PDA

View Full Version : The Barn Doors - Rattles

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 11:47 AM
Howdy

Quick one, I know of threads on here regarding tightening of the hinges etc, but has anyone replaced the plastic lining that goes on the latches where the barn doors close and lock onto (one on the roof line for the large door, one on the small door itself)?? Mine rattle like no tomorrow and I have put duct tape on them which solves the problem short term until it wears through again. Does anyone know if a more permanent solution?

YNOT
23rd March 2011, 11:58 AM
The strikers are captive so there is no way to slip a teflon lining or similar over in any permanent way that I know of. Do the strikers come out of the factory with a lining on them? If they do then replacement is probably the best option.

Tony

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 12:00 PM
The strikers are captive so there is no way to slip a teflon lining or similar over in any permanent way that I know of. Do the strikers come out of the factory with a lining on them? If they do then replacement is probably the best option.

Tony

Thanks mate - yeah, they come with a fairly heavy grade plastic sheath, but it has worn, perished and cracked away over time - might be a trip to a wreckers!!! Still, hoping someone may have faced this before and come up with an ingenious solution that I can steal!! LOL

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 12:11 PM
Being the impatient type I am (lol) I just ordered some from Patrolapart - upper striker with plastic coating, the two others on the barn doors and the plastic "seat" that the large barn door slots into at the bottom - $28 delivered!!! Bargain and will hopefully sort it for a fair while ... they're a good bunch down there!!

YNOT
23rd March 2011, 12:44 PM
You would have been doing well to find any at the wreckers that were not already worn.

Tony

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 12:51 PM
Too true - I figured that also, and for $28 it's not worth the effort of ringing around to find one, driving somewhere to pick it up, and more than likely having to go rip it out myself anyway ..

Rob L
26th October 2011, 08:43 PM
the nylon was worn on all my doors but i found you can take em off, spin them around and then get a second run out of the unused side