PDA

View Full Version : Prep work 'trol and CT

HuskyInAuz
19th May 2015, 09:07 PM
Okay, less than a week to go before going ... west .... no first north then west.

Turbo installation shop, local (within 90km) called at 1200 today to let me know they couldn't slot me in like he thought :(..
I was somewhat speechless as this early AM let Performance 4x4 know I was going to have in installed locally versus coming up there on the 26th ... I quickly called P4x4 back and they slotted us in on the 27/28th..

So finished installing a split Anderson plug to mid 'trol section (seats have been removed) so we can have the second (smaller) frig right behind the passenger seat and next to Joe versus a cigarette socket extension. Installed a 22" OPT7 light bar I muled in my suitcase from the states (yes I declared the value .. $159.. check their reviews out :).

CT, installed a Ctek 250S Dual and then uninstalled it, looked at the 20A charger and decided the battery back was too big (Monday).. RTFM, what a waste of time, 2 hours, only 20A, should have bought the SmartPass instead.

Tuesday, reinstalled the Ctek 250 after a lot of reading and rewired about half the panel added a merit plug in the rear and then ran 6mm wire to where 80L frig is at versus the 4mm ..

Tore out the rear platform jerry can and BBQ box .. I'd save a fair bit of time if I quit prototyping and just did it right the first time.

Started raining so now I have to wait for the canvas to dry before finishing the solar panel holders on the new box and weld the new jockey wheel holder on (thanks Steve (Kat);) for adding to my list.

Tomorrow;
Take 'trol for service and through going over by local mec who owes and drives a 'trol. Replacing or taking with me belts, filers, air and oil, and just double checking.
Finish rear platform on CT, securing jerry can and BBq box. Finish off the 6mm frig wire, rewire the front white reflector lights, remove one shock and run to town and get a spare (mfg doesn't have a part number for it.. thinks it's off a 'cruiser)

threedogs
20th May 2015, 11:45 AM
why not fit new hoses and belts and keep the old ones as spares.
must be getting toey now eh.lol

rusty_nail
20th May 2015, 11:52 AM
good stuff mate, looks like its all coming together. where is performance 4x4? if its anywhere near me, call in for a cuppa on the way home mate!

HuskyInAuz
21st May 2015, 05:56 AM
Capalaba .. QLD. We are going to take the CT with us and head west from there.

HuskyInAuz
27th May 2015, 11:18 PM
Okay few more pics, Ctek DC to DC module before wire ties ..

HuskyInAuz
27th May 2015, 11:22 PM
Rock flaps installed, tight corners checked.. now finish bloody paperwork and GO!!

58370 58371

Kat, show Steve the new jockey wheel setup per his recommendation ;)

FNQGU
27th May 2015, 11:37 PM
Husky - you've obviously been doing your research, but it might pay to just take a second look at using 6mm wire for your fridge mate. 6mm Auto cable (if that is what you are referring to) is not the greatest for fridges. If you are running any sort of decent lengths of cable then you are going to run into voltage drop. 8mm Auto cable is about the same as 8B&S cable in Square mm, and is a much better option.

An alternative if you have already wired in the 6mm stuff, is to double it up.