PDA

View Full Version : Ipf spot light fitting

kevin07
3rd May 2015, 04:13 PM
ok I got the new ipf leds fitted and finished today. not your usual fit up on the y62 negative switched. so I tried splicing into the harness under the steering wheel, after many attempts decided to ask a more learned person. now into the fuse box to find the high beam wire which is the small red wire that goes into the white plug that on the o/s guard side. and ill test them tonight.

threedogs
3rd May 2015, 04:42 PM
Is that only temporary with the scotch loc, not the best way to connect wires IMO,
It will fail, Those look like a different style LED compared to others , interested in what you think

Yendor
3rd May 2015, 04:51 PM
Don't tell me facebook....

You know, you can't trust people on there :tongue:

What, didn't you think we could help you here.... LOL

kevin07
3rd May 2015, 04:53 PM
should I solder. and the lights are the new ipf tri beam leds 3 globes 25 watts each

kevin07
3rd May 2015, 04:57 PM
Don't tell me facebook....

You know, you can't trust people on there :tongue:

What, didn't you think we could help you here.... LOL

could explain a better way as im more than willing to change

threedogs
3rd May 2015, 04:58 PM
about 6" in the old money?, I havent seen these tri beam lights before.
trouble with LED for driving lights they need some form of magnification
and very good reflector, I would think IPF have that covered

kevin07
3rd May 2015, 05:05 PM
about 6" in the old money?, I havent seen these tri beam lights before.
trouble with LED for driving lights they need some form of magnification
and very good reflector, I would think IPF have that covered

they reckon they are good for 400 metres usable all the boys from arb are raving about them

Yendor
3rd May 2015, 05:26 PM
could explain a better way as im more than willing to change

Not at all mate. You did a good job, apart from the scotchlok. I would solder it instead.

kevin07
3rd May 2015, 05:28 PM
Not at all mate. You did a good job, apart from the scotchlok. I would solder it instead.

ok out with the solder again thanks rod.

Hodge
3rd May 2015, 05:37 PM
I have seen these lights in action few weekends ago in the high country. They gave the cheaper imitations of the ARB's (higher priced ) intensity lights, a run for their dollars ... And sadly they put my LED bar to shame as well.

And I will add as well, avoid scotch locks like the plague. They are simply asking for trouble imo.

kevin07
3rd May 2015, 06:17 PM
I have seen these lights in action few weekends ago in the high country. They gave the cheaper imitations of the ARB's (higher priced ) intensity lights, a run for their dollars ... And sadly they put my LED bar to shame as well.

And I will add as well, avoid scotch locks like the plague. They are simply asking for trouble imo.

ok thanks for advice on scotchlock ill get on it. danny from arb moorebank said to me that they are nearly as good as his intensities and half the price.

Hodge
3rd May 2015, 06:26 PM
ok thanks for advice on scothlock ill get on it. danny from arb moorebank said to me that they are nearly as good as his intensities and half the price.

I expected far less light, but when turned on it amazed me how bright they actually are ... Good value imo.

MEGOMONSTER
3rd May 2015, 10:44 PM
Might look into these. Thanks.

kevin07
21st July 2015, 10:44 AM
with these lights the spot is great but the spread is not. also the spread got condensation in it so arb are changing it when there is stock in the country. im changing it for another spot and then ill put a small spread bar on it.

dave97
22nd July 2015, 09:29 PM
I hate scotch locks they are horrible and no good for automotive use imo, however a solder joint can be worse if not done properly, not saying you can't solder hell it's been a while for me so i wouldn't trust my own joints atm, personally I'd use quick crimps with a ratchet tool.

kevin07
22nd July 2015, 10:56 PM
I hate scotch locks they are horrible and no good for automotive use imo, however a solder joint can be worse if not done properly, not saying you can't solder hell it's been a while for me so i wouldn't trust my own joints atm, personally I'd use quick crimps with a ratchet tool.

im shit at soldering mates job.

dave97
23rd July 2015, 10:37 AM
Then use quick crimps or another brand but use a ratchet crimper guarantee you have a good crimp and joint then

kevin07
24th July 2015, 12:47 AM
mate will solder it