PDA

View Full Version : GQ steelies on a GU

growler2058
22nd March 2011, 06:18 PM
Question for you all that may have been answered..............but I cant find in the search thing. Will my GQ steelies that look like a sunraysia but different (shallower) fit on a GU ute? An old fella at works havin issues with his GU steelies, tyre/wheel blokes told him nissan had an issue with early GU rims and balancing. So I'm gunna give him my old rims and tyres they are both 16" rims and he'll put his good Cooper AT'son mine. His is 03 0r 04 ex telstra looks just like Rossco's but no bonet scoop earlier.
If they wont fit I dont want the ol boy wasting his time

Cheers

DX grunt
22nd March 2011, 06:32 PM
Don't forget mine are SPLIT RIMS.

Rossco

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/Mytruck18Jun2010003.jpg

Finly Owner
23rd March 2011, 12:22 AM
plates rosscoe

da' maverick
23rd March 2011, 10:18 PM
always dummy fit the rims first before fitting tyres to them.
takes a few minuets saves a lot of swearing .
just unbolt a front one check that they dont touch the brakes or suspension. go lock to lock as well. then do the same to the rear. (obviously don't worry about going lock to lock on the rear)

growler2058
24th March 2011, 10:31 AM
If you've got 16" rims they'll fit perfectly on the GU. But I thought GQ's had 15" rims? They are tight on GU's and won't fit ABS models from what I hear.

Damn you've planted the seed of doubt in my mind now. Oh well there in the back of the other blokes car now and out o my carport...99.99% sure they 16's:icon_bonk: