PDA

View Full Version : Das trip

HuskyInAuz
30th May 2015, 05:59 PM
Okay departed home at 0510, passed through Albion Park (cheap fuel for us Illawarra folks) but since the headlights and new light bar were pointing towards low earth orbit altitudes decided to go up Buli with minimal fuel. Heck Costco is right next to the motorway in Casula. Well taking on 120l of fuel and the lights did indeed point skyward.

Well Albion park was cheaper by 2 cents per litre. The M2 was a joke along with the M1 connector.

With the roof rack having been loaded up I decided to stay at 100 or so and made a couple stops for breaks arrived at Nambucca Heads at 1415.

So tomorrow we go to Oxenford and then Monday to Performance to have upgraded turbo installed.

Off to Alice after the install

NissanGQ4.2
31st May 2015, 07:18 AM
The big Q is did the redback bag arrive before you left?

Have a safe trip Scott

HuskyInAuz
1st June 2015, 03:45 PM
Okay, survived 60+mm of rain at Nambucca Heads and packed up the CT under another downpour. Luckily we only had it packed up for about 5 hours until we got to Helensvale in QLD where we setup Sunday night.

Took the 'trol to Performance this AM and hopefully will pick it up Tuesday AM. Dale and partner (who I didn't meet but saw) do have a shop, lot's of equipment and are very, very busy. Better yet, both drive 4.2's .. !!, one a GU the other a Cab. While I was dropping mine off another 4.2 cab was dropped off, nice setup for touring/camping.

Hopefully pictures tomorrow!!

HuskyInAuz
10th June 2015, 09:38 PM
The big Q is did the redback bag arrive before you left?

Have a safe trip Scott

Yes it did!! It was black, then RED until this AM but there still is a red hue to it.

HuskyInAuz
10th June 2015, 09:58 PM
End of Tanami
Failed:
-Seals on CT for many of the compartments, my compartment gets a C- as I had one spot which allowed dust. Worst was kitchen and left wheel well compartment.
-Brown Davis 80l Aux tank, baffle weld cracked and is allowing fuel to drip, drip, drip out. Called distributor and sent pictures, I did not hit anything the bottom of the tank is a smooth as a babies butt.
- Some door seals on Patrol allowed a little bit of bull dust in, not a lot.

Impressed:
- New turbo
- Amanda Extreme Shocks and lift. 90-100 kmh on corrugations were very smooth, although we did hit one area where EVERYONE, including some opposite direction Road Trains that were crawling along it... worst went on for 10-15k.

A lot of the trip was pretty good surface, many rocks on the WA side, lots of bull dust on the NT side, but they also had some blacktop sections too. One was out in the middle of the Tanami, wonder how much that cost to bitumen.

HuskyInAuz
10th June 2015, 10:02 PM

HuskyInAuz
10th June 2015, 10:08 PM
I have no idea why the first picture of the last three posts are rotated anti-clockwise 90 degrees, they are not that way prior up loading.

Brown Davis Aux tank leak... I hope they stand by the product, as you can see, the bottom doesn't have impact damage.

HuskyInAuz
9th July 2015, 06:05 PM
Brown Davis had the tank removed and welded in Broome, five nights in the PCYC park, yuk.....
Best view of Broome was in my rear view mirror headed up to Cape Levique.... Lots of bull dust, like driving in a flat and sometimes very narrow half pipe. Car carcasses all about.

After a week or so there off up the Gibb motorway... Reminded me of the Parramatta Road sometimes with all the traffic. Spent a week at a station and had a great site, if the weren't mustering we could have went even further away and camped. Lots of rock art.

Finished the Gibb and spent time in Wyndham, which I really liked that area, then because of some activities in the old country hung around Kununurra for two nights and used our friends Internet, scanner and printer. The Caravan park was a joke 'Lakeside' only two good points, bistro/bar and they took pets (Joe's having a great time). One night in Katherine was enough so we headed up to Bing Bong area.