PDA

View Full Version : Single draw with fridge on top

Hodge
4th June 2015, 07:01 PM
Just wondering, does anyone or has anybody seen a single draw, with a fridge slider on top fitted in a GU ? I for one, am not a fan of full draws taking up full real estate of the rear area.
I know single draws etc exist, but I'm curiouss, how it's mounted to the floor. Full draws have a full board of some sort going all the way across and bolted down or whatnot...

This is what I'd like and one of few photos I found (photo is not of a GU).

Thoughts ?

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58553&stc=1

Clunk
4th June 2015, 07:03 PM
looks like the one in the photo has a full board at the bottom, so no doubt utilizes the the usual bolt holes

AB
4th June 2015, 07:10 PM
looks like the one in the photo has a full board at the bottom, so no doubt utilizes the the usual bolt holes As above mate and is what I did with mine but no drawer just the box around fridge slide with oven above.

I know a lot of people have the fridge ontop of drawers but the height of the fridge must annoy the ship out of the misses in finding stuff in the fridge unless their 6 foot plus.

Stropp
4th June 2015, 07:11 PM
drawers usually have an open frame you bolt in then bolt the drawer frame to that or thats how mine is anyway. i have two drawers and a double floor with no rear seats for extra storage and because its flat i can sleep in the side that there is no fridge.

Clunk
4th June 2015, 07:26 PM
when funds permit, I'd like to get something on the lines of this, but have it so each section is separate and easily removable. So I can either take the fridge section out and keep the drawer in, or remove the drawer and keep the fridge section in. Or keep both in.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/06/67.jpg

Winnie
4th June 2015, 07:28 PM
Have a look on the full boar fourby drawers website. He made my drawers and they're awesome. Can do all custom jobs and he would have done a single drawer befoee

Bacho86
4th June 2015, 07:57 PM
Heard good things about full boar one as well, I checked them out at the recent wallan show and they looked nice a nice bit of gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge
4th June 2015, 09:13 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies folks. As I said, above I'm not a fan of a full drawer setup. Ideally, I'd like one draw, fridge on top. One draw for basic tools and stuff constantly in the car. Rather than have a full draw setup fitted full time, adding weight to the car wherever you go. If I was travlling more often, then fair enough. But a trip here and there doesn't warrant a full setup imo.

As above mate and is what I did with mine but no drawer just the box around fridge slide with oven above.

I know a lot of people have the fridge ontop of drawers but the height of the fridge must annoy the ship out of the misses in finding stuff in the fridge unless their 6 foot plus.

Top idea mate. I like it. I'm thinking of just the base, which won't raise the floor that much, and box the fridge in @ floor height and then add/stack everything else around it including my travel buddy on top!

Something like this. But obviously carpetted etc...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58555&stc=1

Have a look on the full boar fourby drawers website. He made my drawers and they're awesome. Can do all custom jobs and he would have done a single drawer befoee

Yes I have spoken to this bloke in person I think, in Sunbury as we were working few doors down from his place... Thanks!

Winnie
4th June 2015, 09:23 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies folks. As I said, above I'm not a fan of a full drawer setup. Ideally, I'd like one draw, fridge on top. One draw for basic tools and stuff constantly in the car. Rather than have a full draw setup fitted full time, adding weight to the car wherever you go. If I was travlling more often, then fair enough. But a trip here and there doesn't warrant a full setup imo.

Top idea mate. I like it. I'm thinking of just the base, which won't raise the floor that much, and box the fridge in @ floor height and then add/stack everything else around it including my travel buddy on top!

Something like this. But obviously carpetted etc...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58555&stc=1

Yes I have spoken to this bloke in person I think, in Sunbury as we were working few doors down from his place... Thanks!
Nah he is based in Korumburra.

Hodge
4th June 2015, 09:32 PM
Ok maybe it's not the bloke I was talking to then... Will still look at theirs. Spewing I missed them as they were at the show weekend gone and I can't remember seeing them.
I checked out http://grunt4x4.com.au/ and they have a grouse modular setup, very light too.

Bigcol
4th June 2015, 09:47 PM
on my car ('99 GU) I have a home built one

draw on drivers side
fridge slide on passenger side
the fridge area is NOT boxed in like most, but when the fridge is not there, there is a flat board that fills the hole, so it is level across the top

Clunk
4th June 2015, 09:52 PM
on my car ('99 GU) I have a home built one

draw on drivers side
fridge slide on passenger side
the fridge area is NOT boxed in like most, but when the fridge is not there, there is a flat board that fills the hole, so it is level across the top

Where do you think I got my idea from

LaughingBeagles
5th June 2015, 12:28 AM
Mate another option is to get in touch with Luke at Drifta. I ordered my drawers from him and nothing was too hard. I am sure his team could knock up something for you no probs at all.

Check them out here: http://www.drifta.com.au/4wd-drawers/

threedogs
5th June 2015, 12:01 PM
Just wondering, does anyone or has anybody seen a single draw, with a fridge slider on top fitted in a GU ? I for one, am not a fan of full draws taking up full real estate of the rear area.
I know single draws etc exist, but I'm curiouss, how it's mounted to the floor. Full draws have a full board of some sort going all the way across and bolted down or whatnot...

This is what I'd like and one of few photos I found (photo is not of a GU).

Thoughts ?

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58553&stc=1

OOI how are you going to access your fridge, with that set up.
Do you use your rear seats? I mounted my fridge behind the driver.
No drilling just picked up existing bolt holes.

Clunk
5th June 2015, 03:35 PM
Stand on a box if your short or use a MSA drop down fridge slide

Winnie
5th June 2015, 03:41 PM

I have my fridge on top of my drawers and have no trouble. Even Amy just steps onto the tow bar if she has to look in there.

threedogs
5th June 2015, 03:51 PM
Stand on a box if your short or use a MSA drop down fridge slide

not many can afford what they want for a drop down fridge slide. Over priced if you ask me
MSA had one then Black widow pushed up the price, but then again BW never had an original product
of their own, from what I saw

Clunk
5th June 2015, 03:52 PM
not many can afford what they want for a drop down fridge slide. Over priced if you ask me
MSA had one then Black widow pushed up the price, but then again BW never had an original product
of their own, from what I saw
Well you asked, I gave 2 solutions [emoji12]

threedogs
5th June 2015, 04:02 PM
Milk crate $0 drop down fridge slide $800 plus
HHHMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm