opening the ecn file with the software etc, etc - but I'm no quitter, someone somewhere would have done it ...

just tried mine out tonight. Some good information from it. In ECU talk, did you set the Options-settings-timing offset to -35? Other wise it reads about 50BTDC at idle. With the -35 set, it now reads 15BTDC which seems correct (idle should be 12 but it may have been adjusted for gas). I also notice the injector pulse width changes from 3ms on petrol to 5ms on gas, must be the gas control unit doing that.

Do you reckon you can actually programme new timing values for the engine into it? I thought the firmware on the ECU talk site is just for the LCD display.

Bigrig
25th March 2011, 11:19 PM
just tried mine out tonight. Some good information from it. In ECU talk, did you set the Options-settings-timing offset to -35? Other wise it reads about 50BTDC at idle. With the -35 set, it now reads 15BTDC which seems correct (idle should be 12 but it may have been adjusted for gas). I also notice the injector pulse width changes from 3ms on petrol to 5ms on gas, must be the gas control unit doing that.

Do you reckon you can actually programme new timing values for the engine into it? I thought the firmware on the ECU talk site is just for the LCD display.

Yep, got essentially the same - as per last post, I don't think you can change the settings using the Nissan consult device. How disappointment!!

boggy2006
25th March 2011, 11:57 PM
hmmm, this might change your mind.....give it a try, it allows you to adjust things.

http://rapidshare.com/#!download|247dt|75904423|Nissan_consult_SW.zip|68 14
The 1.4 version worked best. No password needed

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 09:03 AM
hmmm, this might change your mind.....give it a try, it allows you to adjust things.

http://rapidshare.com/#!download|247dt|75904423|Nissan_consult_SW.zip|68 14
The 1.4 version worked best. No password needed

Thanks champion! I'll give it a whirl this morning.

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 10:07 AM
Downloading it now ...

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 10:32 AM
I'm off lads - have a cracker Saturday and chat later. Going to tinker with the software and see if I can still make tomorrow after the changes I make!!! LOL

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 02:33 PM
Well, it's not that hard to do, but I'm stumped - have got the ECUTalk software, the Conzult software, and the Nissan Data Scan software and can't seem to use any of them ... good reporting tools across the board and they all do show error codes etc, however to get the Conzult software to work, you need to buy the full version (the freeware from the download does bugger all) ... thought "oh well, I've come this far, I'll just buy it" and proceed to click on the link for the aussie distributor - site doesn't exist. Send an email to nissandatascan@curl.com.au as per the data scan option - domain curl.com.au doesn't exist ...

One thing I've figured out though real quick smart - don't click on the choices for Cylinders under tests - its starts immediately (don't have to clilck anything) and the car starts misfiring like a beeatch .. got a misfire on cylinder 1 and 4 ... the report told me that!!! LOL ... luckily it doesn't make the change on the ECU, just does it for the test and once stopped and restarted (the engine) everything was all good .. phew ...

Soooooooooo .... I'm thinking we're going to have to have a "ECU Party" ... all get together and do nothing but line rigs up and one by one break them till we get the software happening!!! Who wants to go first?? lmfao!!

Anyone having any level of success with it?

YNOT
26th March 2011, 03:09 PM
I've just changed the title of the thread to better reflect the content of the thread. It will also make it easier for people to find if they are doing a search.

I've read threads on other forums about people using ECUtalk but I don't recall reading about anyone having the problems with it that Scott is having. An "ECU party" is a good idea, put your heads together and you should be able to sort a few things out.

Tony

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 03:14 PM
I've just changed the title of the thread to better reflect the content of the thread. It will also make it easier for people to find if they are doing a search.

I've read threads on other forums about people using ECUtalk but I don't recall reading about anyone having the problems with it that Scott is having. An "ECU party" is a good idea, put your heads together and you should be able to sort a few things out.

Tony

Good thinking mate.

I think those people are using the ECUTalk device with the software - not the Nissan Consult device ... that said, whilst I'm not a complete cabbage head, I would suggest I'm a bit green on this topic ...

NissanGQ4.2
26th March 2011, 03:26 PM
Well, it's not that hard to do, but I'm stumped - have got the ECUTalk software, the Conzult software, and the Nissan Data Scan software and can't seem to use any of them ... good reporting tools across the board and they all do show error codes etc, however to get the Conzult software to work, you need to buy the full version (the freeware from the download does bugger all) ... thought "oh well, I've come this far, I'll just buy it" and proceed to click on the link for the aussie distributor - site doesn't exist. Send an email to nissandatascan@curl.com.au as per the data scan option - domain curl.com.au doesn't exist ...

One thing I've figured out though real quick smart - don't click on the choices for Cylinders under tests - its starts immediately (don't have to clilck anything) and the car starts misfiring like a beeatch .. got a misfire on cylinder 1 and 4 ... the report told me that!!! LOL ... luckily it doesn't make the change on the ECU, just does it for the test and once stopped and restarted (the engine) everything was all good .. phew ...

Soooooooooo .... I'm thinking we're going to have to have a "ECU Party" ... all get together and do nothing but line rigs up and one by one break them till we get the software happening!!! Who wants to go first?? lmfao!!

Anyone having any level of success with it?

i will go first Scotty, I figure I cant break whats already broken.....

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 03:30 PM
i will go first Scotty, I figure I cant break whats already broken.....

No worries boss - trust me, I was not being overly cautious with it!! And still couldn't break anything!! LOL

That cylinder test did stop me in my tracks though - he started running like a pig straight off the bat - the conzult software did suggest I was running a bit rich on petrol the whole time too, but again, couldn't adjust the mixtures.

Good luck with it - sincerely hope you are able to work something out, coz I'm hopeless obviously!!

NissanGQ4.2
26th March 2011, 03:38 PM

Tony

You got me Tony!

Hadn't been at the computer 4 a few hrs, so pressed on new posts.........low and behold here was a new thread titled "ECUtalk thread / TB42E Injector Flow Rate" sweet someone's posted a new thread about ECU Talk and Injector Flow Rates, just what i'm after :) before going into the thread i see it was started by toddrhind........WTF i didn't start that thread!!!!! man i must of had a few 2 many last night....damn i hate when i drink and forget things i do!!!!!! proceeded 2 thread 2 see what the F I started while intoxicated...........Man is that all Tony's changed the thread name........very disappointing!!!!

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 06:39 PM
Just downloaded the Nissan Data Scan 1.51 manual - it looks the goods and the software is $49.95 to purchase. Have sent them a couple of questions regarding patrols and will let you know the outcome. Haven't bought it yet until I know it will work, but the trial version definitely does.

That cylinder test I did before was actually correct - according to the manual, you select the cylinder you want to shut off to ensure it's working (that is, the engine should run rough like mine did) - if no change, then that cylinder has a fuel delivery or ignition issue ... phew, sounds like this could be fun!!!

Maxhead
26th March 2011, 06:51 PM
Just downloaded the Nissan Data Scan 1.51 manual - it looks the goods and the software is $49.95 to purchase. Have sent them a couple of questions regarding patrols and will let you know the outcome. Haven't bought it yet until I know it will work, but the trial version definitely does.

That cylinder test I did before was actually correct - according to the manual, you select the cylinder you want to shut off to ensure it's working (that is, the engine should run rough like mine did) - if no change, then that cylinder has a fuel delivery or ignition issue ... phew, sounds like this could be fun!!!

We'll make a mechanic out of you yet mate...well done. Hope it does what you need it to!!

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 06:57 PM
We'll make a mechanic out of you yet mate...well done. Hope it does what you need it to!!

Thanks mate - don't think there'll be too many mechanics shivering in their boots just yet!! LOL ... if it works, I'm going to share the license (like a group buy - one of the questions I asked) so everyone can download it for free!! Call it my donation to the forum (if they agree on an unlimited license price that doesn't break the bank that is!!!!). That way, you only need to buy the consult device ($27) and a serial to USB cable (the expensive part - online about $40).

Fingers crossed!!

NissanGQ4.2
26th March 2011, 07:09 PM
That way, you only need to buy the consult device ($27)

Lucky mate i paid 50 bucks 4 mine, then a week after i got mine the prices dropped!!!!!

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 07:16 PM
Here is the link to the manual ...

http://www.blazt.biz/downloads/Nissan_Datascan_User_Manual_1.0.pdf

and their website

http://www.nissandatascan.com/

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 08:00 PM
Todd is out testing version 1.4 of the software now - older version, but it appears to not need a registration code! Fingers firmly crossed once more!!

NissanGQ4.2
26th March 2011, 08:41 PM
Todd is out testing version 1.4 of the software now - older version, but it appears to not need a registration code! Fingers firmly crossed once more!!

well i screwed that one up now didn't I!!!

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 08:49 PM
well i screwed that one up now didn't I!!!

I wouldn't say that mate - we are trialling everything at the moment - this is how the best solutions are found, brainstorming every idea!! We'll crack it!! We're not quitters!!

boggy2006
26th March 2011, 09:24 PM
I had a play with the 1.4 software today. Found out a few things and didn't break the engine. It seems that any changes are temporary anyway.

The ignition timing reading seems to be 35deg out, there is a setting on the free Consult software to subtract 35 degrees, but not on the data scan 1.4 s/w. I could retard the ignition, but not advance it.

The A/F ratio setting only seems to work when running on petrol, not gas. Making it too lean causes the engine to run rough. You can see it's lean as the O2 level drops off. Rich seems to be when the O2 level gets above 20 or so.

When I switch to gas, my injector pulse width as idle increases.

When the auto is put into drive, the AAC opens up more to maintain the revs and the injector pulse with increase, so definately more fuel is used if you leave it in drive when stopped at the lights.

As you press the accel, you can monitor if the throttle position and air flow increase smoothly, so could help with diagnosing problems with these.

You can set the coolant temperature, setting it low makes the AAC open up for fast idle. Ironically I had a fast idle problem since I got the car (idling too fast for too long), but it went away 2 days before I got this bit of kit!!

You can use the map trace function to see how the ignition timing and fueling are mapped against throttle position and revs. There isn't a map specific to the patrol but the SRD20 (I think) map seems to work best.

Bigrig
26th March 2011, 09:36 PM
I had a play with the 1.4 software today. Found out a few things and didn't break the engine. It seems that any changes are temporary anyway.

The ignition timing reading seems to be 35deg out, there is a setting on the free Consult software to subtract 35 degrees, but not on the data scan 1.4 s/w. I could retard the ignition, but not advance it.

The A/F ratio setting only seems to work when running on petrol, not gas. Making it too lean causes the engine to run rough. You can see it's lean as the O2 level drops off. Rich seems to be when the O2 level gets above 20 or so.

When I switch to gas, my injector pulse width as idle increases.

When the auto is put into drive, the AAC opens up more to maintain the revs and the injector pulse with increase, so definately more fuel is used if you leave it in drive when stopped at the lights.

As you press the accel, you can monitor if the throttle position and air flow increase smoothly, so could help with diagnosing problems with these.

You can set the coolant temperature, setting it low makes the AAC open up for fast idle. Ironically I had a fast idle problem since I got the car (idling too fast for too long), but it went away 2 days before I got this bit of kit!!

You can use the map trace function to see how the ignition timing and fueling are mapped against throttle position and revs. There isn't a map specific to the patrol but the SRD20 (I think) map seems to work best.

Awesome!!! Can't wait to get the full program!

Sir Roofy
27th March 2011, 10:23 PM
the nissan consult arrived friday,now to work out how to use it,will have to wait till i get another cable in april

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 08:15 PM
Bit the bullet and purchased Nissan Data Scan today - only had a quick play this arvo, but it does what we've been talking about - need to have a bit more of a play to figure it out, then I'll throw up some information.

NissanGQ4.2
28th March 2011, 08:32 PM
Bit the bullet and purchased Nissan Data Scan today - only had a quick play this arvo, but it does what we've been talking about - need to have a bit more of a play to figure it out, then I'll throw up some information.

so whats your activation key *LMAO*

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 09:07 PM
so whats your activation key *LMAO*

What would you say if I said I had two of them in fact??

NissanGQ4.2
28th March 2011, 09:13 PM
What would you say if I said I had two of them in fact??

I would say " give it 2 someone that would buy it off you " as i have your activation code already, remember that file i sent you, well it had a tiny little key logger hidden in it. Sorry about that *LMAO*

Did you get 1 for lappy and desktop? or do u get the 2 when you purchase?

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 09:16 PM
I would say " give it 2 someone that would buy it off you " as i have your activation code already, remember that file i sent you, well it had a tiny little key logger hidden in it. Sorry about that *LMAO*

Did you get 1 for lappy and desktop? or do u get the 2 when you purchase?

Ahhh, so you're the fella that swam the English Channel with no arms and no legs?? You know ... clever dick!!!!! LOL

Yeah mate - dual license for laptop and desktop.

NissanGQ4.2
28th March 2011, 09:30 PM
Ahhh, so you're the fella that swam the English Channel with no arms and no legs?? You know ... clever dick!!!!! LOL

Yeah mate - dual license for laptop and desktop.

how much you want 4 it???

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 09:32 PM
how much you want 4 it???

It's yours boss .. I'll text it to you in the morning (laptop is shutdown). I think you'll need to use version 1.51 and I'll do the upgrade at my end first to 1.6 and let you know once done.

NissanGQ4.2
28th March 2011, 09:35 PM
It's yours boss .. I'll text it to you in the morning (laptop is shutdown).

No worries mate, it will probable take me a few months before i use it. So no hurry Add $$$ and your bank details and i will fix u up 4 it

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 09:36 PM
No worries mate, it will probable take me a few months before i use it. So no hurry Add $$$ and your bank details and i will fix u up 4 it

Not charging you for it champion - let's call it square for the bourbons!!

NissanGQ4.2
28th March 2011, 09:48 PM
Not charging you for it champion - let's call it square for the bourbons!!

nah can't have that, cause that would mean you don't owe me bourbons then *LMAO*

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 10:02 PM
nah can't have that, cause that would mean you don't owe me bourbons then *LMAO*

We can't have that!!! LOL ... we'll come to an arrangement I'm sure ...

NissanGQ4.2
28th March 2011, 10:06 PM
We can't have that!!! LOL ... we'll come to an arrangement I'm sure ...

Did you get any testing done? Besides your quick play

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 10:10 PM
Did you get any testing done? Besides your quick play

Yeah, a little - tested shutdown of the cylinders - that worked. Advanced the timing on petrol (without test driving it) until it started to hiccup, then quickly stopped it! Only went 1 degree at a time but I wanted to know it was actually doing something so kept going until it was obviously advanced to far (about 9 degrees!). Did a base idle test, but have to figure out how to do adjustments there ... and that was about it ...

NissanGQ4.2
28th March 2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah, a little - tested shutdown of the cylinders - that worked. Advanced the timing on petrol (without test driving it) until it started to hiccup, then quickly stopped it! Only went 1 degree at a time but I wanted to know it was actually doing something so kept going until it was obviously advanced to far (about 9 degrees!). Did a base idle test, but have to figure out how to do adjustments there ... and that was about it ...

Good 2 hear, sounds interesting, might have have a few burbs on the weekend and test it out :)

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 10:21 PM
Good 2 hear, sounds interesting, might have have a few burbs on the weekend and test it out :)

Done deal!!

Bigrig
29th March 2011, 11:53 AM
Downloaded and installed version 1.6 this morning - has a few add ons which may be of interest. Will test it out shortly and advise.

NissanGQ4.2
29th March 2011, 07:33 PM
Downloaded and installed version 1.6 this morning - has a few add ons which may be of interest. Will test it out shortly and advise.

And the verdict is......

Bigrig
29th March 2011, 07:39 PM
And the verdict is......

None of you are going to believe this, but in between the occasional post, I've been working all day!!! How rude!!! LOL

Probably suss it tomorrow arvo.

NissanGQ4.2
29th March 2011, 07:52 PM
None of you are going to believe this, but in between the occasional post, I've been working all day!!! How rude!!! LOL

Probably suss it tomorrow arvo.

Well stop working!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait till 2morrow!!!!!!!!!!

Bigrig
29th March 2011, 09:04 PM
Well stop working!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait till 2morrow!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!! Sorry boss - will get onto it as soon as though!!

Dhuck
22nd June 2011, 09:54 AM
Ok ordered my Nissan Consult 2 weeks ago from an Ebay store in Hong Kong and pick it up today. What a bargain the unit and a USB to RS232Cable (also off ebay received beginning of last week from Aussie store) cost me $23 total. Stoked and now can't wait to play.

Sir Roofy
22nd June 2011, 10:02 AM
ok ordered my nissan consult 2 weeks ago from an ebay store in hong kong and pick it up today. What a bargain the unit and a usb to rs232cable (also off ebay received beginning of last week from aussie store) cost me $23 total. Stoked and now can't wait to play.

interested in what you find out about your rig

Dhuck
22nd June 2011, 10:30 AM
interested in what you find out about your rig

Me too. I know there has to be a couple of things requiring attention

Sir Roofy
22nd June 2011, 10:33 AM
me too. I know there has to be a couple of things requiring attention

your rig is pretty good but now youll see how well it realy goes

Dhuck
22nd June 2011, 10:49 AM
I will plug the unit in and see the pigtrol go up in smoke. Seriously like to see what is either missing or stuffed and give it a bit of a tune up.

Sir Roofy
22nd June 2011, 11:02 AM
i will plug the unit in and see the pigtrol go up in smoke. Seriously like to see what is either missing or stuffed and give it a bit of a tune up.

probably just a tune up

Dhuck
22nd June 2011, 11:35 AM
We can only hope mate.

Sir Roofy
22nd June 2011, 11:39 AM
All will be good