PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Screen

Mark
6th July 2010, 07:55 AM
No biggie, just the wife's GU 2001 screen on the stereo has blacked out.

The stereo still works fine so I'm guessing the fuse is ok.

I havent had a look at it yet but does anyone know if theres fuses inside the stereo that could short out?

Has this happened to anyone or do you just buy a new standard stereo for it?

Cheers all.

patch697
6th July 2010, 08:37 AM
I've not had it happen mate but I can only foresee 2 things going wrong here: 1 is the LED backing light is fried which would normally mean the buttons wont light up as well or the display itself has fried ether way I think it might be time for a newby.

See if anyone else has any ideas on this. there maybe something im overlooking but I don't think so.

Cheers
Paul

NickBGU4
9th July 2010, 08:08 PM
As patch697 said, it sounds like the backlight in the LCD display has blown, probably not worth repairing and would be better to replace the stereo. I have a stereo from my GUIV that is just sitting here gathering dust, as far as i know it works perfectly, all yours for the price of postage if you want it.

Mark
12th July 2010, 11:08 AM
Fantastic, thanks for that mate...Ill send you a PM now.

Appreciate it!

patch697
12th July 2010, 11:52 AM
Fantastic, thanks for that mate...Ill send you a PM now.

Appreciate it!

Don't forget to ask for the code?

Cheers
Paul

Mark
12th July 2010, 12:20 PM
Don't forget to ask for the code?

Cheers
Paul

haha, yep just remembered that when i was PMing him.

Cheers mate.

Syros GUIII 4.8
29th July 2010, 09:12 PM
if all else fails i have a factory 2 din head unit with a stuffed cd player if you pay postage i will send it to you just swap the screen around and it should be ok might require a bit of soldering but i will pop the top and have a look in the morning and see how hard it is to remove. It is green LED double din tape & cd

Mark
30th July 2010, 11:04 PM
if all else fails i have a factory 2 din head unit with a stuffed cd player if you pay postage i will send it to you just swap the screen around and it should be ok might require a bit of soldering but i will pop the top and have a look in the morning and see how hard it is to remove. It is green LED double din tape & cd

Thanks for your kind offer mate but Nick has also kindly sorted me out with a standard stereo for the GU. Appreciate the offer though Syros, cheers!

Just for the record, did you pop it off? How hard was it to remove?

Syros GUIII 4.8
7th August 2010, 01:37 PM
bit of a mission but if you take your time it is not that bad just a bit fiddly and you will what some good electronic tools it's not that bad

Chappy0871
17th August 2010, 12:54 PM
Sounds like a good excuse to update the head set. Get in quick