PDA

View Full Version : BullBar Plans wanted

Hendo 70
23rd March 2011, 12:39 PM
Hi Guys,
I am considering building my own Winch capable Bull Bar for my GQ, I have access to all the equipment to fabricate but was wondering if anyone had built one and happend to have plans for it please.

Thanks

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 12:43 PM
Fabrication?? You're a brave man!!! LOL ... I think I am still banned by the authorities from ever using a welder again!!! LOL

Hopefully someone will be along with something mate - can't wait to see it if you decided to have a lash yourself. What are the legal requirements for doing this though??

Hendo 70
23rd March 2011, 12:51 PM
LOL, I've designed a Cradle for it to be mounted betrween the chssis, behind the original Alloy Bullbar but will require me moving the Bar forward a little to make adequate room for it to fit, just thought someone may have built one from scratch and had Plans to save me Mounting the winch and Building the New Bar Around it. I have acces to Brake Press, Guillo and benders etc.

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 12:52 PM
There is a couple of lads on here handy with the welder, and a few who are involved in fabrication also, so hopefully (without doing them out of business!! LOL) they may be able to assist.

XLR8
23rd March 2011, 02:13 PM
without giving away too much, type in GQ Tube Bar as a search in MSN or Google Images. There are heaps of different designs around and from these I'm sure you will come up with something unique.

Be careful that when you do it, your design meets ADR and AS4876.1. Here are some links I posted in another thread that will help you

Summary of AS4876.1 2002 (full version available for purchase SAI Global) - https://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/conn...+for+bull+bars

Current Bull Bar design guidelines in Western Australia (presumably the same as other states as based on AS4876.1 2002 - http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media..._VS_CI_112.pdf

timbar
23rd March 2011, 02:19 PM
i built one for my fj45 years ago but was way tooooo heavy duty for road use i know this cause it took 3 blokes to lift it and when i hit a tree on a gravel track one day at around 80kmph it didnt kink at all i made it out of 5mm chanel and 3mm x 80mm square tube and yeah was tough no good for what u want though

Hendo 70
23rd March 2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks XLR8,
I will take a look at the links and do a search.
Hoping someone makes it easier for me & has the plans, otherwise might go with my previous plan of mounting the winch first and building the Bar around it.

Finly Owner
23rd March 2011, 11:37 PM
Although this is not a winch bar look close at ALL the lights

I liked this rig, so I asked to take pics.

YNOT
23rd March 2011, 11:56 PM
Although this is not a winch bar look close at ALL the lights

I liked this rig, so I asked to take pics.

That looks tough but how does any air get into the radiator?

Tony

Finly Owner
24th March 2011, 12:10 AM

TonyMud cooled..................!

Patrol Tico
4th September 2011, 10:50 AM
I also want some of that for my trol.

qalzaeem
26th September 2011, 08:18 AM
Yes,that will befine and good feeling.

patch697
26th September 2011, 12:29 PM

Tony

This bloke obviously hasn't heard of HID's Tony. Either that or he's as blind as a bat.......................lol