PDA

View Full Version : Home made rear step duel wheel carrier

Ton99Pat
22nd March 2011, 11:01 PM
Hi all

I own a 1999 4.2lt GU Patrol

just new to this site was looking for plans or anyone who has designed or built a steel rear step with duel wheel carrier i am a novice 4x4'r and at the moment don't have much to offer this community but am willing to share any info I do have cheers all ! looking forward to a long relationship with this site.

nowoolies
22nd March 2011, 11:02 PM
g`day mate
welcome on board heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul

Finly Owner
22nd March 2011, 11:18 PM
Hi all

just new to this site was looking for plans or anyone who has designed or built a steel rear step with duel wheel carrier i am a novice 4x4'r and at the moment don't have much to offer this community but am willing to share any info I do have cheers all ! looking forward to a long relationship with this site.
we ask all new members to post an some info about themselves in introductions before posting questions for help etc please. So if you could kindly do as we all have then this will get other members onside and you'll find plenty of help coming forth.

Thanks Tim

DX grunt
22nd March 2011, 11:26 PM
Hi all

G'day mate.

You have heaps to offer this forum. How about starting with a pic or two of your truck in the Member's Ride section and telling us a bit about what you're truck's got on it and where you're from.

That'll do for a start. Can't load you up too much on your first post. lol

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

DX grunt
22nd March 2011, 11:33 PM
Have you seen the ones on the back of the ex Telstra trucks? They're probably patented, but it should give you a starting point. They have dual steps and dual wheel carriers.
My photobucket is down at the moment, but check my truck in the Member's ride thread.

Ross

Clunk
23rd March 2011, 12:01 AM
welcome aboard the forum mate

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 01:21 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum mate, so don't be shy and get amongst the conversations to make the most of it. Enjoy!

Bruza
23rd March 2011, 09:42 AM
If you can be patient I will do a walkthrough on a carrier I built, in the DIY section.
I just have to find a way to post pictures more efficiently as the way i'm doing it now is very time consuming.

hekarewe
23rd March 2011, 10:47 AM
was talking to ARB about rear steps for GU's and possibilty of having one custom made the comment came baack that if the vehicle is fitted with air bags then what ever rear bar you on must be engineered to activate the exeleromators which in turn activate the air bags in the event of a rear end hit how they would inforce this law god knows but there it is apparrently.

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 11:42 AM
was talking to ARB about rear steps for GU's and possibilty of having one custom made the comment came baack that if the vehicle is fitted with air bags then what ever rear bar you on must be engineered to activate the exeleromators which in turn activate the air bags in the event of a rear end hit how they would inforce this law god knows but there it is apparrently.

Agreed - the mob that do my fittings state the same thing if air bags are involved - not sure of the legalities, but don't think you're even allowed to remove air bags for some reason (I'm sure it's been done, just not supposed to is all I'm suggesting - happy to be wrong though coz I'm not 100% on it).