PDA

View Full Version : Multiple GQ Hubs Available?

simongnz
22nd March 2011, 11:51 AM
I've been driving my GQ Safari for years without the front hubs installed because they were knackered and made clicking noises. Recently I went into Repco and bought some replacement hubs but there is no way they'll fit. They have the same number of bolts but look like they need a big spacer behind them to make them work.

Does anyone know if there are more than one type of hub for a 1990 Safari 4.2 non-turbo?

Cheers

YNOT
22nd March 2011, 12:03 PM
If you've been driving around without hubs on then your wheel bearings will have been exposed to all sorts of dust and debris and will need to be replaced.

Photos will help us work out what is going on with your hubs.

A few other options for you to consider,
1, If you still have the original auto hubs (I'm assuming they're auto hubs because you said they were clicking) you can remove the auto locking mechanism and use them as a manual hub. Check this link for more info; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?596-Fixing-GQ-GU-auto-hubs&highlight=auto+hubs

2, Look on ebay for second hand genuine Nissan manual hubs. You can usually pick up a complete kit for $250.

Tony

simongnz
22nd March 2011, 12:12 PM
Sorry, I should have been clearer - I removed the locking part and then reattached the hub. The replacement parts I purchased from Repco are the full assembly and are manual hubs. Problem is they don't fit. I'll take some photos from home tonight to make things clearer.

Thanks for your prompt reply.