PDA

View Full Version : Tow Bar and Bull Bar on a Y62

4robbos
14th April 2015, 07:03 PM
I just took a Ti-L for a test drive and was impressed. The sales person didn't know if a weight distribution hitch could be fitted. In fact he didn't know what one was. Also be said a bull bar could not be fitted to the Ti-L because of the adaptive cruise control system as it would void the warranty.Can anyone tell me about either of these issues please?

Clunk
14th April 2015, 07:07 PM
Your best bet would be to speak to ARB or TJM, seeing as they now make bull bars for the Y62

kevin07
14th April 2015, 10:43 PM
for the back fit firestone hp air bags which I have done and the arb delux bullbar is getting fitted this Friday is compliant and is the best due to general consensus of reading other reports. with the air bags there is no need for a weight distribution bar. may I ask what you are towing

BigRAWesty
14th April 2015, 11:02 PM
I just took a Ti-L for a test drive and was impressed. The sales person didn't know if a weight distribution hitch could be fitted. In fact he didn't know what one was. Also be said a bull bar could not be fitted to the Ti-L because of the adaptive cruise control system as it would void the warranty.Can anyone tell me about either of these issues please?

Pretty sure arb and tjm are both complianced bars so should not void warranty.
But best to ring arb or tjm.
And I'm pretty sure the tow hitch is a 50mm receiver so yes a distribution hitch can be used.
As Kev said there are other options these days.

Winnie
15th April 2015, 07:32 AM
for the back fit firestone hp air bags which I have done and the arb delux bullbar is getting fitted this Friday is compliant and is the best due to general consensus of reading other reports. with the air bags there is no need for a weight distribution bar. may I ask what you are towing

Do you have the Ti-L with adaptive cruise control?
When we toured ARB they had a jeep bullbar, the Jeep had adaptive cruise and the bullbar had massive ugly sensor on the front of it, just so that the cruise would still work

threedogs
15th April 2015, 01:01 PM
Weight distributition , not even Kaymar warrant their rear bar for weight distribution. so ask Hayman reese

Stropp
15th April 2015, 06:57 PM
Weight distributition , not even Kaymar warrant their rear bar for weight distribution. so ask Hayman reese

td he is talking about a tow bar not the rear replacement bar .

gregs
23rd April 2015, 09:27 AM
You can use a weight distribution hitch with both the nissan or hayman reeses towbars. I talked to a parts guy within a nissan dealership whom I trust as he has been there quite a while and knows what he is talking about and I asked him about the nissan towbar, he told me that yes a weight distribution hitch can be used but advised against it as they cannot control how and when you use it. I think in all nissans literature it just says, no, a weight distribution hitch cannot be used, or recommended not to be used as it easier to say this and cover all bases.
I got a hayman reese towbar for ours as they sell weight distribution hitches so going on assumptions alone they must build them to be able to handle the weight distribution hitch.

kevin07
2nd May 2015, 10:40 PM
Do you have the Ti-L with adaptive cruise control?
When we toured ARB they had a jeep bullbar, the Jeep had adaptive cruise and the bullbar had massive ugly sensor on the front of it, just so that the cruise would still work

sorry winnie for not replying. yes I do and you can hardly notice it, 2 reasons its tucked in there nice and 2 when people look at it they just go into fantasy land.

Country-Wide water
25th April 2016, 04:45 PM

Hi . I have a 2013 Ti-L Y62 . You can get a nice bullbar from ARB with a winch fitted , they can re-locate the camera . They gave me a quote , I didnt go ahead , but its all been done before Also there is a 2 inch lift kit available in Melb ( I had the kit sent up and ARB in Burleigh ( Gold Coast ) did the fit . I had one fitted about a year ago : honestly Im very happy with the lift kit . Also I bought roof bars : chrome run length of the roof not across . Also I bought
chrome door panels : easy to fit . Also Hayman Reece do a huge adjustable tow hitch : bought one of those also. Done over 100,000 klm of faultless driving .
Also you can order LCD headlights from Dubai : Nissan dealership , even the new 2016 Y62 front end from Dubai : costs about $ 4000 landed , and you cant buy
that here : all just bolts straight on . : I saw these in Dubai when on a business trip , they look pretty nice . Y62 : nice vehicle . I very happy with mine anyway . Regards

threedogs
25th April 2016, 05:53 PM
I friend of mine is designing a 4" lift or the Y62, should go and check his progress.
Probably for the OS market. ARB do a front bar as do Rasslar.

kevin07
1st June 2016, 09:11 AM
I friend of mine is designing a 4" lift or the Y62, should go and check his progress.
Probably for the OS market. ARB do a front bar as do Rasslar.

jeez td that would cost a motza

threedogs
1st June 2016, 01:56 PM
jeez td that would cost a motza

must go and get an update, Money was not an option lol
I need to talk to him about a few other things as well

Red1
13th July 2016, 08:12 PM

I drive a TiL last week with the radar cruise and it had an ARB winch bar fitted, camera was relocated to the front and all worked well. We were really impressed, currently have a 200 but looking to change it

Cyclone
10th May 2017, 04:39 PM
Just picked up my new Y62. Interesting Warning Label stuck in the manual. It Says "Do not fit front protection systems or accessories having a combined weight greater than 85kg to the front of this vehicle. If you do, this could damage your vehicle." This quote is word for word. It is an amendment sticker added to the Table of contents page by Nissan. I wonder if there has been some problems with warranty and bull bars.
Sid

gregs
15th May 2017, 09:25 PM
Just picked up my new Y62. Interesting Warning Label stuck in the manual. It Says "Do not fit front protection systems or accessories having a combined weight greater than 85kg to the front of this vehicle. If you do, this could damage your vehicle." This quote is word for word. It is an amendment sticker added to the Table of contents page by Nissan. I wonder if there has been some problems with warranty and bull bars.
Sid

Sid, mate no issues with warranties, that sticker/warning is in every y62 manual (or should be). It's just nissan covering their arse.

Retyre
24th November 2018, 07:15 PM
4r reference to your post apr 2015, I am about to do the same and I am keen to know your final solution and feed back for bull bar / tow bar (hitch point?) and any side bars ? I am very interested in the discussion regarding interference to cruise control, Ideally I am looking to get a Ti-L 2016-17. Any advice very welcome. many thanks

the evil twin
24th November 2018, 08:04 PM
Sid, mate no issues with warranties, that sticker/warning is in every y62 manual (or should be). It's just nissan covering their arse.

Same warning is also in the Engine Bay, pax side. Few different theories why, HBMC suspension, front wheel loading, oversteer, etc.
IMHO it is probably all of the above and then some.

One of the reasons why a few aftermarket manuf are going for the 'predator style' bars or composite (steel/alloy) bars.