PDA

View Full Version : MQ SWB Drawer Build

blocko05
24th May 2015, 06:30 PM
Hi Guys,

I have decided to build a set of Drawers for my MQ SWB. I know there are a fair few posts here on drawers but I just wanted to share. I have spent the last 6 weeks reading other peoples posts on this forum and other forums alike. I have taken some ideas and then set about making something that suits me and my needs. This will take me a couple of weeks to complete so please bare with me.

I will be building it with 12mm CD ply and I will be making the sliders my self with roller bearings and 50x25x3mm aluminum RHS. I have also used T nuts as well. I have also purchased some flush mount tie downs that will be on top of the drawers for when they are needed. The drawers will also be used as a sleeping platform as well. I will be using anti slip material for the top and just paint for the remainder ( I only use the vehicle for off road use only and don't need anything fancy).

Here a some pics of what I have done so far.

blocko05
27th May 2015, 08:13 PM
here are some more photos of the progress so far.

I have made the drawers as well as trial fitting the fridge. I placed some holes in the sides of the drawer with the fridge for the fan to blow air with less restriction.

blocko05
31st May 2015, 03:10 PM
I have now installed the drawers. just need to make the wings as well as finishing the fridge cabling.