PDA

View Full Version : Billy Goat Bluff Track

OldCodger
11th April 2015, 06:21 PM
Hello all. It's been a while since I posted. In that time I've changed up to a 2013 Y61 Auto Wagon (mud tyres, but no suspension mods). I will be in the Wonnongatta Valley soon, and I'm interested in reports of conditions up Billy Goat Bluff Track. From the things I've read, I expect I could do a bit of damage to the underside going up that track. If you have recent experience of that track, I'd be pleased to here your views. Cheers. Codger

Winnie
11th April 2015, 06:29 PM
Hey mate, the track has been graded and there is pretty much no chance of any damage. It is all flat track now

OldCodger
11th April 2015, 06:48 PM
Thanks Winnie. I take it then, that it's not unduly "rocky" all the way from the Wonnongatta river up to the top of the Bluff. What is a good estimate of time for the climb? OldCodger

BigRAWesty
11th April 2015, 06:53 PM
when we did it this time last year it was rocky but pick lines and no damage.
from memory id say it took under 2 hours.. we didn't return though, went a different way..
so now that its pretty much a 2wd track id say under 1 1/2, maybe under 1 if its quiet up there..

ill get a link of the trip we did in case you'd like to do the same tracks..

BigRAWesty
11th April 2015, 06:56 PM
well that didnt take long, report was not far below your post..
anyway here it is.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?27632-Dargo-forum-meet-(April-25-27-2014)-photos-and-videos

Winnie
11th April 2015, 07:14 PM
when we did it this time last year it was rocky but pick lines and no damage.
from memory id say it took under 2 hours.. we didn't return though, went a different way..
so now that its pretty much a 2wd track id say under 1 1/2, maybe under 1 if its quiet up there..

ill get a link of the trip we did in case you'd like to do the same tracks..

I think it took us about 45 mins to do it, prob do it now in not long over half an hour

katwoman
11th April 2015, 07:31 PM
Winnie's right. We did it a couple of months back, and it's pretty smooth. Still steep in spots, but nothing bad. 45 min one way to the top. Allow an hour just to look at the view on the way..

BigRAWesty
11th April 2015, 08:31 PM
I think it took us about 45 mins to do it, prob do it now in not long over half an hour

Really. Seemed longer lol

MEGOMONSTER
12th April 2015, 12:42 AM
Also heard that it's very powdery now that it been graded.
It get very very busy at times.
During Easter break the bluff was a carpark traffic jam.

OldCodger
15th April 2015, 10:20 PM
Thanks to all above. Powdery. Smooth. Sounds brilliant (read slippery) for this coming weekend when we might see 20 - 40 mm of rain.
Thanks guys. You've brought me up to date on that track.
Codger