PDA

View Full Version : Question About Coolant Twin Containers

giga2011
24th March 2011, 04:17 PM
Hello Experts,

I have a question regarding the two containers for coolant on the right hand side (adjacent to the front passenger's side). One is on top and the other one is at bottom. Let's call the top container as "T" and bottom container we call it "B". The T container has one hose going to engine and another hose linked to the B container. The B container has one hose going to the radiator and another goes back to the T container. Hence the setup looks like this, Engine - A = B - Radiator. Sorry I am not a good artist. :)

My simple question is which container should I fill with a coolant liquid? I notice there is empty container on T and coolant in B container near to "minimum" level. Help......... :(

Many thanks..

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 09:06 PM
Is one of them the wiper water bottle?? LOL!!!

No .... really?

giga2011
24th March 2011, 09:26 PM
Is one of them the wiper water bottle?? LOL!!!

No .... really?

No! Lol...
The wiper water bottle is on the opposite side.

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 09:28 PM
No! Lol...
The wiper water bottle is on the opposite side.

Sorry champion! Couldn't resist, and at least it's back at the top of the list for someone with actual skill and knowledge to answer!! lol

giga2011
24th March 2011, 10:26 PM
Sorry champion! Couldn't resist, and at least it's back at the top of the list for someone with actual skill and knowledge to answer!! lol

Cheers Mike.

YNOT
24th March 2011, 10:40 PM
There are 2 tanks for the coolant. The one with the radiator cap is the pressurised reservoir tank and should be full all the time. The other is the overflow bottle which should be filled the same as any other overflow bottle.

NOTE; Although the cap on the radiator can be swapped with the cap on the reservoir tank, they are NOT interchangable. The cap fitted to the radiator is a sealing cap and the cap fitted to the reservoir tank is a pressure relief cap.

Tony

giga2011
25th March 2011, 12:23 AM
There are 2 tanks for the coolant. The one with the radiator cap is the pressurised reservoir tank and should be full all the time. The other is the overflow bottle which should be filled the same as any other overflow bottle.

NOTE; Although the cap on the radiator can be swapped with the cap on the reservoir tank, they are NOT interchangable. The cap fitted to the radiator is a sealing cap and the cap fitted to the reservoir tank is a pressure relief cap.

Tony

Hy Tony,
That was a quick help. With the emptied coolant containers, is that why some milky green wastage somewhere around the radiator? I think I have problem here. I just noticed few mins ago.
Cheers..