PDA

View Full Version : Camper mod needing 2m drawer slides

AB
18th April 2015, 07:36 PM
Haven't measured exactly yet just toying with the idea as you do on a Saturday night ;

I have a modified Windsor pop top that is a few inches higher then standard, etc.

I'm wanting to run slide out kitchen drawers on both the rear (underneath seating inside) and the front.

I'll need roughly a 2m ball bearing slider though, has anyone done this or know of where to get them?

Quality is the key here as they will get dust and I'm concerned of the lengthy runner getting jammed. Or do people run boxed timber with silicone tape etc for those lengths?

Winnie
18th April 2015, 07:52 PM
Where is MudRunnerTD!
If you need a hand cutting holes in your camper, I am there =)

the evil twin
18th April 2015, 09:12 PM
2 metres !!!
Is that 1 metre closed, 2 metres extended
or
2 metres closed 4 metres extended

Be aware that the weight rating on slides isn't full weight at full extension

Here is a link to the slides I used on my Camper (1500mm x 225 Kg)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1500mm-SUPER-HEAVY-DUTY-225-KG-ball-bearing-fridge-drawer-slide-runner-locking-/151157353602?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2331ae2c82

Good vendor, awesome quality slide... have a search around on his site and you may find what you want

AB
18th April 2015, 09:16 PM
2 metres !!! Is that 1 metre closed, 2 metres extended or 2 metres closed 4 metres extended Be aware that the weight rating on slides isn't full weight at full extension Here is a link to the slides I used on my Camper (1500mm x 225 Kg) http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1500mm-SUPER-HEAVY-DUTY-225-KG-ball-bearing-fridge-drawer-slide-runner-locking-/151157353602?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2331ae2c82 Good vendor, awesome quality slide... have a search around on his site and you may find what you want thanks ET I'll take a peak. I'm inly guessing mate, 1590 May be fine too.

I'll do some measure up tomorrow.

lhurley
18th April 2015, 10:50 PM
Could always make your own runners.

Get some box section ally of whatever tickles your fancy and some skateboard bearings.

Attach the bearing either the draw or surround and the box section to the other. Mount the bearings so that they are too and bottom of the box section and alternate where the bearing on the top and bottom are, eg not all in line but a zig zag.

I hope that makes sense. Rum is making words hard.

MudRunnerTD
18th April 2015, 11:14 PM
Just copy the slide set up on my black widow drawers ab

BigRAWesty
19th April 2015, 08:08 AM
Could always make your own runners. Get some box section ally of whatever tickles your fancy and some skateboard bearings. Attach the bearing either the draw or surround and the box section to the other. Mount the bearings so that they are too and bottom of the box section and alternate where the bearing on the top and bottom are, eg not all in line but a zig zag. I hope that makes sense. Rum is making words hard.

I was thinking this, but the braw back of this setup is you can get 100% travel. So say the kitchen is full width, 10% of it will be under the camper still so the runners can safely counter lever I'm bearings.

The slides are a 3 stage, so safely go over the 100% with plenty of overlap in the slides for strength..

NissanGQ4.2
19th April 2015, 10:45 AM
I might be able to still get these Andy which look the same as on ET's link: http://uesint.com/shop/steel-drawer-slides/

PM me if you want me 2 get you a price

the evil twin
19th April 2015, 11:48 AM
Yeah, probably same and price looks like similar quality if they are different manuf anyway.

Don't fall for the trap of getting two lockables, 99% of applications you only use one or none.
If both slides lock it means if you have something in your hand you want to remove/put in the draw you have to put it down to open or close the draw.
You would be suprised how quickly that becomes a PIA

BigRAWesty
19th April 2015, 11:54 AM
Yeah, probably same and price looks like similar quality if they are different manuf anyway. Don't fall for the trap of getting two lockables, 99% of applications you only use one or none. If both slides lock it means if you have something in your hand you want to remove/put in the draw you have to put it down to open or close the draw. You would be suprised how quickly that becomes a PIA
X2. Double locking is a pita