PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for easter

Dhuck
23rd March 2011, 09:53 PM
Any one got any. Throwing out there before I start thinking to hard.

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 09:54 PM
We're going to Coffs Harbour to get on it for 5 days with some mates from Sydney!!! Was that what you meant?? LOL

Dhuck
23rd March 2011, 09:56 PM
No was thinking going wheeling for a few or small tour or something

Maxhead
23rd March 2011, 10:00 PM
Gonna go somewhere I haven't been before for easter and Anzac Day and then go and and wake up early to respect our Anzacs on the 26th. I hope I'm in some small town where the tradition still continues strong.....

Woof
23rd March 2011, 10:13 PM
Gonna go somewhere I haven't been before for easter and Anzac Day and then go and and wake up early to respect our Anzacs on the 26th. I hope I'm in some small town where the tradition still continues strong.....

You may be a bit late Kris, Anzac Day is the 25th mate unless they have changed it due to easter, will have to check up on that one myself.

molongmick
23rd March 2011, 10:13 PM
Blue Mountains

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 10:28 PM
No was thinking going wheeling for a few or small tour or something

Can do that too!! The week we get back!!

Dhuck
23rd March 2011, 10:34 PM
Was thinking maybe Sundown NP. I have never been there but have heard it's a nice place. Is all granite country. Otherwise I was also thinking of buying the latest Dirty Weekends book and combining a couple of the new treks in it that weren't in my old one.

Maxhead
23rd March 2011, 10:38 PM
You may be a bit late Kris, Anzac Day is the 25th mate unless they have changed it due to easter, will have to check up on that one myself.
Mate, you're absolutely correct. I was thinking and typing of the holiday we have on Tuesday the 26th:oops:

Dhuck
23rd March 2011, 10:40 PM
Mate, you're absolutely correct. I was thinking and typing of the holiday we have on Tuesday the 26th:oops:

All I think about is holiday. Not special days. I always forget what days they are.

katwoman
23rd March 2011, 11:00 PM
Easter? mmmmm chocolate !!

Finly Owner
23rd March 2011, 11:18 PM
no you are rght Wayne

Finly Owner
23rd March 2011, 11:21 PM
our club is doing trip to straddie, but i have rellies from luddenham coming up, so we may got to binna burra or oriellys.

Dhuck
23rd March 2011, 11:29 PM
Thats where some of my rellies were from Tim. How long they been in that area?

YNOT
23rd March 2011, 11:31 PM
our club is doing trip to straddie, but i have rellies from luddenham coming up, so we may got to binna burra or oriellys.

If you go to O'reillys go up Duck Creek Road. Much more interesting and about 200 less corners, although it is dirt so take it easy if it's wet.

Tony

Finly Owner
23rd March 2011, 11:43 PM
If you go to O'reillys go up Duck Creek Road. Much more interesting and about 200 less corners, although it is dirt so take it easy if it's wet.

Tonythey may be coming up in failane not Pajero, so we all can't fit in Finly, so may have to take longer windy rd.

Finly Owner
23rd March 2011, 11:45 PM
Thats where some of my rellies were from Tim. How long they been in that area? emu plains etc I think approx 7yrs

Dhuck
23rd March 2011, 11:49 PM
Only short timers. Mine were all around Camden, Luddenham, Mulgoa you get the drift. The family I was interested in now live in a Pioneer Cemetery out that way.

Silver
23rd March 2011, 11:50 PM
Sundown is nice - dunno if it has any challenges for you blokes who have fully optioned rigs......that said, we were there a few years ago, and observed a track that was quite steep, quite loose, and straight up a bit of an incline. It was surrounded by she oaks - you know the ones, giants have trunks that are about 60mm thick.

On this track we saw a big big pool of engine oil that had soaked in - suspect a leg was thrown out of bed, i.e. conrod through the block, as no rocks big enough to damage a sump.

We also saw several of those skinny she oak trunks ringbarked from winching!! Maybe they used them to recover the oil leaker?

We tend to stay home at Easter because of the traffic and the inevitable rain :-)

You'll see some deer there as well.

Finly Owner
23rd March 2011, 11:52 PM
Only short timers. Mine were all around Camden, Luddenham, Mulgoa you get the drift. The family I was interested in now live in a Pioneer Cemetery out that way.
The dead centre of that area.

Dhuck
23rd March 2011, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the run down mate. It is actually one of the treks in the old Dirty Weekends book and a couple of others Ihave

Dhuck
23rd March 2011, 11:54 PM
Thats the place

Silver
24th March 2011, 02:42 AM
Small world, I went to school at Emu Plains primary - both the old and new school when it was first built.

Dhuck
24th March 2011, 08:17 AM
Is a bloody small world. Not enough places to get out and 4b. lol

AB
24th March 2011, 09:37 AM
Come down to Tocumwal mate on the border of Vic and NSW....lol

It's a great spot...We always camp on the NSW side which is harder to get into so the teenage party animals in their commos don't go on that side.

Massive river, sand banks about 80m wide, close to town, fishing, drinking, eating, fishing, eating and drinking and fishing and eating!!!

Dhuck
24th March 2011, 09:46 AM
Come down to Tocumwal mate on the border of Vic and NSW....lol

It's a great spot...We always camp on the NSW side which is harder to get into so the teenage party animals in their commos don't go on that side.

Massive river, sand banks about 80m wide, close to town, fishing, drinking, eating, fishing, eating and drinking and fishing and eating!!!

Sounds good mate, but don't have the funds to go that far atm

rkinsey
24th March 2011, 02:09 PM
Im taking the family to Batemans Bay and staying at Depot Beach about 15 minss north of Batemans Bay. From there we are going to explre the area in behind Mogo and of course go to the Mogo Zoo.

Fishing
4W driving
and relaxing.

No Computers, mobile phones or TV and definately no users saying "Rob, I cant turn on my PC....etc etc"

Cheers,

Rob

Manuel
24th March 2011, 02:41 PM
Quobba - great fishing, camping, etc.
Even camp at Luckybay in kalbarri

Finly Owner
25th March 2011, 12:13 AM
Small world, I went to school at Emu Plains primary - both the old and new school when it was first built.so you must be young then

Sir Roofy
25th March 2011, 11:49 AM
Not sure if the boss has to work but i coudnt think of any thing better than to spend a couple of days with my grand son,hes only 2 and a bit but smart as a whip he,ll be in the bush before we know it

Silver
25th March 2011, 01:53 PM
so you must be young then

middle aged :-)

Bob
25th March 2011, 03:06 PM
This year the Easter Break is for 5 days and for the first time in ages I am not going anywhere (Family Commitments) . A bit of a Bummer but will probably do a couple of Day Trips with some Fishing thrown in.

If anyone is up near Jamieson that is a good place to attend the Anzac Day Service